IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Photoshoot with new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-10, 09:31 AM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saw your pics on workwheelsusa.com last week...they look good. You def need to drop the car a bit more IMO Love the finish PLUS they are WorK wheels need anyone say more? Congrats! Btw u need a front lip too
Old 05-04-10, 03:54 PM
anson89
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gs2isf
saw your pics on workwheelsusa.com last week...they look good. You def need to drop the car a bit more IMO Love the finish PLUS they are WorK wheels need anyone say more? Congrats! Btw u need a front lip too
Hahaha! Yeah everyone's telling me to drop it. I have some people telling me to leave it as is because of that aggressive stance?

I'm rubbing like crap up front so I'm not sure about dropping yet, and I have a very steep driveway so dropping + new lip is big NO for me! Although the AC front lip does look good!
Old 05-04-10, 04:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexneffect
Wheels are ok but a bit too dark - notice how in your moving picture it almost gets washed out and disappears....? (shows no definition in the wheel)

Definitely needs a drop and those smoked tails are *no comment*

If you are going to use black wheels on a car you need much more done to it to pull it off or otherwise just looks like a stock car with overly aggressive wheels. Black wheels tend to give the car a more tuner look whereas if you got standard silver wheels, a stock body is fine. Just my 2 cents...
Finally...someone who feels the same way about blacked out wheels. Without a contrasting color, they appear to disappear. It's not logical to spend big bucks on wheels/tires just to have them disappear.
We want our custom shoes to stand out....I thought. Just don't get it.
Put a blue stripe around the lip. That will help.
Old 05-04-10, 08:54 PM
anson89
Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
Finally...someone who feels the same way about blacked out wheels. Without a contrasting color, they appear to disappear. It's not logical to spend big bucks on wheels/tires just to have them disappear.
We want our custom shoes to stand out....I thought. Just don't get it.
Put a blue stripe around the lip. That will help.
Well, I think it's all about personal preference I like my cars to look a little meaner and aggressive. Besides, the IS-F is a performance car and it has that "I'm ready to kick some a**" look, so putting on blinging shoes makes it look like Paris Hilton!

As for the blue lip, I did think about it but it's kinda overplayed or a little "ricer".
Old 05-05-10, 03:54 PM
VSL-F
Driver

I think you did a great job. It looks great!!
Old 05-09-10, 07:42 AM
dcentric
Driver

Originally Posted by anson89
Well, I think it's all about personal preference I like my cars to look a little meaner and aggressive. Besides, the IS-F is a performance car and it has that "I'm ready to kick some a**" look, so putting on blinging shoes makes it look like Paris Hilton!

As for the blue lip, I did think about it but it's kinda overplayed or a little "ricer".
definitely "ricer" looking—and i'm asian too.