IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Joe Z vs. Borla full exhaust comparisons!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-10, 02:47 PM
MicaISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which exhaust weigh less? any info?
Old 01-05-10, 03:09 PM
MINO
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPS labeled my Borla as 63# shipping weight. Minus all the cardboard and packing material, I'd guesstimate the Borla weighs 59-60#.
The following users liked this post:
Lazy (10-23-17)
Old 10-13-11, 07:01 PM
Super6
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any additional thoughts on the two comparisons? I'm a working family man, two kids, often visiting prospects.. Love the sound of the Joe Z but it wont be a good fit if I pull up to a business with a loud ramble and have internal drone when carting around potential clients. Joe Z or borla?

Last edited by caymandive; 10-14-11 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-13-11, 10:56 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,339 Posts

^^^^Read Pages 14 & 15 of the attached thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-here-14.html

Lou
Old 10-14-11, 04:50 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Super6
Any additional thoughts on the two comparisons? I'm a working family man, two kids, often visiting prospects.. Love the sound of the Joe Z but it wont be a good fit if I pull up to a business with a loud ramble and have internal drone when carting around potential clients. Joe Z or borla?
lowrideraz pointed you in the right direction as I've had both systems on my car. In summary, if drone is a concern then Borla is the way to go.
Old 10-14-11, 07:33 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Welcome to Club Lexus..!!

I have over 40,000 miles logged on my exhuast system..... I'm still waiting to hear the "drone" .. LoL

With over several hundreds exhausts sold for the IS-F already. I have had maybe a few members share their opinion that it "droned" a tad bit more than they liked...

I have had more members come to me directly and ask.. "How can I make it LOUDER"

But hey, I think it's pretty good that you don't see a thread everyday saying the system drones out of control....

We had a similiar discusion in this thread below.. (Click to follow it)

~ Joe Z
Old 10-14-11, 08:37 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Welcome to Club Lexus..!!

I have over 40,000 miles logged on my exhuast system..... I'm still waiting to hear the "drone" .. LoL

With over several hundreds exhausts sold for the IS-F already. I have had maybe a few members share their opinion that it "droned" a tad bit more than they liked...

I have had more members come to me directly and ask.. "How can I make it LOUDER"

But hey, I think it's pretty good that you don't see a thread everyday saying the system drones out of control....

We had a similiar discusion in this thread below.. (Click to follow it)

~ Joe Z

Joe,

As you pointed out there are a few members including myself who shared an opinion that the exhaust droned. Of course everyone has different levels of tolerance to droning, but in the case with Super6 even having to ask, it's probably a decision he needs to take his time on.

If he is set on gaining some hp with an exhaust it would be in his best interest if he could meet up with someone local with a broke-in exhaust. He could then make a solid decision before laying down the bucks.

Depending on what type of potential clients Super6 is talking about I personally wouldn't want anything louder than stock.
Old 10-14-11, 09:16 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Joe,

As you pointed out there are a few members including myself who shared an opinion that the exhaust droned. Of course everyone has different levels of tolerance to droning, but in the case with Super6 even having to ask, it's probably a decision he needs to take his time on.

If he is set on gaining some hp with an exhaust it would be in his best interest if he could meet up with someone local with a broke-in exhaust. He could then make a solid decision before laying down the bucks.

Depending on what type of potential clients Super6 is talking about I personally wouldn't want anything louder than stock.
Agreed... You will make a great Mod.. !!

~ Joe Z
Old 10-14-11, 03:16 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

+1 for Joe-Z its an awesome system that we run on the VIP Auto Salon ISF. Proven dyno'ed power, an amazing exhaust note....

Plus Joe is one cool cat.
Old 10-14-11, 06:11 PM
TripleBlkF
Rookie

I have the Joe Z... i did my research. In the end i wanted something high quality and UNIQUE. Borla is too big of a name for me - it reminds me of my trans am / corvette days.

Joe Z's quality is immaculate... i took it out of the box and really didnt want to install it... I wanted to put it on the damn wall as an art piece..it was beautiful!

The only "drone" i get is actually around town at 40 mph but its irrelevant because there are little things called red lights and stop signs and traffic.

No regrets!
Old 10-14-11, 07:43 PM
rhy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another Joe Z user here and it's awesome. But if you're worried about exhaust sound, it would be best to find someone who has the exhaust already and take a ride in their car. What is tolerable to some might be too much for you.
Old 10-14-11, 08:22 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Love my Joe Z! Best quality I have seen and zero drone.
Old 10-14-11, 09:32 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Joe Z user here and love it!
Old 10-16-11, 06:48 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Joe Z for the win... WOT with full intake and exhaust system upgrades
http://youtu.be/4qg2hpAtH8o
Old 10-16-11, 08:00 PM
blueduck
Driver School Candidate

Sounds good!

Quick Reply: Joe Z vs. Borla full exhaust comparisons!