IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Joined the Joe Z clan

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-10, 07:22 PM
carlosg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joined the Joe Z clan

I just installed the Joe Z exhaust this afternoon and I must say that I was very impressed with fit and finish as well as fitment. I have installed different aftermarket exhaust made by big tuners on my other cars and they will always needed some kind of adjustment but Joe's exhaust fitted like a glove. I had his intake tube in black and was able to sell it and got the blue one which matches my car color. Only concern is that kind of loud but I will wait as I have read that it mellows down. I'll post pics later cuz It has been raining over here and the F is dirty. one last comment I just burned 1/4 tank on my way home just doing down shifting and up shifting just to hear the engine note.
Old 04-22-10, 08:07 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

congrats carlos! at first, i was worried that it might be too loud cuz of the cops, but now i just want it to remain as resonant as when i first started her up. its an intoxicating sound, thats for sure do post pics of the ride soon!
Old 04-22-10, 08:44 PM
zenbert
Driver

welcome to the club carlosg! (sounds like a pregnancy thing )

give it ~300 miles for the exhaust to break in. after ~500+ miles it'll sound heavenly...
Old 04-22-10, 08:55 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you feel about the vibration of the exhaust? Does the inside cabin noise drone/vibration bother you while accelerating? Just installed the exhust on my ISF and the fiancé is not happy.
Old 04-22-10, 08:59 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice... congrats on your new mod
you cant go wrong with JZ's product
Old 04-22-10, 09:07 PM
zenbert
Driver

Originally Posted by MKIV98TT
How do you feel about the vibration of the exhaust? Does the inside cabin noise drone/vibration bother you while accelerating? Just installed the exhust on my ISF and the fiancé is not happy.
break in the exhaust bud. what kind of intake are you running? check out the intake air flow--filter, MAF and consider ECU reset as a suggestion...

my case the exhaust calmed a bit after ~300 miles and after ~500 it is heavenly, deep and low pitched rumble--getting a lot of thumbs up from other drivers on the streets. my wife refused to ride in the car until the loudness calmed down...
Old 04-22-10, 09:09 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zenbert
break in the exhaust bud. what kind of intake are you running? check out the intake air flow--filter, MAF and consider ECU reset as a suggestion...

my case the exhaust calmed a bit after ~300 miles and after ~500 it is heavenly, deep and low pitched rumble--getting a lot of thumbs up from other drivers on the streets. my wife refused to ride in the car until the loudness calmed down...

Thanks for the advice zenbert!
Old 04-22-10, 09:12 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zenbert

I've got the joez intake pipe, but still need to pick up the toms filter. It's like finding a needle in a haystack! Will that help along with an ecu reset?
Old 04-22-10, 10:33 PM
zenbert
Driver

I've got the joez intake pipe, but still need to pick up the toms filter. It's like finding a needle in a haystack! Will that help along with an ecu reset?
i don't have experience with tom's filter but know several forum members use them. i received a suggestion to clean the MAF to get the MAF to calibrate the right air/fuel but don't believe cleaning MAF will necessarily improve/reduce the loudness--just to address the grease from the oil filter and other debris in the air.

what i observed is higher air flow from intake will make the loudness more pronounced. to that point, i don't think the AFE dry filter i'm using is necessarily reducing airflow compare to the AFE oil filter. the construction is identical except the dry filter uses cotton. what i believe is the exhaust is simply more broken in now, so the pitch is now the low growl vs. the drone. if you decide to go with the stock filter awhile, it may reduce the loudness a bit due to lower air flow. the ECU reset would force a recalibrate on the air intake, so it's essential if you change the intake airflow.

more knowledgeable forum members can chime in

Last edited by zenbert; 04-22-10 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-22-10, 11:50 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Very nice! Joe Z exhaust is a very good choice.

Any pics of your ISF at Puerto Rican landmarks?
Old 04-23-10, 05:20 AM
carlosg
Driver

I'll soon post pics.
Old 04-23-10, 05:21 AM
carlosg
Driver

I bought mine from e-bay through a seller from England cost me less that in the US even with shipment
Old 04-23-10, 08:27 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Congrats welcome to the JoeZ club.
Old 04-23-10, 08:44 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats and welcome, glad you're liking it
Old 04-23-10, 09:42 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

lol... yea that's one of the primary reasons why I didn't get one. The sound and power increase is amazing (I drove an F that had it), but I can't live with it day-to-day, especially when I want to enjoy a quiet cruise with the wifey. If there is a quiet exhaust out there that can still deliver the power gains, then I'd be very interested.

Quick Reply: Joined the Joe Z clan