IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Blitz/Tom's Thottle Controller Knock off

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-10 | 07:00 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Default Blitz/Tom's Thottle Controller Knock off

Lookie what I found...seems to be a knock off of the Blitz and Tom's Throttle controller. Price seems reasonable. I always thought it was a rip off to spend $350 to $500 for a little gadget that didn't do anything more than fool the ECU to thinking your pressing the gas pedal harder. This maybe a nice compromise, and it seems to have more settings too...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elect...Q5fCarQ5fParts
Old 01-21-10 | 07:26 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

You're paying for engineering and r&d you know that was done correctly. Now would you trust installing an unknown ebay product for a fraction of the cost in your $62k Lexus?
Old 01-21-10 | 07:37 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Originally Posted by flipside909
You're paying for engineering and r&d you know that was done correctly. Now would you trust installing an unknown ebay product for a fraction of the cost in your $62k Lexus?
Good point. But I figured I'd post it up nonetheless for those who were considering to try it out. I don't usually jump on something, cheap or expensive, until there have been someone who takes the leap and trys it out and gives some feedback.
Old 01-21-10 | 10:06 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Sure. GReddy got ~$100 for a BCC. Supra owners made them for $5 in parts from Radio Shack - the exact same circuit doing the exact same thing. It might be worth a shot for someone who wants this. I've wasted more than $129 on a night out with friends many times - I'd get one to test, but I really don't want it - I like Sport mode just fine.
Old 01-22-10 | 05:45 AM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

I have the Blitz on my car,, trust me, I cannot drive my F without it on now.. Car feels like a tank when you dont turn it on.. once its on, it feels like........ a F lol
Old 01-22-10 | 01:00 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

^ very good point. i had the opportunity to see how the blitz would change the car's dynamic, and i agree. its completely different and much more sportier. no throttle lag, although combined with the joe z exhaust it can be a little bit louder than some would expect, which can attract cops. one of my good buddies has it in her F, and she has a blast driving it now (was complaining a little bit because of the lag before).
Old 01-22-10 | 01:02 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Sure. GReddy got ~$100 for a BCC. Supra owners made them for $5 in parts from Radio Shack - the exact same circuit doing the exact same thing. It might be worth a shot for someone who wants this. I've wasted more than $129 on a night out with friends many times - I'd get one to test, but I really don't want it - I like Sport mode just fine.
I hear that! Those girls in Vegas get expensive lol...
Old 01-22-10 | 01:03 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
Maybe... Does it fix out sticking accelerator pedals? lord knows Lexus and Toyota need all the help they can get in this department, because they have yet to figure it out!
Old 01-22-10 | 01:35 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ming15237
Maybe... Does it fix out sticking accelerator pedals? lord knows Lexus and Toyota need all the help they can get in this department, because they have yet to figure it out!
weak argument. over a slipping mat...the driver who was a 19 year veteran of the CHP. should have put the car in neutral coasted, used the ebrak (which was shot bc of the brakes being to hot) or **** its a rental throw it in reverse or cut the engine. but we wont get into that.
Old 01-22-10 | 01:39 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Splat
weak argument. over a slipping mat...the driver who was a 19 year veteran of the CHP. should have put the car in neutral coasted, used the ebrak (which was shot bc of the brakes being to hot) or **** its a rental throw it in reverse or cut the engine. but we wont get into that.
Latest recall, as of yesterday, is NOT floor mat related. They are STILL not sure what is causing the UNINTENDED accelerations.
Old 01-22-10 | 01:49 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
^ very good point. i had the opportunity to see how the blitz would change the car's dynamic, and i agree. its completely different and much more sportier. no throttle lag, although combined with the joe z exhaust it can be a little bit louder than some would expect, which can attract cops. one of my good buddies has it in her F, and she has a blast driving it now (was complaining a little bit because of the lag before).
totally agree!!! this was my main complaint about this car, the pedal is soo heavy and made the car felt so unresponsive... but its all fixed now with the blitz
Old 01-22-10 | 01:56 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Latest recall, as of yesterday, is NOT floor mat related. They are STILL not sure what is causing the UNINTENDED accelerations.
Simple. Stupid DBW technology, that should have never been implemented in cars to begin with. Why have airplane like computers in cars?

To me it makes no sense, mind you cable applications aren't perfect either... In some climate they would get stuck [ie. cold] in a certain position, giving you cruise control!

And just because it is a knock off doesn't mean much. The only reason things like this get produced is thanks to China and it not having any copyright laws, so they go to the shop buy one take it back to China and build one for half the price. R&D is already accounted for as they are merely stealing the R&D done by Blitz.
Old 01-22-10 | 02:27 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Simple. Stupid DBW technology, that should have never been implemented in cars to begin with. Why have airplane like computers in cars?

To me it makes no sense, mind you cable applications aren't perfect either... In some climate they would get stuck [ie. cold] in a certain position, giving you cruise control! ...
Because you can run a bigger throttlebody with drive by wire and maintain reasonable driveability. You can also apply stability controls far more easily.
Old 01-22-10 | 02:47 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Because you can run a bigger throttlebody with drive by wire and maintain reasonable driveability. You can also apply stability controls far more easily.
I believe VSC is their primary reason for adding "Drive By Wire" Their entire reason is to remove control from the driver when you have a SHTF situation. Let's face it, the computers are capable of doing far more things at once then we are and at a far greater speed. They can cut power, and apply individual brakes to help the driver maintain control. It is only around the corner when they will be able to steer for the driver as well. But this throttle problem I must admit is a little unnerving. I am NOT sold on this being solely a floor mat issue. It has happened to far to many people for this to be the case. Anybody read the recent Car and Driver mag where they punted a new Nismo 370Z into a wall at speed due to a brake pad failure? Point being vehicle manufactures screw up all the time, sometimes it is worse than others.
Old 01-22-10 | 02:52 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

totally missed. in that case nm.

Quick Reply: Blitz/Tom's Thottle Controller Knock off