Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 10:14 AM
Bobby206
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Convince me to get an ISF over the E92 M3

Convince me.

2008/09 ISF or 08/09 E92 M3

Both in same price range, same milage, M3 slightly more expensive.

8spd Auto or 7spd DCT

Extended warranties can be bought. Maintenance and cost of parts don't bother me.

If you were in my situation and had to choose either one of these two at no cost to yourself and no worries of maintenance cost which would you get?

They will be daily driven and even tracked on occasion.

08/09 ISF in obsidian w/ black interior

or

08/09 M3 in Alpine White CF roof w/ Fox Red interior

Last edited by Bobby206; 03-04-10 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-04-10, 10:17 AM
jspecdan
Lexus Test Driver

riddle me this: how many chicks can you fit in the back of an IS-F vs an E92 M3?
Old 03-04-10, 10:17 AM
Bobby206
Pole Position

One and that's my gf
Old 03-04-10, 10:22 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

deja vu

why we would we have to convince you? you should know which one to get... test drive both - WRITE DOWN YOUR PROS AND CONS - you'll see what suits you better

we'll give you the expected answers, without much bashing like some other sites

1st - looks are subjective - pick whatever you like. i think many people here agree exterior M wins, interior F wins.

F>M:
reliability, exclusiveness, price, standard amenities, gas, maintenance (F is better no matter how equal you think the playing field is) (and forget the retarded bmw free maintenance program, many lexus dealership offer a low cost prepaid maintenance that still beat the price difference in most cases when i ask around)

M>F:
better track car, more aftermarket parts, and thousands more M guys who are trying to capture their essence

Last edited by malujerry; 03-04-10 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-04-10, 10:24 AM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Really? Do we need another one of these threads? There are enough of these threads on the E90 forums, here and any other forum that could want to comapre the IS F to XYZ car.

In the end what I would do or choose should have little to no bearing on what car you decide to buy since what we are looking for in a car could be polar opposites.
Old 03-04-10, 10:28 AM
Bobby206
Pole Position

it's hard, coming from an IS350 I know how good lexus is. ISF in black, joez exhaust, tint, coils, graphite BBS RS-GT's = done!

on the other hand the M3 has been a childhood favorite of mine. CF lip, lowered, coils, BBS graphite RS-GT's, eisenmann exhaust = done!

If only I could have the ISF and the M3, a sedan and a coupe. a perfect world.

Last edited by Bobby206; 03-04-10 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-04-10, 10:32 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

+1 malujerry! the M is a better track car and theres a plethora of aftermarket vendors and parts for it, but the F is stress-free IMO. no need to worry about maintaining it, fixing it, or having to potentially find yourself WITHOUT a spare tire when you dont have it. As for exclusivity, the F is fresh- its new, meaning there aren't too many of them. its a nice feeling when people get whiplash just to try to see what car you're riding in when they give off that "WOW" look on their faces. mix that in with the incredible exhaust note, the looks, and feel of a Lexus luxury performing car, and you have one sexy ride! and it should be well noting that theres no gas guzzler with the F; the M has one. saves a pretty penny that can go towards the gfk! gas economy favors the F, but if you want a car to zip around in on weekends, the M3 does the job, but i wouldnt choose it for an everyday, practical use.
Old 03-04-10, 10:34 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Get the M3........
Old 03-04-10, 10:51 AM
verals05
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't buy an M3 unless it was a 6 speed, just read the bimmer forums. They are filled with headaches with that DCT tranny.

F - Great reliability and better for the long term
M - Great Track car and better for Mods.

Get which ever you like best!

I prefer my F, because its rarity and I need something that will last. This is my daily driver and I only want to go to the dealership for regular services.
Old 03-04-10, 10:53 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by malujerry
deja vu

why we would we have to convince you? you should know which one to get... test drive both - WRITE DOWN YOUR PROS AND CONS - you'll see what suits you better

we'll give you the expected answers, without much bashing like some other sites

1st - looks are subjective - pick whatever you like. i think many people here agree exterior M wins, interior F wins.

F>M:
reliability, exclusiveness, price, standard amenities, gas, maintenance (F is better no matter how equal you think the playing field is) (and forget the retarded bmw free maintenance program, many lexus dealership offer a low cost prepaid maintenance that still beat the price difference in most cases when i ask around)

M>F:
better track car, more aftermarket parts, and thousands more M guys who are trying to capture their essence
I'm not sure I've seen this consensus on the looks that you're referring to. I'd certainly acknowledge the I love the looks of the M3 coupe, and would even say I like it better than the F. But personally, I think the M3 sedan looks like *** which was one of the several reasons I didn't choose it.

I agree with pretty much everything else you've said....especially regarding this discussion on the BMW forums. If you can get over the "M3 drivers are *****" stigma then have at her.
Old 03-04-10, 12:25 PM
carlosg
Driver

Test drive them both and be truth full with yourself on your needs and use to be given to the car, remember none of us will be paying your lease.
Get the one that you enjoy more driving.
Old 03-04-10, 12:28 PM
Edz71
Rookie

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
+1 malujerry! the M is a better track car and theres a plethora of aftermarket vendors and parts for it, but the F is stress-free IMO. no need to worry about maintaining it, fixing it, or having to potentially find yourself WITHOUT a spare tire when you dont have it. As for exclusivity, the F is fresh- its new, meaning there aren't too many of them. its a nice feeling when people get whiplash just to try to see what car you're riding in when they give off that "WOW" look on their faces. mix that in with the incredible exhaust note, the looks, and feel of a Lexus luxury performing car, and you have one sexy ride! and it should be well noting that theres no gas guzzler with the F; the M has one. saves a pretty penny that can go towards the gfk! gas economy favors the F, but if you want a car to zip around in on weekends, the M3 does the job, but i wouldnt choose it for an everyday, practical use.
You Sir are a wise man !!! Well put.
Old 03-04-10, 05:42 PM
BigA_IS-F
Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nd-e92-m3.html

Here is a post i made and see what you think!? More track M more street F.
Old 03-04-10, 05:45 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

get the m3
Old 03-04-10, 05:47 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

It al comes down to LEASING or PURCHASING. If you're leasing, get the M. If you're buying get the F. German car components are designed to fail around 50-55k miles...seriously, they are.

Quick Reply: Convince me to get an ISF over the E92 M3