IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Will there be...an IS-FC? OR coupe is-F?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-09, 02:05 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Will there be...an IS-FC? OR coupe is-F?

As much as I didn't really like the ISX50'C's when they first got on the market their look has grown upon me. The platform of the IS-C does have potential, it just needs a couple mods to accent the body. I think much like the ISX50's, if there was an F version made it would be intense. After all it would be the first Lexus 2 door to be in competition with BMW and the decades of coupe M3's they've had.

Is Lexus planning to launch a IS-F Coupe? If so what will change the design we have now? Think it will have the same size wheel base in the rear, or more aggressive? I have seen the photo-chops, any real pics out there?

All I have to say is, an IS-F coupe would be AMAZING!!!!!! What do you guy's think?
Old 12-26-09, 02:18 PM
Rash
hmm

nah. I want an LX-F
Old 12-26-09, 07:01 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to see a coupe. To me that is the only thing that the M3 has over the F. The coupe could also result in weight saving but, I'll wait and see what the next generation has to offer.
Old 12-26-09, 07:38 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

From what I've heard, yes there will be an F vert next year.

I honestly can't wait to see it come true cause I'm hoping that with it will come some mods for the regular ISC
Old 12-27-09, 07:51 AM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont kill me on this guys, but I dont see a point for lexus to come out with the F conv. Seriously, if you can barely get the money you want for a F, what makes you think your gonna get the money for a F conv.?? If you ask me, I feel that there is no real supply and demand for this "rare" car... I see ppl posting used F for sale on this forum asking if its a good deal or not, but most ppl if not all, are replying, cars great but needs to be a few thousand cheaper or theres ones thats $5000 cheaper at so and so... I remember when the evo and the wrx first came out,,, shooting out the door for full to above msrp... even 2-3 years afterward, ppl were getting real good money for theirs used... Look at our 08 F,,,, ppl look at you funny when you want $45k for a used one with less than 10k on it. we are talking about a $62k car thats suppose to be from a car company that holds its re-sale value really good. If Lexus does come out with the F vert,,, it will just be sold at invoice eventually, in a few months.. No point if you ask me,, just drags the lexus image down. just my 2 pennies
Old 12-27-09, 08:02 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

All Luxury cars looses their value drastically during the first 2 years!! This is not just with an IS-F. If you look at S class or High end luxury cars, Value drops more than 50% in 3 years. Imagine loosing like $60k in 3 yrs....F will still be worth around 20-25K 5 years later...well hopefully.
Old 12-27-09, 11:09 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Not this generation.
Old 12-27-09, 04:12 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
Dont kill me on this guys, but I dont see a point for lexus to come out with the F conv. Seriously, if you can barely get the money you want for a F, what makes you think your gonna get the money for a F conv.?? If you ask me, I feel that there is no real supply and demand for this "rare" car... I see ppl posting used F for sale on this forum asking if its a good deal or not, but most ppl if not all, are replying, cars great but needs to be a few thousand cheaper or theres ones thats $5000 cheaper at so and so... I remember when the evo and the wrx first came out,,, shooting out the door for full to above msrp... even 2-3 years afterward, ppl were getting real good money for theirs used... Look at our 08 F,,,, ppl look at you funny when you want $45k for a used one with less than 10k on it. we are talking about a $62k car thats suppose to be from a car company that holds its re-sale value really good. If Lexus does come out with the F vert,,, it will just be sold at invoice eventually, in a few months.. No point if you ask me,, just drags the lexus image down. just my 2 pennies

I have to tell you that a lot of did not pay anywhere close to $62K for our cars. So I am find with the current value.

But back on topic, I sure hope Lexus will see the benefit of a coupe in the next generation to compete with the M3.
Old 12-27-09, 04:30 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
...Seriously, if you can barely get the money you want for a F, what makes you think your gonna get the money for a F conv.?? If you ask me, I feel that there is no real supply and demand for this "rare" car...
Um, people being able to afford a car are rarely dictators of the offering; it may dictate how many will be produced to just sit on a dealership lot but generally not if the car will be available for order or not.

Coupe F - Lexus should consider one for sure, but I could see them making an F-vert before a coupe (which I think is a smidge silly, people buying performance cars also like weight savings and verts don't really have a lot of weight savings)
Old 12-27-09, 09:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think if Lexus wanted to compete with BMW it needs to do just that. It should produce a 2 door and a convertible within the next year. I hope they can make the car look nicer in the rear but not likely
Old 12-27-09, 09:35 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

i definitely would love an IS-F coupe!
Old 12-27-09, 11:40 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

as i see it, the automotive industry is a very competitive one. each brand is trying to out do the other by offering certain products: sedan, coupe, convertibles. if the IS F-C does come out, it would eliminate both the coupe and convertible advantage that bmw has established with the m3 line. it would be a bonus if the vert came out for the F, but there are some drawbacks. bad timing in the economy. to introduce another vert, probably high end luxury with the IS F-C. true, luxury cars do tend to lose their value faster in the first two or so years, due to the competitive nature of new cars and introduction of new technology.

in the end, lexus noticed it was weak in the area of coupe and convertible, and because it would carry the F brand, it would now be a viable true competitor to the m3. id like to see it happen, but knowing how the economy is currently, i dont think lexus would set themselves for a failure. waiting a little while longer (2+ years) and the vert will be seen as a plus. but at this time, paying for the F alone is troublesome. so the vert would be much more expensive but it would make sense down the road. give the F brand some time to be marketed. in time, IMO the F name will be seen as new and hip versus the M brand which, though prestigious with heritage, is simply outdated and in dire change of a revamped lineup. this is just my opinion...not saying the M brand is weak, but it has been around and there is no "wow" factor to me. you see an m3 on the road, and you think- oh, its just an m3, 'cause there are so many on the road. but when you see the F, most people give off that astonished look. lexus has spent a great deal of time building up its reputation of being a luxurious and all inclusive (dealing with all competitive segments in the auto industry), so they are continuing to do so but keep that prestige of owning a lexus.
Old 12-28-09, 04:49 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

I agree with you, the "F" logo doesn't have as profound reputation like the "M" logo does to people. That' is because it's still new to the car world...not to us, but the majority isn't us. It will catch on slowly, and become yes more updated then the "M" If this is true, then Lexus has alot of work cut out for them, in not only developing an IS-F coupe/and vert, but also something like the GS-F for the M5, and possibly something like an m6? I love the fact that we are seen as the under dog. People don't think Lexus's could really be this fast. A coupe in the F would be my dream