IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ultrasonic blue owners, do you get too much attention?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-10, 07:47 PM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree with cdnrockies
best around
Old 05-08-10, 01:20 AM
zenbert
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't think USB attracts any more than yellow or red...

there's plenty of blue cars on the road these days. i think all the attention i get is becuz it's an ISF and not a USB. :-) cops do check out my car just like everyone else.
Old 05-08-10, 03:06 AM
Ekorre
Rookie

good deal then. thnk you gents
Old 05-08-10, 05:35 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

USB is a beautiful color, if the is350 came in that color id have it, my last vehicle was a tacoma in speedway blue, which is alot lighter of a color. So MRM it was, just because again, to me it is a beautiful color. Now what i really want is a MRM ISF with Alpine interior

eyecatching is the way you drive, not the color you drive, ive learned that with my friends getting tickets in white, grey, black, and beige cars. but im still safe with my red one
Old 05-08-10, 06:41 AM
conlaurant
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stick
I like UB, but I fail to see how it would attract the police......and I am the police......so please explain....

Ditto......plus I think the car has an expensive and mature look to it. The F could be bright orange and still would not attract me in a "motor vehicle violation" kind of way.
Old 05-08-10, 07:35 AM
wtf
Driver School Candidate

Default popo

Lol looking back at what I posted, I was pulled over for the first time in my is-f yesterday. As proof of it not being a high profile car, the cop did not ask me to pop the hood. I was pulled over for speeding too.

My car had no plates yet, but the cop made me pull the dealer sticker off the front windshield so he could get the information off of it.
Old 05-08-10, 07:51 AM
sickISF
Driver

I kinda like that Laguna Seca blue...but not sure if I like it more than my USB...
Old 05-08-10, 07:52 AM
sickISF
Driver

Originally Posted by wtf
Lol looking back at what I posted, I was pulled over for the first time in my is-f yesterday. As proof of it not being a high profile car, the cop did not ask me to pop the hood. I was pulled over for speeding too.

My car had no plates yet, but the cop made me pull the dealer sticker off the front windshield so he could get the information off of it.
California makes you pop your hood?!?!!?!?
Old 05-08-10, 08:46 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the color of my F I still get attention more so from the other import crowd or rice burners..lol slowing down or to get a better look and taking pictures. I think the USB is the best color on this vehicle it highlights all the curves well. The other colors just blend it with everyone else. For an OEM color its one of the best worldwide.
Old 05-08-10, 12:38 PM
Ekorre
Rookie

Originally Posted by conlaurant
Ditto......plus I think the car has an expensive and mature look to it. The F could be bright orange and still would not attract me in a "motor vehicle violation" kind of way.
its just a common stigma. I used to have a nogaro blue s4, I felt a slight increase in how quickly a cop would notice me. Say you're in a pack of cars on the highway, all going 10 over, CHP pulled me over, said that's a nice color. No ticket, but still, i think he would have chosen another car to bother if I was in good wood green or such.

That said, i agree with the posts. If you're not breaking the law, then you're not going to get pulled over. Ever since hitting 30, Ive sort of lost any desire to even speed. lol

has anyone noticed the ultrasonic blue's similarity to bayside blue on the R34? Is it a pretty close match?
Old 05-08-10, 03:09 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

USB color shows a bit of purple-ish in a shade and a classy blue in day light. It's an acquired taste kind a color

AverageJoe asked every now and the if USB was a customed color or starred at it like they want to hum on it.
Old 05-08-10, 05:11 PM
wtf
Driver School Candidate

Default popo

Yup, you don't even have to commit a moving violation to be pulled over. One time I was driving my daughters to their school in the morning on my daily routine.

cop was sitting at the red light as I made a left turn on a green arrow and passed by the front of his car. He turned on the christmas lights and had to make a U-turn on a red light in order to chase me down. I could see him coming so I didn't do any stupid moves. I just went my regular speed until he caught up to me, then I pulled the car over to the side of the road. There was no reason for him to pull me over. I had not committed any moving violation so I do not know why he decided to pull me over.

Without telling me why he pulled me over, he asked me to pop the hood. Btw, the car I was driving was an evo ix. After examining my engine bay, he came back to my driver's side window and asked me if I had a sticker for my intake. I said no, my intake is oem stock. I had to swear to god that it was a stock intake before he would believe me. He then told me my exhaust was illegal. Now, the exhaust I had on my car was called a stealth exhaust, called that way because it was designed to be low key, quiet and stock looking. So I know my exhaust wasn't the reason he pulled me over but he needed an excuse and that seems to be the default answer cops use in cali to tell import owners why they are being stopped.
Old 05-08-10, 06:06 PM
mrduck
Driver School Candidate

I have had mine for two months, no attention at all. When I drove my yellow
NSX I always got the thumbs up?
Old 05-09-10, 02:07 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Used to get a bit of attention but now it seems all the attention I get is from the birds who like to use my car as a toilet
Old 05-11-10, 08:09 PM
stick
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wtf
Yup, you don't even have to commit a moving violation to be pulled over. One time I was driving my daughters to their school in the morning on my daily routine.

cop was sitting at the red light as I made a left turn on a green arrow and passed by the front of his car. He turned on the christmas lights and had to make a U-turn on a red light in order to chase me down. I could see him coming so I didn't do any stupid moves. I just went my regular speed until he caught up to me, then I pulled the car over to the side of the road. There was no reason for him to pull me over. I had not committed any moving violation so I do not know why he decided to pull me over.

Without telling me why he pulled me over, he asked me to pop the hood. Btw, the car I was driving was an evo ix. After examining my engine bay, he came back to my driver's side window and asked me if I had a sticker for my intake. I said no, my intake is oem stock. I had to swear to god that it was a stock intake before he would believe me. He then told me my exhaust was illegal. Now, the exhaust I had on my car was called a stealth exhaust, called that way because it was designed to be low key, quiet and stock looking. So I know my exhaust wasn't the reason he pulled me over but he needed an excuse and that seems to be the default answer cops use in cali to tell import owners why they are being stopped.

That's not true. Cops can't/do not make you pop your hood for "no reason." That would be like cops randomly stopping people and making them open their trunks. In your case, there is probably more to it. If you drive an Evo, your intercooler is in view. It would be legal for him to stop you to see if you have ANY aftermarket engine and exhaust parts in your car for the following reasons: majority of cars to not come with FI, adding FI to a car is illegal in CA, most FI kits have an intercooler, the cop is not required to know which cars have OEM FI. The Evo comes with FI, so don't worry. I think there is also a sticker or plate in the engine bay of FI cars that states the car came with FI.

As for him not telling you why he stopped you, he does not have to tell you, but it is unprofessional for him not to state why.

Quick Reply: Ultrasonic blue owners, do you get too much attention?