IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Test drove 2010 ISF

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-09, 01:05 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ OMG, you still have your facts all wrong. The pedal dance works in the IS-F as well, but the only difference between doing it and holding the button for 3 sec. is the ESD. Holding the button will turn all the nannies off completely except the ESD. Nothing will be back on regardless of speed.

And if you base your conclusions on a biased TV show, then just go and buy an M3, you'll be quite happy because everytime you watch top gear you'll feel that you made the best purchase.

At least you had one thing right... well, sort of. ECT won't make your car faster, but it'll make it quicker.
Old 12-18-09, 01:26 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my facts are for 2IS only not for IS-F, as i stated i don't know about IS-F and i did not say it is the same for IS-F.

i was simply showing some track time with professional drivers driving these cars, since someone argued that we are not professional drivers, our lap times or street racing times are not perfect.

i remember from reading before, ECT is better for roads with a lot of turning and such, but in a straight line ECT power is slower than normal mode.

my conclusion is i fell in love with the IS-F all over again, and IS-F will be my next car for sure!

GET THE IS-F !
Old 12-18-09, 02:45 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Get an LFA. 'nuff said.
Old 12-18-09, 04:45 PM
Jonsleeper
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Get an LFA. 'nuff said.
I don't know what Lexus was thinking when they made the LFA. Wayyy overpriced.
Old 12-18-09, 04:58 PM
Jonsleeper
Rookie

Anyway I think Lexus did a good job on the ISF. Competing against the vets-AMG,BMW M. Currently I drive a 02 Clk55 which does mid 4sec 0-60 and 13sec @109mph in the 1/4. I still like it and won't sell it. But another car like the ISF,C63 interests me. Also I'm a little worried about the durability of the ISFs tranny. Fast shifts in manual mode puts alot of stress on the trq converter. AMG trannys are bullit proof.
Old 12-18-09, 05:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,410 Posts

Fast shifts in manual mode put a lot of stress on the torque converter? How? It's fully locked from 2nd to 8th in manual mode.

Amazing how much BS people believe and how much misinformation is still out there after three model years of production.
Old 12-18-09, 06:13 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kickhard
Have you even driven a ISF? In what way is it 2 seconds slower than a M3? From the mags you have read or top gear episode you have seen? Maybe in the hands of a professional driver on a track but they are very close in a straight line and in the hands of you or I it would not matter that much. In 7th and 8th gear you dont have to worry about spinning or torque at that speed those gears are in. #2 doesnt make any sense to me

Your #1 point yes the intrusive traction control is hard to turn off but honestly I feel it is just as fast with it on from a stop light once you learn how to drive it and I am sure other owners will say the same. Turning it off unless you have drag radials or sticky sticky rubber will yield burn outs in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears. Just flooring from a stop in sport mode will put a nice smile on your face and the traction control will not shut the car down! All of you people who just have to turn the Traction control completly off must be professional drivers because the ISF will be a tail happy 4dr Drifting beast and if you are doing this on a public road in traffic please be careful.

And I dont think anyone has dubbed this car a M3 killer but more of a worthy competitor and alternative from lexus. The M3 is still years ahead of the ISF in terms of suspension and developement and is and will be the pedigree to shoot at for just about every auto maker in that segment. If you want a M3 killer get a used M5 or M6!!
Originally Posted by Juanca
You have your facts all wrong!

1. As long as the car is not moving, you can turn VDS off completely. Many cars won't allow you to turn traction control off while moving.

2. The IS-F is faster in straight line against an M3, I've raced 4 M3s so far and walked them all. The M3 has better suspension and chassis though, that makes it faster in a closed circuit. Lots of torque in 7th and 8th? Where did you get this from? Dynos show almost the same torque in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th, around 360 lb-ft.

So the IS-F is a disappointment to you, I guess you'll have to move on and get a different car. The worst part of this is that you need an IS-F to get chicks...
+1 Well said guys!

someboy....quit talking about something that you obviously know nothing about.
Old 12-18-09, 07:48 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

what a waste...................
Old 12-18-09, 08:40 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
+1 Well said guys!

someboy....quit talking about something that you obviously know nothing about.
If you actually read eveything I said, your post was just as meaningless as mine. I wonder who should really quit talking
Old 12-18-09, 09:30 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by someboy
my facts are for 2IS only not for IS-F, as i stated i don't know about IS-F and i did not say it is the same for IS-F.
Your words, not mine.

Discussing the 2IS and quoting magazine numbers/bench racing brings nothing to this discussion.

As the other owners have pointed out....your posts lack any credibility in this thread.
Old 12-19-09, 02:47 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jonsleeper
Anyway I think Lexus did a good job on the ISF. Competing against the vets-AMG,BMW M. Currently I drive a 02 Clk55 which does mid 4sec 0-60 and 13sec @109mph in the 1/4. I still like it and won't sell it. But another car like the ISF,C63 interests me. Also I'm a little worried about the durability of the ISFs tranny. Fast shifts in manual mode puts alot of stress on the trq converter. AMG trannys are bullit proof.
LOL , gosh this mis-information is just about as bad as the GTR.

You have nothing to worry about with the trans. Fast shifts have nothing to do with stress on the torque converter. Umm excessive torque is what you have to worry about with most transmissions and sense we dont have much in the way of mods it is a mute issue
Old 12-19-09, 02:57 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

i was simply showing some track time with professional drivers driving these cars, since someone argued that we are not professional drivers, our lap times or street racing times are not perfect.

i remember from reading before, ECT is better for roads with a lot of turning and such, but in a straight line ECT power is slower than normal mode.

my conclusion is i fell in love with the IS-F all over again, and IS-F will be my next car for sure!

GET THE IS-F !
Dude are you high??
Old 12-19-09, 03:36 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

I am ****ing high !!!whats wrong with you?
Old 12-19-09, 03:56 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am ****ing high !!!whats wrong with you?
Meh to this thread... And my advise to you is to buy a M3...

Last edited by Dave600hL; 12-19-09 at 04:01 AM.
Old 12-19-09, 05:08 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

yeah keep hating on me, when i said i fell in love with the IS-F again already, keep the hate coming. i don't know what is worse, people only read part of what i wrote or doesn't read at all, then starts **** talking

Last edited by someboy; 12-19-09 at 05:11 AM.