IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

DYNOD my car for the First time...=)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-10, 09:44 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbastidas0
Im down here in south florida. Tempeture is around 50. Took my car to a Dyno Jet. All I have is a K&N intake. I dont have a scanner and the picture I have of the printout on my Black Berry is pretty crapppy but I was happy with the numbers to say the least. Max Power = 399.48 Max Torque = 380.88
Long time no hear how is the car running? Those numbers seem quite high....
Old 01-11-10, 12:57 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those numbers seem too high for just an intake. Remember, most of us here have an IS-F and have taken it to a dyno. If you still have the print out, use a digital camera (not a cell phone) and upload the graph. As others have said, what matters is SAE corrected and smoothing set at 5.
Old 01-11-10, 05:27 PM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of dyno?

Did you dyno @ TD?
Old 01-11-10, 05:49 PM
dbastidas0
Driver

Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area as I said it was my first dyno.. I dont know if the SAE smoothing was at 5??? It was on a dyno jet and made the run in 6th gear.. Made three runs... First run 375. Second Run 395. Third Run 399. And yes RFFG the dyno was done a TD.
Old 01-11-10, 06:06 PM
dbastidas0
Driver

Originally Posted by LexISguy
What up buddy.. The car is running good... I know those numbers do seem a little high.. Im gonna get it re dynod and see what happens. I just wanted to see where I was at before I put the exhaust on...Hows your baby doing??
Old 01-11-10, 06:09 PM
dbastidas0
Driver

Originally Posted by Juanca
Those numbers seem too high for just an intake. Remember, most of us here have an IS-F and have taken it to a dyno. If you still have the print out, use a digital camera (not a cell phone) and upload the graph. As others have said, what matters is SAE corrected and smoothing set at 5.
No ****** people on here have an IS-F.. It is a IS-F forum isint it??? I wouldnt come put a post on here just to make stuff up..Ill try to put a pic of the printout up soon.
Old 01-11-10, 10:04 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

So... When are we all going to get some friendly runs in

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Originally Posted by Juanca

What up buddy.. The car is running good... I know those numbers do seem a little high.. Im gonna get it re dynod and see what happens. I just wanted to see where I was at before I put the exhaust on...Hows your baby doing??
Old 01-11-10, 11:13 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

nice numbers
Old 01-21-10, 12:37 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

I'm sure you're aware about the number of people browsing different car forums, right? Not everyone here drive an IS-F or a Lexus!

You're not the first one posting up dyno numbers and then finding out that there is a standard used among the ones who have dynoed their IS-F. Dyno in 6th gear, SAE corrected, smoothing set up to 5, and Dynojet if possible.

Care to share a 1/4 mile time to back up your dyno?

No ****** people on here have an IS-F.. It is a IS-F forum isint it??? I wouldnt come put a post on here just to make stuff up..Ill try to put a pic of the printout up soon.
Old 01-21-10, 12:39 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

BTW, you're in Miramar, we should meet up with MRxSLAYx for some friendly runs!
Old 01-21-10, 01:01 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Yes we should all meet up, saw another black is-f with temp tags in doral today vled tail lights and painted tails.

But yes the numbers seem a little inflated (could be smoothing as everyone has said). I will be dynoing again next week if you would like to meet up. (testing some new parts and seeing the gains)!!
Old 01-21-10, 02:17 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Where are you dynoing at? With Janoy? I want to dyno my car again and see the numbers.

Originally Posted by Splat
Yes we should all meet up, saw another black is-f with temp tags in doral today vled tail lights and painted tails.

But yes the numbers seem a little inflated (could be smoothing as everyone has said). I will be dynoing again next week if you would like to meet up. (testing some new parts and seeing the gains)!!
Old 01-21-10, 02:57 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

with janoy doing the ported tb and ported manifold from elite. (some testing numbers for them).
Old 01-21-10, 04:08 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Florida F's are doing it big. I'm gonna set a record the first week of Feb and wait for you guys
Originally Posted by Splat
with janoy doing the ported tb and ported manifold from elite. (some testing numbers for them).
Old 01-22-10, 02:47 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

...because other owners of stock F consistently put down the same hps on the dyno. If stocked F has more HP than advertised, you would see more posts to say such.

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
Why do we all assume that the IS-F has 416hp at the flywheel? Because Lexus said so? I remember a friend of mine owning an L-88 Corvette that was advertised at 430hp. In actuality, that car made well over 500hp at the flywheel. Has anyone ever actually dyno'd the engine by itself? (Just a thought)

Quick Reply: DYNOD my car for the First time...=)