Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats bro....LET THE WAIT BEGIN
Old 03-13-10, 05:12 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jctheplaya
hey tony, pm answered btw
James, Yeh.. i saw your pm... i ended up getting the diffuser first... if you have it next month i'll take if off your hands

Originally Posted by niteLEX
hey n0th1ng.....look at you, now back to me, now back to you, now back to meee....im 23 also and what the hell!!!! ......I'm on a 250! ughhh
I'm sorry... ill be more grateful from now on.. :P
Old 03-13-10, 06:43 PM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

Im pretty sure the TOMS TC is still going to be here, not really going out there to try and sell it, pm me, still have couple things to sell...

Thank PC...oh man im waiting...

Also...update...from the dealership: they called me today telling me that they have been speaking with the north american region manager who handles all the cars that comes into the US, and there are currently only 5-2011 GTR's made right now and they should be coming into the US very soon. 2 of the 5 is the color that i want white with black interior, so since the dealerships hes at sold quite a few he is trying to grab one of those white one for me, so he said hopefully within a month to a month and a half
Old 03-13-10, 10:11 PM
A03
Driver School Candidate

thanks everyone.

Eric, unfortunately I would love to sell it to get some more money to pay for the GTR, but the thing is if I even try to attempt to take it off, it will crack then it already has been between the middle seam of the bottom and top half. So yeah it doesn't look good, so I am leaving it on. If I attempt to pry it, it def will crack so I am just leaving it on. Otherwise I would.

Also just recently saw this, this kid is so *****ed from false claims on his damaged GTR.

Files a claim saying his sister crashed the car, later withdraws the claim, 3 months later files another claim saying that he crashed the car. Then insurance are skeptical they found a youtube video of the same car crashed of how it actually happened. Now they might be facing up to 7 years in prison. They deserve what they got...

youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHZKiWIBXIY

news video
http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=129941@kcbs.dayport.com
Stupid fu**in a**hole!! I hope he gets serious jail time!
Most young kids are dying to have this car and most won't even see it in their life time..I'm 32 now currently saving for one or something else but likely .75% chance it will be GT-R!!
Real Disgrace to Asian race in general! I'm Korean BTW!!
Old 03-13-10, 10:26 PM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

^^^ lolol. dude deserves it.
Old 03-13-10, 11:16 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Im pretty sure the TOMS TC is still going to be here, not really going out there to try and sell it, pm me, still have couple things to sell...
Ok.. i'll let u know in like 15 days. lol
Old 03-14-10, 05:09 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo_dreams
Congrats on the purchase man, i'm 19, and looking for a good field of study to go into, any suggestions w. a fleet like that? =)
Man i just turned 22 and purchased my F...I am finishing up with electrical engineering and do circuit design for pivate sector....if i can tell you anything do WHAT YOU LIKE and dont flip flop change to what others do..only way you will be successful ya know....but, thats tight for him getting a GTR lol I have a friend 19, an electrical engineer at HP, as well with a gallardo and M6..hard work pays of
Old 03-14-10, 10:16 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,410 Posts

So first, the cursing needs to end in this thread. Second, if we can't discuss buying a GTR but need to focus on other unrelated stuff, we can close this thread pretty quickly. I've not seen much in the last two pages related to the original post. Surely the idiot racing an EVO is completely unrelated. It might be interesting from a "don't be stupid" perspective, but it really has nothing to do with buying a GTR.

So, let's focus on the test drive and buying the car or we'll need to end it abruptly. Got it?
Old 03-15-10, 09:03 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

As hard as I try I just can not get behind the looks of the GT-R, and it is really too bad for me because the car has features I would like to have in my next performance car. Great performance and dual clutch technology with their paddle shift automatic. If only I could get used to the fugly looks. Who knows maybe a redesign in a few years and I too may go the way of the GT-R, but for now I'm waiting to see what the C7 Vette looks like in the fall of 2011, and the redesign of the IS-F around that same time period. As far as the F I really hope the bring out a coupe, and put it on a diet.

Last edited by hwy1isf; 03-15-10 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-15-10, 02:09 PM
mrduck
Driver School Candidate

I was going to buy the gtr. too expensive on maitenance and not too reliable.
brake job is 8k for all four, tranny is 24k if you abuse it no warranty. tranny fluid is 1k. The car will leave stranded because the key fob won't recognize the car. loud clicking sound when you turn to hard, and they still haven't figured out why? No spare only run flats tires only at about 500 each! If Im going to spend that much on maitenance might as well buy a ferrari. The up side is there are a lot of aftermarket parts.

Good luck,
Old 03-15-10, 05:19 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mrduck
brake job is 8k for all four, tranny is 24k if you abuse it no warranty. tranny fluid is 1k. The car will leave stranded because the key fob won't recognize the car. loud clicking sound when you turn to hard, and they still haven't figured out why? No spare only run flats tires only at about 500 each! If Im going to spend that much on maitenance might as well buy a ferrari. The up side is there are a lot of aftermarket parts.

Good luck,

LOL another person who heard all this from the internet. A brake job is not 8k, the trans has warranty (Nissan changed the policy on it) and Trans fluid is not 1k. Tires are not 500 each(do a quick search at tirerack.com). None of the stuff you have said is true except the stuff about aftermarket parts and no spare tire.

To date My GTR has been cheaper to maintain than my ISF and has had zero issues. It has been one of the most enjoyable cars to drive I have ever owned and even more so than a few ferrari's i have had the luck to drive. Yes thats right no clicking sound when you turn it, no problems recognizing the key fob etc.....Seems like you were too scared by all your mis-information obtained on the internet by maybe 1 or 2 whinny owners. Shame you couldnt see past that.

The Haterade runs strong in your family(I say in my yoda voice)

Last edited by kickhard; 03-16-10 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-15-10, 06:33 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

^ what he said...but my brakes squeak! LoL...I think I need to get a new clip or something...
Old 03-15-10, 09:55 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

how much oil does godzilla drink up?
Old 03-16-10, 07:02 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mrduck

Good luck,
^ rough translation- I really couldnt pay to play

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
^ what he said...but my brakes squeak! LoL...I think I need to get a new clip or something...
LOL at least a front clip and maybe a whole clip

Originally Posted by malujerry
how much oil does godzilla drink up?
LOL it depends how fast you drive it. Really its that simple but on a recent fill up the computer said I avg 18mpg and that is pretty much all city driving with alot of 1st 2nd 3rd gear pulls and a few runs at high speed for a sustianed time(at no time did i exceed the speed limit ) and the car is pushing over about 530awhp. Fun Fun