IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F with the new Vossen option!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-10 | 11:35 AM
carlosg
Driver

Originally Posted by houstonT
I just got off the phone with Vossen...I'm pretty disappointed by what I heard. I was told:

These wheels don't work on the ISF. I don't even know why they posted them online. They will rub in the rear and there is not enough pad in the rear to do a less aggresive offset. I would not recommend them for the ISF...

Soooooooo, there you go, straight from Vossen...

Peter
That's some bad news as I was about to get them after the 15 of april
Old 04-08-10 | 11:50 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Juanca
^^^ You're right Peter, by the angle of those spokes in the rear wheel you can see that there is no padding left for changing the offset, maybe that's why BBS did it the way it is in our OEM wheels. More pad means an angle closer to 90 degrees, basically OEM looking.

Splat, did Vossen use spacers for the photoshoot?
I watched Jav put them on him self in front of me to see if everything cleared and fit. It cleared the calipers and they took it out for a photo shoot. He told me to post up as they were being launched and ready to sell.
Old 04-08-10 | 11:56 AM
carlosg
Driver

Originally Posted by Splat
I watched Jav put them on him self in front of me to see if everything cleared and fit. It cleared the calipers and they took it out for a photo shoot. He told me to post up as they were being launched and ready to sell.
It would be nice for Vossen to clarify this
Old 04-08-10 | 12:22 PM
isbeater
Driver

Originally Posted by carlosg
It would be nice for Vossen to clarify this
Yes - especially since I ordered them already and the dealer was told there was a special ISF fitment...
Old 04-08-10 | 12:25 PM
isbeater
Driver

Are your fenders rolled or shaved?
Old 04-08-10 | 12:47 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Nice looking wheels......damn that concave at the back is crazy looking.
Old 04-08-10 | 03:36 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by isbeater
Are your fenders rolled or shaved?
nope not at all.
Old 04-09-10 | 06:24 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

I can only go by what I was told directly by Vossen when I called them. In either case, the wheels stick out past the fenders in the rear, that is unacceptable.
Peter
Old 04-09-10 | 06:50 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by houstonT
I can only go by what I was told directly by Vossen when I called them. In either case, the wheels stick out past the fenders in the rear, that is unacceptable.
Peter
Sounds like you talked to someone who was misinformed. And great thats your opinion. I didnt purchase them, i let them use my car for the fit and finish they were looking for and also a photoshoot. I personally love the look and think they look great. To each there own (you could be a hella flush and i wont complain).
Old 04-09-10 | 08:24 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Splat, first of all, no need to get your feelings hurt, it's not personal. As a matter of fact, I was calling Vossen to purchase these wheels on the premise that the offset could be taken in. I was taken aback when the person that answered the phones at Vossen told me these things. As for the offset, wheels NEVER look good sticking out past the body of the car and when the manufacturer specifically tells you "they are not made for the ISF and don't fit right", that raises concerns. If they would come online and address these issues, that would solve a lot of questions that people (including myself) now have.

Now relax, don't get too stressed about the fact that Vossen said what they said...don't get stressed about the fact that the rear wheels stick out past the fenders...and let's see if they respond here. I would love for the person who answered the phone to come online and respond.

Peter

Sounds like you talked to someone who was misinformed. And great thats your opinion. I didnt purchase them, i let them use my car for the fit and finish they were looking for and also a photoshoot. I personally love the look and think they look great. To each there own (you could be a hella flush and i wont complain).
Old 04-09-10 | 08:39 AM
LexFather

So can we verify that these wheels do indeed fit with no modifications or were they solely used for a photoshoot.

Thanks
Old 04-09-10 | 08:43 AM
carlosg
Driver

That, the $1,000,000.00 question and can only be answered by Vossen.
Old 04-09-10 | 09:00 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

Carlosg,
wasnt really butt hurt more like sounds like two sub-contractors arent talking on the same page to people. Jav is the man at Vossen and all i can go buy is what he told me. I only let them use the car for the shoot, but i can say that the rims fit on the car as is no issues.

Last edited by Splat; 04-09-10 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-09-10 | 02:29 PM
isbeater
Driver

I'm told I will recieve mine very soon (from my dealer), i'll post pics, give it a hard run around the corners and provide the feedback on the fitment etc.

Hopefully that will help us out
Old 04-09-10 | 08:56 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

They deff. look hawt and agressive, but from the pics and the way they stick out past the fender it looks like they will rub...

But either way.... looks good =)

Quick Reply: IS-F with the new Vossen option!