Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

$50 Ticket for 6k HID headlights??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-10, 07:31 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't act surprised! these types of tickets generate revenue, not arresting people for major crime - that produces other type revenue that probably should be discussed in the debate or clubhouse forum.

bottom line, anything beyond OEM lights are often blinding to others or it is so dark it provides decreased visibility. i used to run 6k in my cars years ago and got flashed by other drivers and now i immediately know when other are running non-stock headlights - especially in the non-projector type housing. doesn't matter if it the $50 ebay ones or $300 designer ones, they look aftermarket, ricey, and irritates other drivers.

if anyone speeds, has dark tints, refuse to mount a front license plates, etc should be prepared to pay for it when they get caught, and you will eventually get caught. i do all those things, so don't think i'm saying i'm perfect or something.
Old 03-19-10, 07:33 AM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
Bro,, looking at your signature your car can get into alot of trouble with the authorities if they wanna be a *****,,, believe it or not,, even led interior lights can get a ticket!!! dont ask me why.... but my buddy got pulled over for having flourescent footlights... your exhaust can get you a ticket,, your smoked this and/or that can get you a ticket, even if your car is lowered enough,, it can get you a ticket... What happened to free country??? Go to court and the judge is supposed to be "neutral" Hahahaha, bs on that,,, tell me the judge and the cop are not on the same side,,, they were probably in the backroom sipping on coffee and eating donuts kidding and joking around saying,, oh that dumbass up front thinks hes getting away with this ticket...
lol i know.. ive got some stuff that i can get ticket... but like LED interior lights only turn on when the car door is open (connected to doorlights). smoked tails they are lightly smoke so i hope i dont get pulled over for it (knock on wood)... i know exhaust was the problem but FOG LIGHTS??? U KIDDIN ME??!! lol
Old 03-19-10, 07:52 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive gotten tickets twice in a month by the same pigs for no front plates. Just last week I was driving, and the SAME cops pull out of their hiding place and get behind me, and turn their lights on me... I pull over and as soon as I do, they quickly leave! I guess they got the message.. IM NOT putting the front plates on!
Old 03-19-10, 08:42 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this knitpicking that cops are doing is just to offset a budget deficit.. Sucks !
Old 03-19-10, 09:00 AM
thechosun
Driver

the reason the 6000k's and up are not legal are because its harder for the eyes to see bluer light at night. it actually strains your eyes and makes your night time vision worse. the closer to red/yellow(4300K) light the easier it is for your eyes to distinguish on a dark surface. when you are driving at night and you see blue light, it takes longer for your eyes to readjust as opposed to seeing a yellow light.

the best way to get "blue" lights and stay within the rules of the law are to do the color mod(add washers/spacers to your projectors), which makes your beam cutoff blue, which from an onlookers perspective will make your entire light look blue from certain angles.

im not saying i do or follow any of the things ive just said...just lettin yall know why. i myself run 8000K's ! lol.

i guess it just depends on how in debt your local police department is...new jersey must not be doin so hot to be throwin tickets left and right.
Old 03-19-10, 09:13 AM
ac921ol
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cm09578
So tonight a cop gives me a ticket because he says my lights are blue? I have been running these for over a year with zero problems. They are not close to being blue??....lol, what is wrong with people?? Cop just mad I get to drive an ISF and he works night shift I guess!
just a heads up to DMV people, this was on one of the bike forums im on.

Virginia Hands Out 6996 Traffic Tickets In One Weekend In An Effort To Raise Revenue For The State Government
Old 03-19-10, 09:22 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

ALL State Governments need money right now...

So if they can give a ticket, they will give the ticket.

I have a $446 ticket sitting right next to my keyboard right now...

