IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My ISF and SC pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-09, 08:35 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaslapp1
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. They are my pride and joy (besides my girlfriend). I just thought about it I have over 1000rwhp sittin in my garage. I know its not the most in the world by any means but thats a lot of hp in one two car garage.
How are the IS-F headers coming along?
Old 11-20-09, 01:29 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SC looks like a Donk. Nice cars though.
Old 11-20-09, 07:30 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hopefully when i come home to visit i'll run into you.
Old 11-20-09, 10:40 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Good looking pair of Lexus's you have there!
Old 11-21-09, 12:24 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

get a gt-r in the mix... and then we would be talking! haha jkjk... nice pics!
Old 11-22-09, 07:39 AM
jaslapp1
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought about buying a GTR when I bought the F but when I bought the F the GTRs were going for over 100G's and I got my F for about half that price. So I'm very happy with what I bought. besides the SC is way faster than a GTR. It's not in the turns yet but once I cage it and do some more stiffening to the body I think it could give it a run for its money.
Old 11-22-09, 10:22 AM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

very nice rides!!! both of them indeed.. i love that blue color ISF
Old 11-22-09, 11:25 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Beast from the east! Nice!
Old 11-22-09, 01:49 PM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

Very nice rides, congrats!
Old 11-23-09, 01:54 PM
jfb92sc300
Driver School Candidate

Very nice cars. Where are you in Md.? I watched your SC coming together at JE over this past month. I have a Supra in there now and I have a 92 SC300
5 speed going in there when the Supra is done.
Really like what you have done with the SC, The GT4094R leaves a lot of room for development of RWHP. I actually was in the shop when the car was on the dyno, nice numbers and it sounds great.
-Fred
Old 11-23-09, 05:12 PM
jaslapp1
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jfb92sc300
Very nice cars. Where are you in Md.? I watched your SC coming together at JE over this past month. I have a Supra in there now and I have a 92 SC300
5 speed going in there when the Supra is done.
Really like what you have done with the SC, The GT4094R leaves a lot of room for development of RWHP. I actually was in the shop when the car was on the dyno, nice numbers and it sounds great.
-Fred
Ahhhh are you the one with the built 7M? I'm in howard county. Thanks by the way James and the rest of the crew down at JE do great work. If that is your 7M let me know what the final numbers are if you can.
Old 11-24-09, 12:13 AM
jfb92sc300
Driver School Candidate

Ahhhh are you the one with the built 7M? I'm in howard county. Thanks by the way James and the rest of the crew down at JE do great work. If that is your 7M let me know what the final numbers are if you can.
Yes, the black car is mine. I'll be glad to let you know the numbers. Probably won't be dyno tuned until late Feb. Agree that James and the crew at JE do great work. Funny, James liked the turbo he put on your car so much that he used he same one on mine.
Old 11-24-09, 08:01 AM
jaslapp1
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jfb92sc300
Yes, the black car is mine. I'll be glad to let you know the numbers. Probably won't be dyno tuned until late Feb. Agree that James and the crew at JE do great work. Funny, James liked the turbo he put on your car so much that he used he same one on mine.
Yea thats what he told me. I actually have an 87 7M with a built motor. It was my first project car that I did a little drifting with and what not when I was in college (James tuned it for me and got it running pretty much a p.o.s). My cousin and I are now turning it into a drag car since its not a street car and we want to do something with it. That's why I'm interested in your build so keep me informed.
Old 11-25-09, 07:39 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Nice!
If you threw a kit, and the IS-F blue color on that SC it'd make for an even sweeter garage shot. (Nice brakes btw!)
Old 11-26-09, 03:15 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

I thought about buying a GTR when I bought the F but when I bought the F the GTRs were going for over 100G's and I got my F for about half that price. So I'm very happy with what I bought. besides the SC is way faster than a GTR. It's not in the turns yet but once I cage it and do some more stiffening to the body I think it could give it a run for its money.
Nice SC!!

But a GTR is in no way a slouch. Having owned a supra with all the goodies I know the power of that type of setup. My GTR stock was a 11.6-11.7 1/4 and now modded with only a tune and exhaust it is a 10.8-11.1 1/4 car all day long. Dont get me wrong I love the power of a supra, it is a highway killer and will probably still beat a modded GTR on a highway pull, but a single turbo cars power band is so violent compared to the GTR. When that turbo spools up and boost hits at about 4000 rpm you better be ready and hold on because it will slide on you quick. The GTR's power band is awesome with power everywhere and its usable. Unlike my supra which was not getting any grip unless it was wearing Drag radials and in order to get serious power I needed to run race fuel from 16psi to 32psi. Two very different cars with very different powerbands. With your setup you probably will trap somewhere around 135 to 140 in the 1/4 and a GTR with stock turbo's can trap 128 to 133(on pump Gas) and with modded stock turbos they are trapping 134 to 140(also on pump Gas). So you see your SC is not way faster than a GTR that has been modded. It is though way faster than a stock GTR. It will also take a ton of suspension mods to make your SC faster in the corners too. Its just 1990's technology versus 2000's and RWD versus AWD.

Yes I agree last year this time the GTR's prices were pretty crazy with dealers marking up cars like they were gold. I bought mine last year Nov. 08 but had ordered it in June 08 and paid 0 markup. Thats the only way I was going to buy it. I was not going to pay any markup. Now though used GTR's are going for decent prices(50k and up) and new ones are sitting on dealer lots being discounted to move.

Anyway love your SC but had to point out some facts with the GTR. Kinda hard to compare a heavly modded SC with a 2jz in it to a stock GTR. It just seems the GTR gets bashed alot because of misinformation and rumor rather than fact.

Quick Reply: My ISF and SC pics