IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Finally 2 months of wait is over...Strasse Forged CF wheel!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-09, 09:12 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by diaur1
i would love to but knowing one day its gonna be driven by the wife 24/7, i think its safer to keep it where its at

naw, i first fell in love with this carbon fiber on white, gotta stay real!

Not 100% sure...maybe rob could chime in.

Definitely bro, let me know when you guys wanna meet up. I dont usually go on vadriven so just hit me up on cl

still debating on which front lip to get...maybe an advance bday present from the wife lol
good point!!!!
Old 12-07-09, 02:06 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

The wheels look great. On a side note, how do you like the Nitto INVO's? How is the traction and what about the handling? Do you notice any sidewall flex from the soft sidewalls?
Old 12-07-09, 02:25 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do these wheels have real CF overlay on top of Aluminum? Not sure how CF wheels are constructed.
Old 12-08-09, 03:04 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nysupraman
No one said they looked cheap, money can't buy taste. You are posting pics online and people will give their opinions. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so as long as you think it looks good, that's all that matters! Don't take it so harsh is all I'm sayin

On a sidenote, I can't wait for you to mount those 10 spoke black advans s4play! I think we're on the same level of taste when it comes to these cars.
Yes I can tell we like to mod cars in similiar ways but there's no wrong or right way to go about it

To OP: I'm sure your car will hold its own on the east coast - different tastes that's all
Old 12-08-09, 04:24 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by s4play

To OP: I'm sure your car will hold its own on the east coast - different tastes that's all
For the area Diau (and I) are in, it doesn't matter what wheels he gets......as there's nothing to "hold its own" against.

the car market here does NOT have modded luxury vehicles (not including escalades/navigators/etc) --- The cars that are modded are new dodge chargers (and similar) and mostly civic-type imports....each of which is a much different look than what most CL'ers have.

In this area, just seeing an IS-F is pretty unusual.....let alone seeing a modded one

Last edited by mikes rx; 12-08-09 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-08-09, 07:20 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
For the area Diau (and I) are in, it doesn't matter what wheels he gets......as there's nothing to "hold its own" against.

the car market here does NOT have modded luxury vehicles (not including escalades/navigators/etc) --- The cars that are modded are new dodge chargers (and similar) and mostly civic-type imports....each of which is a much different look than what most CL'ers have.

In this area, just seeing an IS-F is pretty unusual.....let alone seeing a modded one

I know that hence the remark about east vs. west

I've been out to Fairfax on numerous occasions and Duke is not far away since my girl is alumni from there. The car "scene" in general does not exist and you rarely even see modded cars. I was there for about 2 weeks and only saw a riced out Eclipse and some ghetto rides that showed a combination of poor taste and horrible choices.....

My friends who live there assure me there were nice rides but I was just in the wrong area so who knows....haha

Edited: Last time I checked this is a public forum and I never made any negative comments???? sheesh

Last edited by s4play; 12-08-09 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-08-09, 08:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You guys be nice before a moderator closes the thread.
Who cares what one guy thinks anyway.
The car is hot.
Old 12-09-09, 02:07 PM
boostd4lfe
Driver School Candidate

Im new to this forum and Ive heard its a good one. I hope its not one of those forums where ppl post too many harsh opinions. I dont always agree but im not mean about it.

On another note..

Dude that is one bad *** ride. I should know, i have one too The wheels are beyond sick. Yes you do need at least a slight drop, and a front lip wouldnt hurt. And im not sure but they look like real cf on them, over that sticker vinyl stuff ppl use that looks like painted squares lol. Theres no way stocks compare to these. Good taste and good luck bro
Old 12-09-09, 03:11 PM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

Thanks bro welcome to CL and there's tons of info here that you can find regarding your F. I know everyone had their own agenda when it comes to modding. Lol

Last edited by lobuxracer; 12-09-09 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Pointless baiting
Old 12-09-09, 03:59 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

holly robs. hehe
That is SIIIICK
Old 12-09-09, 04:06 PM
boostd4lfe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DiauR1
Thanks bro welcome to CL and there's tons of info here that you can find regarding your F. I know everyone had their own agenda when it comes to modding it's just the igornant ones that ticks me off. Lol
thanks for the welcome. lol dont let em get to you! you, me, and everyone else knows those rims are bad as effffffff! you can never ever go wrong with black and carbon fiber! and real cf from what i just read