IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PICS - Fox's Twin Turbo IS F | Boston Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-09, 04:21 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks cool. Now please get that car to the track and put some real numbers down. I would love to know what it traps at. That is the real test of how much power its putting down.
Old 12-30-09, 04:29 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

seen it in person many times, bad *** car!

The body work is clean, especially on the fender flares.. for Fox Marketing always doing great work.

I got to see some of his other cars when I was up in York, PA working on the IS-C and they are just as amazing as this one!
Old 12-30-09, 04:39 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF FAN
Unbelievable car! Not sure that turbos at the rear makes much sense? Can't imagine the amount of piping not to mention the lag. I like it anyway!
remote mounts are best way for this car.....plus minimal to no turbo lag and it helps keep the heat outta the engine bay. only trade off is the longer piping as you mentioned

OP car looks amazing....any #'s?
Old 12-30-09, 05:28 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by Shadowen
That made me (insert nasty metaphor here) my pants!!!

Have you had it dyno'd? or Run on a track? I know most show cars don't, but It would be cool to know.
I had dyno runs up last year before I took it to SEMA. It put down 574hp@6psi on the Mustang Dyno in Houston. Video at the link below, sounds like a fighter jet!!

http://www.foxmarketing.net/project_...san-Lexus-IS-F
Old 12-30-09, 05:30 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by airlaird
Wow...so obviously foxmarketing does not actually sell any products like the body kit shown on your IS-F?
airlaird
Nope, that was done one off. But, at the end of 2010 I think I'm stripping the car and selling all the parts off it. That's the plan anyway..haha.
Old 12-30-09, 05:39 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by ISF FAN
Unbelievable car! Not sure that turbos at the rear makes much sense? Can't imagine the amount of piping not to mention the lag. I like it anyway!
It makes total sense from an engineering standpoint to do a rear mounted turbo kit. First of all, you can't put two good sized turbo's under that hood. The benefit is to keep all the heat out of the mounter and there is ZERO lag at all. Once you start the car, the exhaust system gets the pressure. If you have no leaks and water test it as they did out the gate, what issue would you have right? That is doing it right. Now, I'm fully boosted by 2200RPM's making 6psi which is outstanding. I have had over 50 different turbocharged cars so I am hard to impress. Most of the turbo cars I have driven come in somewhere in the mid to upper 3k range on the RPM curve. Once the car gets over 60MPH it shirts smooth but firm and is OUT! 1st and 2nd gear are not impressive but from there out forget out it. I had the car 177MPH in 6th gear going over a mile long bridge with some wind...I decided to pull out of it to live another day.

There is no tune on this car, it runs perfect, no check engine light and air fuel is perfect too. No meth kit, bone stock motor, trans, etc. I have 12,800 miles on the car now and runs like a dream. Wanna race..hahaha??
Old 12-30-09, 10:17 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FoxCars
It makes total sense from an engineering standpoint to do a rear mounted turbo kit. First of all, you can't put two good sized turbo's under that hood. The benefit is to keep all the heat out of the mounter and there is ZERO lag at all. Once you start the car, the exhaust system gets the pressure. If you have no leaks and water test it as they did out the gate, what issue would you have right? That is doing it right. Now, I'm fully boosted by 2200RPM's making 6psi which is outstanding. I have had over 50 different turbocharged cars so I am hard to impress. Most of the turbo cars I have driven come in somewhere in the mid to upper 3k range on the RPM curve. Once the car gets over 60MPH it shirts smooth but firm and is OUT! 1st and 2nd gear are not impressive but from there out forget out it. I had the car 177MPH in 6th gear going over a mile long bridge with some wind...I decided to pull out of it to live another day.

There is no tune on this car, it runs perfect, no check engine light and air fuel is perfect too. No meth kit, bone stock motor, trans, etc. I have 12,800 miles on the car now and runs like a dream. Wanna race..hahaha??
haha so your not running the meth kit and the car is working fine? I thought it was part of the artisan twin turbo kit?
Old 12-31-09, 05:56 AM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FoxCars
I had dyno runs up last year before I took it to SEMA. It put down 574hp@6psi on the Mustang Dyno in Houston. Video at the link below, sounds like a fighter jet!!

http://www.foxmarketing.net/project_...san-Lexus-IS-F
Sick!! Didn't hear the BOV but didn't want to. Now, I'm going to have that sweet sound stuck in my head all day today. Any chance of this beast showing up at CES next week? Would love to see it in person.
Old 12-31-09, 06:00 AM
verals05
Lead Lap

Car looks great...

I want those wheels and that rear diffuser on mine... NOW!
Old 12-31-09, 06:30 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a sick setup!!!
Old 12-31-09, 09:22 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Im going to say that there is NO M3 in the world that looks better then the IS. That paint looks so great on the car that you should be able to get that color from factory.

I wanna have kids with this car....

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 12-31-09 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-31-09, 09:33 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

The fit and finish are outstanding. I wish my ISF looked that clean.
Old 12-31-09, 09:39 AM
jhill20
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah that's a bad car. turned out very nice.
Old 12-31-09, 02:21 PM
pandy_88
Lead Lap

i want it. thx
Old 12-31-09, 03:07 PM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hey mr foxcars
whats used on the taillights, paint?

Quick Reply: PICS - Fox's Twin Turbo IS F | Boston Auto Show