Jz
Old 03-19-10, 09:26 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Originally Posted by cm09578
I told them they were stock and he said I was lying and he would take me to jail if I didn't fess up....lol.
That is unbelievable. I would freak. I got pulled over the other day for being on my cell phone...I never do it but I was out grabbing lunch and I left my headset back at the office...the a-hole cop told me that "maybe next time I should spring for the Bluetooth instead of such 'flashy' wheels"...(F-Sport's). I laughed, signed the fix it ticket for my address not being current and went on my way. Luckily he did take mercy on me, but it was unacceptable nonetheless. Cops can pretty much do whatever they want, but placing you under arrest for not being up front about your headlights being stock is just laughable. I would fight it. Everyone is right...they are really hurting for money right now. I got a ticket back in October last year for doing 59 in a 55! I couldn't believe it...needless to say I'll be fighting it to the death.
Old 03-19-10, 09:30 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

wow i am so surprised that you got pulled over for your 6k hid and your exhaust. i am running 10k HID on my headlight right now with quad exhaust, no problem so far.
Old 03-19-10, 09:30 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Jz
Geez...$466 for what??? Highest I've had is $368.
Old 03-19-10, 09:35 AM
DONT SLEEP
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn 6k lights is like factory.. if yours are blue you might have 8k. I'm in MD too and have had 6k for the longest time and have had no problems. I guess it's because you have an ISF.. lol
Old 03-19-10, 09:40 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by malujerry
don't act surprised! these types of tickets generate revenue, not arresting people for major crime - that produces other type revenue that probably should be discussed in the debate or clubhouse forum.

bottom line, anything beyond OEM lights are often blinding to others or it is so dark it provides decreased visibility. i used to run 6k in my cars years ago and got flashed by other drivers and now i immediately know when other are running non-stock headlights - especially in the non-projector type housing. doesn't matter if it the $50 ebay ones or $300 designer ones, they look aftermarket, ricey, and irritates other drivers.

if anyone speeds, has dark tints, refuse to mount a front license plates, etc should be prepared to pay for it when they get caught, and you will eventually get caught. i do all those things, so don't think i'm saying i'm perfect or something.
Listen to this man, and stop justifying your hyper blue/ice white/diamond crystal kelvin obsession.

Anything, I repeat anything above 4300k is aftermarket and therefore illegal. It's the risk you take when you play roulette!

Now imagine if the cop had seen this flickering at him!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...ml#post5326809
Old 03-19-10, 10:01 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Nice to see the law enforcement personnel upholding their pledge to serve and protect.
Old 03-19-10, 12:19 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thechosun
the reason the 6000k's and up are not legal are because its harder for the eyes to see bluer light at night. it actually strains your eyes and makes your night time vision worse. the closer to red/yellow(4300K) light the easier it is for your eyes to distinguish on a dark surface. when you are driving at night and you see blue light, it takes longer for your eyes to readjust as opposed to seeing a yellow light.

the best way to get "blue" lights and stay within the rules of the law are to do the color mod(add washers/spacers to your projectors), which makes your beam cutoff blue, which from an onlookers perspective will make your entire light look blue from certain angles.

im not saying i do or follow any of the things ive just said...just lettin yall know why. i myself run 8000K's ! lol.

i guess it just depends on how in debt your local police department is...new jersey must not be doin so hot to be throwin tickets left and right.
Does this mean I have every freekin right to have 3000k hid top and bottom put on without the authorities harassing me??? yellow shouldnt be a prob then.... Man,, like other members say,, these damn cops are just finding every stupid excuse to ticket ppl to generate revenue.... Its BS if you ask me... sorta feel like we are going back to the 70s and 80s.... back when cops did whatever they wanted and whenever they wanted..
Old 03-19-10, 12:20 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Jz
+1. I just paid off a ticket myself. I think Cali is especially desperate though.

On another note, I do think the car has something to do with it. I put about 10x more mileage on my beater and I haven't gotten a ticket in 3 years. But within 1 year I got 2 tickets on my F. Coincidence? I drive pretty conservatively for both cars.

Quick Reply: $50 Ticket for 6k HID headlights??