IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Tuning Options.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-10, 07:14 AM
sickISF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Options.

What tuning program is used to tune our cars?
Old 05-05-10, 07:26 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

None (damn 10 characters).
Old 05-05-10, 07:27 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

What program do you use to search?
Old 05-05-10, 07:40 AM
familycar
Rookie

i think it's "new topic" hahaha
Old 05-05-10, 12:44 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing at the moment.

Last edited by LexISguy; 05-06-10 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-05-10, 05:04 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Icode has some kind of ECU tuning but I dont know if it works on USDM cars and have no info on gains or anything like that all I know is its $$$$

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/turuta_s_...4/44775733.JPG
Old 05-05-10, 10:07 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by sickISF
What tuning program is used to tune our cars?
Encrypted Toyota ECM programming. All proprietary of course.
Old 05-06-10, 07:20 AM
wtf
Driver School Candidate

Default tuning

that sux, with evos we had ecuflash for reflashing the computer and evoscan for logging.

I know it's just a piggyback, but on "my.is" there is a thread where the guy used a map ecu2 to tune a twin turbocharged is-f.
Old 05-06-10, 07:51 AM
familycar
Rookie

i think it's just because there's not a huge market. they unlocked the gtr ecu in like a month, i'm sure if the right shop got wind of the market for this, the ecu would be cracked in a week. i haven't looked alot into it yet, but also you could wire in your own stand alone if you where hardcore. also simple reflashes have got to be very possible. there's a **** ton of options if you're serious about doin it
Old 05-06-10, 08:39 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,062 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Originally Posted by familycar
i think it's just because there's not a huge market. they unlocked the gtr ecu in like a month, i'm sure if the right shop got wind of the market for this, the ecu would be cracked in a week. i haven't looked alot into it yet, but also you could wire in your own stand alone if you where hardcore. also simple reflashes have got to be very possible. there's a **** ton of options if you're serious about doin it
Umm. No. I know some very talented people in this industry. The demand isn't the problem, Toyota's architecture and specific use of technology are the problem. The best anyone has ever been able to do with a stock Toyota ECM is install a daughterboard with external EPROM to change fuel and timing maps, eliminate speed limiters and boost limiters. The only way someone is going to get direct access to Toyota's engine management code is through a disgruntled Lotus employee or a scanning electron microscope.
Old 05-06-10, 11:09 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by infinus
Icode has some kind of ECU tuning but I dont know if it works on USDM cars and have no info on gains or anything like that all I know is its $$$$

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/turuta_s_...4/44775733.JPG
I've heard of this as well, but like you said there is no information available. Perhaps the ecu will never be cracked.
Old 05-06-10, 12:01 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Umm. No. I know some very talented people in this industry. The demand isn't the problem, Toyota's architecture and specific use of technology are the problem. The best anyone has ever been able to do with a stock Toyota ECM is install a daughterboard with external EPROM to change fuel and timing maps, eliminate speed limiters and boost limiters. The only way someone is going to get direct access to Toyota's engine management code is through a disgruntled Lotus employee or a scanning electron microscope.
i agree with this statement
we know some of the tuners in japan and we have talked to a few people in the know and no one has cracked the ECU yet...it's not because of the demand...there are several companies/people in japan that are trying hard to do so with little success...
Old 05-06-10, 01:04 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
lol so true
Old 05-06-10, 03:40 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what happend to MHP or something.. i remeber back that he did crack the ecu but chargin ridiculous amount money...
Old 05-06-10, 04:16 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

MHP is full of it. He claimed he cracked the ECU to get your money. 4k for a ecu/tcu tune only!! He tried the same crap over at the GTR forums. Promised all this stuff and didnt do squat. Only 1 or 2 people on this board got his tune and i dont know if it worked.

Honestly you guys are reaching for the stars with this ECU tuning. All this NA car may squeeze out is 10-20rwhp on a tune only. Only with headers, and a few other hard parts working together with a tune will this car see good gains.

Big power is only going to happen in the way of a turbo or supercharger

Quick Reply: Tuning Options.