IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Finally 2 months of wait is over...Strasse Forged CF wheel!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-09, 10:40 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

gonna go against the grain here.....it's already hard as it is to make the IS-F better looking than stock, without it looking like a ISx50, and these kinda do the same. 5 spokes dont cut it for the F, and the carbon fiber is kinda cool, but would better on a lighter car, say white.
Old 12-03-09, 11:31 PM
ISFAIL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look incredible you baller. One question if I may, how do you like your Nitto Invos? I'm thinking about heading that way myself shortly. Thank you and again congrats on some sweet rollers
Old 12-03-09, 11:37 PM
kwik801
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sick sick. Lets good bro. Man your wait is only 2 months, my rims were suppose to be here the first week of Nov and got delayed by sema. I'm still waiting now =(. Couple more weeks I hope
Old 12-04-09, 04:01 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome wheels!

DiauR1 - you're down in Southern VA, right? Please let me know if you're ever in my neck of the woods. I'd love to check these wheels out in person.
Old 12-04-09, 05:23 AM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by montgb
Awesome wheels!

DiauR1 - you're down in Southern VA, right? Please let me know if you're ever in my neck of the woods. I'd love to check these wheels out in person.
most def, if you guys every have something going on let me know
Old 12-04-09, 06:13 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice! Would love to get them on my car
Old 12-04-09, 03:56 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nysupraman
gonna go against the grain here.....it's already hard as it is to make the IS-F better looking than stock, without it looking like a ISx50, and these kinda do the same. 5 spokes dont cut it for the F, and the carbon fiber is kinda cool, but would better on a lighter car, say white.
I have to agree, these wheels make your IS-F look ***** sorry

We all know the CF is just fake laminate and 5-spoke with chrome lips + no drop = really odd looking at best. The chrome lip just makes the gap look bigger than if you had OEM wheels...my 2 cents.

But hey as long as you like it, it's your money

Last edited by s4play; 12-04-09 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-04-09, 04:18 PM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

So which set of wheel makes it not look like the x50 lol? The one that you are waiting 10 weeks for? Yes a drop would look 100000x better as people have already mention. As far as these wheels making the F 'cheap' looking? Wow I'm speechless
Old 12-04-09, 04:32 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Please take what I say lightly with a grain of salt since wheel opinions vary widely and with heavy bias. I firmly believe luxo sedans should not use thin 5-spoke rims as it's too sporty to pull it off (again my 2 cents) Seems like a lot of people here like it....

I never mod my cars to please anyone but myself and you shouldn't either I do respect your opinion and it's your car.

I've said it before but there has been TONS of IS-F's posted with aftermarket rims and most have failed. So far the only ones that look "appropriate" TO ME is the 20" BBS LM's on the Starfire.

Just because something costs $$$$ does not mean it's tasteful but I will edit my post above. "Cheap" is too harsh a word, let's just say not my taste.
Old 12-04-09, 06:32 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

No one said they looked cheap, money can't buy taste. You are posting pics online and people will give their opinions. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so as long as you think it looks good, that's all that matters! Don't take it so harsh is all I'm sayin

On a sidenote, I can't wait for you to mount those 10 spoke black advans s4play! I think we're on the same level of taste when it comes to these cars.
Old 12-04-09, 07:23 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh so it was you who got the other set of CF wheels i've been hearing about before!! I know exactly how you feel when these wheels arrived lolz.. So sick bro! hmm go low and get he Wald kit for your IS-F Damn i wished we can do a photoshoot together haha... More pics! I think its time for a new sig
Old 12-04-09, 09:52 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

In all honesty it's very hard to make the car look better than stock with aftermarket wheels. I still haven't found a design I would go ahead and say I would most definitely consider putting on my car. The stock BBS really makes the car look unique and aggressive - everything else really falls short. I don't understand why people would want to change the wheels on their F... it's like those ballers who put HRE Performance wheels on their Murcielago. Doesn't even look even nearly as good as the five-spoke stockers.
Old 12-05-09, 12:49 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow they look great.. CF FTW..
Old 12-05-09, 04:17 AM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Phil888
Oh so it was you who got the other set of CF wheels i've been hearing about before!! I know exactly how you feel when these wheels arrived lolz.. So sick bro! hmm go low and get he Wald kit for your IS-F Damn i wished we can do a photoshoot together haha... More pics! I think its time for a new sig
thanks bro, can decide which lip to get for the F. Theres only a hand full of choices out there
Old 12-05-09, 04:18 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Please take what I say lightly with a grain of salt since wheel opinions vary widely and with heavy bias. I firmly believe luxo sedans should not use thin 5-spoke rims as it's too sporty to pull it off (again my 2 cents) Seems like a lot of people here like it....

I never mod my cars to please anyone but myself and you shouldn't either I do respect your opinion and it's your car.

I've said it before but there has been TONS of IS-F's posted with aftermarket rims and most have failed. So far the only ones that look "appropriate" TO ME is the 20" BBS LM's on the Starfire.

Just because something costs $$$$ does not mean it's tasteful but I will edit my post above. "Cheap" is too harsh a word, let's just say not my taste.

Wow, this sounds just like how I used to feel. Not exactly but close.
Then I saw an S-Class on 5 spokes and changed my mind.
Plus, I wouldn't call the ISF a luxo-sedan. It's a car that should have been born a coupe...but even with it's 4 doors it's pure sport car and sporty wheels look right at home.
Lastly, I hate the stockers. They look too soft, too luxurious for this mighty beast. They belong on a luxo-sedan but not this sport car.
So, you're right. We all have different views.

Quick Reply: Finally 2 months of wait is over...Strasse Forged CF wheel!