IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone else get a call from the dealer on gas pedal recall?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-10, 12:41 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdsbrain
I asked if they did that and they said they did. I'll add in the Recall # .

Although I hold everything they do with a grain of salt.
As you should, because that rework is for the ES350 I think.
Old 05-12-10, 12:24 AM
crazee201
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the F back today, the only work they did was replace the pedal and software. They didn't mention anything about the carpet.
Old 05-12-10, 11:01 PM
ballerx
Driver School Candidate

Same here. New Pedal and reflash but that's about it. I did reset the ECU as well when I got home and it run's much better and tranny seems to be smoother.
Old 05-15-10, 07:18 PM
zenbert
Driver

Default Lexus ISF 08 Recall

I took my car in for oil and brake fluid change today and discovered there was a recall on the gas pedal from the service adviser. All the work was done in a few hours. Here are some pics:

The new pedal (still has the plastic on) As explained, the pedal is shorter and sits lower than the original.

A flash was also done on the software. No details were provided.

Took the car on the road and drove it like I usually would. So far no discernible difference.
Old 05-15-10, 07:34 PM
ilocke
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...al-recall.html
Old 05-15-10, 07:53 PM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uh, yea:

1. Search is your friend
2. That would be the recall that no one wants done

Peter
Old 05-15-10, 08:19 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Welcome to last month!
Old 05-15-10, 09:00 PM
zenbert
Driver

Crap, I slept through the recall thread! sorry guys
Old 07-14-10, 01:57 PM
Reciprocal
Driver

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Govt-s...06816.html?x=0

Here it is, not officially "official" yet...but WSJ reports inside sources that no problems with throttle by wire have been found.

Citing anonymous sources, reported Tuesday that the government, NHTSA, NASA and National Academy of Sciences had analyzed dozens of event data recorders, or black boxes, in Toyota vehicles involved in crashes blamed on unintended acceleration and found the throttles were open and the brakes were not engaged. That would suggest the drivers were stepping on the gas pedal instead of the brakes.

Translation? 9LG fixes what ain't broke. What Toyota seems most guilty of is appealing to buyers who don't know the brake pedal from the gas pedal. Pretty pathetic, really. The government should give back to Toyota the $16.4M they fined them for slow response to the gas pedal recall.

Repeat..9LG, don't get this done. Take driver's ed instead.
Old 07-14-10, 04:07 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They could vacumn the carpet a little better there

Originally Posted by zenbert
I took my car in for oil and brake fluid change today and discovered there was a recall on the gas pedal from the service adviser. All the work was done in a few hours. Here are some pics:

The new pedal (still has the plastic on) As explained, the pedal is shorter and sits lower than the original.

A flash was also done on the software. No details were provided.

Took the car on the road and drove it like I usually would. So far no discernible difference.
Old 07-15-10, 12:30 AM
MicaISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Reciprocal
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Govt-s...06816.html?x=0

Here it is, not officially "official" yet...but WSJ reports inside sources that no problems with throttle by wire have been found.

Citing anonymous sources, reported Tuesday that the government, NHTSA, NASA and National Academy of Sciences had analyzed dozens of event data recorders, or black boxes, in Toyota vehicles involved in crashes blamed on unintended acceleration and found the throttles were open and the brakes were not engaged. That would suggest the drivers were stepping on the gas pedal instead of the brakes.

Translation? 9LG fixes what ain't broke. What Toyota seems most guilty of is appealing to buyers who don't know the brake pedal from the gas pedal. Pretty pathetic, really. The government should give back to Toyota the $16.4M they fined them for slow response to the gas pedal recall.

Repeat..9LG, don't get this done. Take driver's ed instead.
i believe the reporter was interviewd on NPR today. during the interview, he pointed out that 100% of the investigated cases involved driver error. billions spent for false accusation by a bunch of bad drivers.

i am glad i did not get the "fix."
Old 07-15-10, 10:29 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

No call yet.

Sport (gas) pedals are now plentiful at my dealership.

Last edited by IS-SV; 07-15-10 at 05:25 PM. Reason: update after visiting dealer on 07/15/10
Old 07-15-10, 06:25 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
I have to go to the dealer this weekend for my rev needle and touchscreen problems. Even though I haven't received the letter yet, do you guys think they'll proceed with the pedal and software updates? Can they do it without notifying me beforehand? I don't want this update, I guess I'll have to mention it during my visit to the dealer and state that I haven't been informed properly by Lexus yet, and I don't want the updates until I receive a formal notification, right?
I know im late on this but what dealer did u go to. I went to have my 30k service down at NM lexus and I got the car back with a short *** pedal. I was pissed but said screw it. I didnt feel confrontational that day.
Old 07-16-10, 07:21 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ I went to Lexus of North Miami. You should have been informed before getting the update done in your car, I'd complain.
Old 07-16-10, 06:58 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
^^^ I went to Lexus of North Miami. You should have been informed before getting the update done in your car, I'd complain.
What could I gain from complaining? I havent had any other issues with the service dept but that.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get a call from the dealer on gas pedal recall?