IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

where to get a nitrous kit for our f's??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-10, 10:34 AM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by windex
I had a dry 100 shot on my IS350 with less safety precautions than a monkey with a hand grenade. Ive put 65+ bottles through it with a button spraying from the launch to the finish. The only problem I have ever had is 3rd gear slipped one time when I got on the freeway (not spraying). I went from a 13.7 to a 12.6 in the 1/4 and a 9.0 to a 7.9 in the 1/8th. I also achieved one of if not the fastest '60 times in the 2IS with a 1.7.
dam a 1.7 what were you using?? dr's or slicks??
Old 05-25-10, 02:17 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sweetbird
dam a 1.7 what were you using?? dr's or slicks??
I used Hankook ventus evo12 k110 FULL BLOWN street tires at a well prep'd track, I usually would get a low 1.8. Do keep in mind I would run with no seats, a gutted trunk, and spray out of the hole.
Old 05-25-10, 02:32 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Originally Posted by windex
I used Hankook ventus evo12 k110 FULL BLOWN street tires at a well prep'd track, I usually would get a low 1.8. Do keep in mind I would run with no seats, a gutted trunk, and spray out of the hole.

nice!!!! thats what im doing with my f when i go to the track with the nitrous! pulling seats and trunk ****! eveything i can!!! and putting some dr's on some 16inchers if i can find a set that will work with my bbk?
cant wait!
Old 05-26-10, 12:30 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

nice!!!! thats what im doing with my f when i go to the track with the nitrous! pulling seats and trunk ****! eveything i can!!! and putting some dr's on some 16inchers if i can find a set that will work with my bbk?
cant wait!
If you want to go with DR's you can go with 17's.
Old 05-26-10, 04:57 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you some pics i took this morning.
Your gonna have to go with 17's and slicks if you want to spray out the hole. Trust me lol. My 12.0 pass was with me not spraying 1st gear. And when i hit the N20 in the beginning of second the car spun. I drove it out and settled for the night
cant wait!
Old 05-26-10, 05:49 AM
sweetbird
Pole Position

what wheels to get? and mr slay what were your 60 foots?
Old 05-26-10, 06:18 AM
j8123
Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Sent you some pics i took this morning.
Your gonna have to go with 17's and slicks if you want to spray out the hole. Trust me lol. My 12.0 pass was with me not spraying 1st gear. And when i hit the N20 in the beginning of second the car spun. I drove it out and settled for the night
Thanks for sending over a couple of pics to me this morning also. Should be up and running by this weekend. Nice to have a person on the forums willing to help out. The pics will make it a lot easier for me installing this weekend. Should shave some time off the install for me. When I take a trip to Florida I owe you a few drinks on me.
Old 05-26-10, 10:01 AM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Originally Posted by j8123
Thanks for sending over a couple of pics to me this morning also. Should be up and running by this weekend. Nice to have a person on the forums willing to help out. The pics will make it a lot easier for me installing this weekend. Should shave some time off the install for me. When I take a trip to Florida I owe you a few drinks on me.
were at in tx are you?? im in irving right outside of dallas
Old 05-26-10, 11:13 AM
j8123
Driver

were at in tx are you?? im in irving right outside of dallas
I used to live in SA for a few years. Moved out of the area a year or so ago. I need to update my sig...lol I should be back in the Austin or SA area close to the end of this year.
Old 05-26-10, 01:18 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

I used to live in SA for a few years. Moved out of the area a year or so ago. I need to update my sig...lol I should be back in the Austin or SA area close to the end of this year.
COOL, what kit are you putting on your car?
Old 05-26-10, 01:37 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Old 05-26-10, 05:43 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Lol nice!!! 160 he's gone!!!
Old 05-26-10, 06:18 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,041 Likes on 2,447 Posts

Originally Posted by Anti-Venom
The ny-trex triple threat kit is a kit that works well with the novice installer, yet provides a clean install and safety features to keep you from damaging your engine.

Regardless of what you use, fuel pressure safety switch is important when running a higher shots of nitrous. You'd be surprised how much your fuel pressure can drop when you add a line off of your fuel supply. The length and diameter of the line come into play. Without this safety feature, you run the risk of a very lean mixture which would result in a very bad and very expensive repair bill.

I've used the Ny-trex kits on my other vehicles and I'm currently installing a 200 shot setup on my SC400. Currently I'm rebuilding and upgrading the internals of my engine to handle that kind of power, so I don't have any install pics on this care yet. I ran approximately 100 bottles through my Scion TC with a 100 shot for a year and a half. My dyno on the nitrous was 273whp and 298wtq. Much improved over stock.
This shouldn't be an issue with the 2UR-GSE. You'll be tapping the low pressure fuel system and the port injectors are only used for mid-range rpm anyway. Tapping the fuel system for the direct injectors would be a very bad idea.
Old 05-26-10, 06:44 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

what wheels to get? and mr slay what were your 60 foots?
Ideally, something light and durable. You dont really need to spend much money on wheels if you dont want to. Just get something just wide enough to fit the tire you want. My 60' was a 2.117.
Here is the slip:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Lexus-IS-F-Timeslip-20790.html

No problem bro. Ill always do what i can to help out another CL member. Im gonna take diablo2184 on a test drive soon lol. Looks like the N20 big is spreading Ill be in texas next march for Supra Nationals so ill definably hit up for that beer

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
This shouldn't be an issue with the 2UR-GSE. You'll be tapping the low pressure fuel system and the port injectors are only used for mid-range rpm anyway. Tapping the fuel system for the direct injectors would be a very bad idea.
My car was parked at the shop for a few days because of this issue. Took the guys a little while to figure out a good place to source the fuel. I even pondered spraying strait methanol but i think ill let someone else try that out.
Old 05-27-10, 02:38 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

so what is the fix for this problem?

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
My car was parked at the shop for a few days because of this issue. Took the guys a little while to figure out a good place to source the fuel. I even pondered spraying strait methanol but i think ill let someone else try that out.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 05-27-10 at 04:01 PM.

Quick Reply: where to get a nitrous kit for our f's??????