IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Track Days front end protection

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09, 05:17 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Track Days front end protection

What do you guys do to protect the front of your cars on track days? With my Vettes we used to use blue painters tape but I was wondering from those of you who track their cars often what do you use, removable bra's etc.

I am going to be tracking my F soon at the Fast Lane driving school held at Willow Springs, and the blue tape is a bit of a PITA.

http://www.raceschool.com/courses_high_perf.html

Thanks,

Gary
Old 12-04-09, 07:55 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey gary! Just get a clear bra, and you get protection from the road track debris, as well as get protection from everyday freeway driving...

It's a win win situation!
Old 12-04-09, 09:32 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Hey T0e, how are you. I thought about you when we did the Wrightwood run and trying to work around to Glendora. We have to do another mountain run soon.

The clear bra is an option, but what I am looking for is what several of my vette buddies were using at the track. A nylon front end mask, it is easy on and off. Check the link

http://www.southerncarparts.com/corv...ask-p-284.html
Old 12-05-09, 09:06 AM
formula0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I just picked up a 2010 IS-F last month and I did the clear bra. I've not tracked the IS-F yet but I've been very happy in the past with a clear bra on my track cars. As t0e mentioned, it's a win-win with protection from road debris on freeways
Old 12-05-09, 10:03 AM
ISFAIL
Rookie

3M clear bras etc. discolor your car and are visible after time imo. I would rather just pay a grand and have the entire front end and hood professionally resprayed than paying for something that doesn't protect your car 100% anyway. Just my two cents oh and Painters Tape is the best and peels right off after use (no residue)
Old 12-05-09, 06:56 PM
trackdood
Pole Position

honestly, with my track car i dont use any protection. The most i get is just black rubber marks that go away with the wash. I have not (knock on wood) incurred any damage from the track debris yet. I get my damage from normal road rocks then anything.
Old 12-05-09, 09:20 PM
stick
Pole Position

Definitely get a clear bra for everyday use. It should work fine for track use, but you can't go wrong with a regular bra like Colgan's. Yeah, they are ugly, but for protection on the track they work great--just take it off when you are done.

That nylon cover for the vettes looks good, but it looks thin.
Old 12-07-09, 09:18 PM
AU_EE
Rookie

I put a clear bra on mine, but if you don't want something permanent / that expensive, you could get this:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1

That nylon mask looks fine for bugs and tar, but I can't imagine it doing much to protect from rocks, unless there is a backing that isn't mentioned, and then I wouldn't think it would "stuff" as small as they claim. I doubt the link I provided above will protect from rocks like a clear bra either but have no experience with the product to know how it really compares...