IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Post YOUR F experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-10, 06:44 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Post YOUR F experience

Ok not to be silly but I have NEVER driven a car that gets such attention...I have driven a GT3 RS and my ex's dads murcialago....owned an FRC corvette coupe, supercharged Tc, boxster, is250, and ss camaro....and gone on power tour, part of gumball run and never gotten as much attention....In the two months I have had the car between grown men women kids they glare at the car oddly..Example first day I had the car had a grown man in his stock corvette just ragging out first gear constantly launching for a race to end result to get beat. Within few weeks of owning the car SRT8 300C I took on a nice race and to my surprise pulled on quite nicely....One of my favorite which made me giddy was an older gentleman in his 335i, which by all means is a sick car if tuned out, decided to race at the life with his wife as well as his friend two lanes over with his new M roadster; and yes I ate their lunch even got a bit sideways under control and his wife waved to me as a nice gesture I guess but he wouldn't ofcoarse lol....then few days later in the morning a 04 cobra fifty roll I got a 1/4 of car length to my astonishing surpise most likely to transmission difference and direct shift of F...then I had a Kia Sorento down 1960 would sit next to me pegging the gas over and over for what I dunno lol...and it goes on and on....I can pace traffic on freeway whether I go over or even under speed limit....The Lambo did get equally amazing looks adn GT3 but not as annoying as I get constantly with F and im not a big racer by any means dont like to "rag" the F out...but very interesting how competitive it actually is many corvette enthusianst I am around in houston were amazed as well even after their tune, cam, heads etc how well the F keeps up and even over took some....Sorry for gossip on nonsense as may come off but just been on my mind so had to share lol....Im pretty sure some of you feel the same as well..
Old 02-01-10, 07:04 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I haven't raced too many people. The only time anybody has really pulled on me was in a new Z06 Corvette...and even then I was surprised he didn't pull harder. My favorite victory is still against an 04 Audi RS6. I though a twin turbo V8 would have brought more to the table.

What surprises me the most is how many guys driving BMW 550s think they can hang. Well in all honesty, I don't think any of them know what an F is, and just think that their V8 will beat anything out there...hehehe.

All the best victories belong to my wife though. She drives the ISF to work 70 miles round trip four days a week. She definitely knows how to drive. The combination of her being a female, and many guys on the road not knowing what an ISF is, results in many many shaken egos.
Old 02-01-10, 07:15 PM
AU_EE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny... around here it seems it's the total opposite. I get almost 0 attention, which although I expected more is fine with me as I don't really want it. I don't know if it's just that, relatively speaking, this area has a fairly high average income and thus lots of "nice" cars or what. In about 9 months of driving it the only case I recall getting much more attention than a slightly long look was an older looking guy in a red S2000 making a left turn at a light where he had a green arrow and I was first in line headed the opposite direction - he was so fixated staring at my car as if it was a UFO that he nearly missed his turn and hit the curb Last second jerk of the wheel saved him....
Old 02-01-10, 07:52 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i don't race but i do get the stared down once in a while in town. stopped at the intersection, im on the left lane making the left. a blue honda si comes up on my right side and the kid stares at my car not knowing the light was turning red. unfortunately he didn't see the cop making that right to join into his lane and the siren goes off. not sure what happen after that but im sure u know the end result. i was heading to the supermarket to buy groceries with my wife.
Old 02-01-10, 09:34 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Its funny,, I get alot of looks in this car but not too many ppl even dare to race me,, It seems like they are scared to even start trouble with the F... Its seriously not that fast but Oh wells, keep it that way, like them stayed scared.. lol
Old 02-01-10, 09:36 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

i get stared down a lot too. the only time i really "raced" was when this stupid m3 wanted to go at it on the freeway. it wasnt the race that bothered me, rather the attempted spitting on their part. very unclassy, but there are good people...and then there are bad. i posted the race in the stories/enthusiast section of CL.
Old 02-01-10, 11:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,041 Likes on 2,447 Posts

I never get anyone who wants to run on the street when I'm in my F. Every punk on the road wants to run my Supra. It's annoying.
Old 02-02-10, 12:16 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I dunno where you guys live but I bought this car to be LOW KEY and it does just that, no one even turns their head to look at me wherever I go!!!

To the OP, if what you say is true you're saying your IS-F gets more attention than a Porsche GT3 RS with the huge wing???? c'mon...u really expect us to believe that?

The IS-F is a low key car, even my heavily modded car with JoeZ exhaust and slammed stance rarely gets a 2nd look. Maybe it's the bay area but I like it that way. If you want attention go buy the new m3 which is a real looker IS-F is sedate.

My daily experiece goes like this, push starter, go to destination, enjoy my Ipod music and shut off the car. No races, no gawking, no head turning.

Unless your car is highly modded but I doubt it....
Old 02-02-10, 04:02 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I never get anyone who wants to run on the street when I'm in my F. Every punk on the road wants to run my Supra. It's annoying.
You should just sell your Supra to me. (j/k)
Old 02-02-10, 07:31 AM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

Very little attention (that I've noticed) unless I drive into Berkeley....I get more of the annoyed look. Two days ago while coming back from lunch, a new M3 continued to run his rpms behind me...blood pressure rose but then I quickly thought about what jail term I would face for reckless driving.
Old 02-02-10, 07:43 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont drive my car often but when i do people with honda del sol wanna race! Lol!
Old 02-02-10, 07:45 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by ISF FAN
Very little attention (that I've noticed) unless I drive into Berkeley....I get more of the annoyed look. Two days ago while coming back from lunch, a new M3 continued to run his rpms behind me...blood pressure rose but then I quickly thought about what jail term I would face for reckless driving.
LMAO! u would get a kill! but then in prison u would get a girl named bill!
Old 02-02-10, 07:58 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

I'm youtube famous with the kid racers in my city ha ha. Guess they like my videos

I went to my first car show in a while on Sunday and got 3 request for a new one
Old 02-02-10, 08:15 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

This makes me want the ISf even more.
Old 02-02-10, 08:55 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i get 0% or 100% attention.

today is was a old black guy in an old pontiac honking, waving, and giving me a thumbs up... it threw me off because it's usually a lancer/3series/honda

Quick Reply: Post YOUR F experience