IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ever find yourself defending the IS F on other forums?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-10, 10:40 AM
madoka
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever find yourself defending the IS F on other forums?

I am sometimes surprised at how much hatred there is towards the IS F. For example, right now there is a thread on a different website complaining about how the F is a "girl's car." On German car forums, people dismiss it as an overpriced Toyota and call it the IS FAIL. I remember arguing with Cayman owners about some guy who claimed to have blown the doors off an F. I own both cars and I know that just would not happen.

Do you find yourself defending the F in other car forums?
Old 04-12-10, 10:48 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

U shouldn't have to defend it, if they r educated and know anything about it
it speaks for itself
Old 04-12-10, 10:57 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

What other car forums......

I only surf 3... They are all & only Lexus related...

I have owned Lexus since 2000 and its never left me on the side of the road broken down.

Joe Z
Old 04-12-10, 11:25 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Hey can you post a comparison between your Cayman S and the F? I know I know it's Apples and Oranges, but just for fun. I love the Cayman S and once considered it before I got the F, but it ended up being really pricey with all the options I wanted.
Old 04-12-10, 11:41 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Its honestly not worth the time to put real effort into defending any car, IMO, at least online. Each and every car forum I've been on, posses a group of owners who do what you describe. You'll find most of them are brand fanatics, and not actual car enthusiast.

As with anything else, most of these people have next to no experience with said vehicle, while even less have experience actually running theirs. Most would be humbled rather quickly by even economy vehicles, under the piloting of a dedicated driver (off the street). For that reason, you learn to respect a bit more than the brand and paper-performance figures. I have way more to learn as a driver, myself, before I'd claim any car in this performance category 'fails'.
Old 04-12-10, 11:46 AM
wtf
Driver School Candidate

Default isf

I live in socal, and in my neighborhood the bmw would be considered more of a girls car than an isf. Most women I talk to don't even know what an isf is, same as when I had my evo. When you tell them you drive an evo the response is usually, so you drive an electric car? Or evo what does that stand for?
Old 04-12-10, 12:06 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as you're happy with the F, that's all that matters! There will always be faster cars out there unless you're in a Bugatti and own an F1 team the F is a great car but it won't appeal to everyone, as long as you enjoy it
Old 04-12-10, 12:25 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

those who feel they need to degrade the F so that they can justify their purchasing another vehicle are really pathetic. no car is better than another- its all a matter of personal preference and style. but i will say this, i was roaming through the bimmer forums (my sis and mom were debating on a 1 series but decided to go with a corolla) and they do like the stir things up....of course in favor of their own rides. thats the great thing with CL, it doesnt seem to be a lot of bickering and "my car is better than yours" sort of talk. facts are facts. certain cars are going to perform much better than others. does it mean that one car is better? does it give a person the right to bash another person for the car they rightfully are able to choose? not at all, but some feel it can boast their ego to bash other cars, which is sad and unnecessary.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
What other car forums......

I only surf 3... They are all & only Lexus related...

I have owned Lexus since 2000 and its never left me on the side of the road broken down.

Joe Z
Right on, bro!!!
Old 04-12-10, 12:34 PM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

I don't surf other car forums so never had to defend the F. However, I do try to find youtube videos of our car and do see a lot of people insulting the F.
Old 04-12-10, 12:54 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

But most people on youtube just dont get it lol.
Originally Posted by OutCaster
I don't surf other car forums so never had to defend the F. However, I do try to find youtube videos of our car and do see a lot of people insulting the F.
Old 04-12-10, 12:56 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't because frankly I bought it not because of other people's opinions but because it came out the best car for me after carefully and deliberately evaluating my choices (Lex and BMW).

I'm happy because it has met my expectations and as the others guys have said all that really matters is that you are happy with it.
Old 04-12-10, 01:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,050 Likes on 2,455 Posts

What's to defend? I'm perfectly happy with my car and don't need someone else's approval to validate I spent my money well.
Old 04-12-10, 01:54 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
What's to defend? I'm perfectly happy with my car and don't need someone else's approval to validate I spent my money well.
very well put lobuxracer! the only factor that goes into one's purchase is how one feels about the car. i guess people feel they need to defend their decision for some reason, and by bringing down others' car purchases- it makes it seem that their car is glorified. its all a matter of personal preference
Old 04-12-10, 02:14 PM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Best defense is offense, lets flood other car forums with how great the F is!!

... I kidd I kidd
Old 04-12-10, 04:58 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, they bought what they wanted as did I. That's what freedom is all about.

Which is why I hate all of the "convince me to buy XYZ vs. ABC" threads. We are all adults, do your home work and make an informed decision. Some guy on a forum that I never met should not be the deciding factor on whether I spend $65K on one car or another.

Last edited by N54MPower; 04-12-10 at 05:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Ever find yourself defending the IS F on other forums?