IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

where to get a nitrous kit for our f's??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-10, 12:46 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default where to get a nitrous kit for our f's??????

any help guys??? im looking for a nitrous kit for my f! what brand and were to order it?? thanks guys!
Old 05-21-10, 01:23 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask Mr. Slay
Old 05-21-10, 08:00 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ or Janoy @ ISS Forged.
Old 05-23-10, 11:06 AM
sweetbird
Pole Position

any help guys?
Old 05-23-10, 12:47 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Get a kit from nitrous express. You can call them directly and talk to one of the reps.
Old 05-23-10, 09:36 PM
Anti-Venom
Driver

What kind of kit are you looking for exactly? What kind of power are you wanting to see out of it?

Wet or Dry?

I have Ny-trex kits, but i can give you more details in a pm.
Old 05-24-10, 07:57 AM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Anti-Venom
What kind of kit are you looking for exactly? What kind of power are you wanting to see out of it?

Wet or Dry?

I have Ny-trex kits, but i can give you more details in a pm.

dry or wet dont matter! and im looking for a 125 to 150 shot, please pm me what you are running and were to get the kit thanks man!!
Old 05-24-10, 07:59 AM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Get a kit from nitrous express. You can call them directly and talk to one of the reps.

what kit you running? who makes it? was it complete? and ho9w many bottle have you ran through it now?? thanks
Old 05-24-10, 01:14 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Only run a wet kit. I only use Nitrous Express. The kit came complete but ive changed the solenoids since i bought installed everything.
This is basically the kit i have now just with different solenoids. Ive been through around 12 bottles and no problem with the kit. Just dont hit the speed limiter
http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=888
Originally Posted by sweetbird
what kit you running? who makes it? was it complete? and ho9w many bottle have you ran through it now?? thanks
Old 05-24-10, 03:07 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Only run a wet kit. I only use Nitrous Express. The kit came complete but ive changed the solenoids since i bought installed everything.
This is basically the kit i have now just with different solenoids. Ive been through around 12 bottles and no problem with the kit. Just dont hit the speed limiter
http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=888

sweet thanks man!!! and why did you change the solenoids?? do you have a fuel safety switch, or wide open switch? and can you pm me pics of your install? were you mounted the solenoids? thanks for all your help!
Old 05-24-10, 03:10 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

and do you use a window switch to keep from spraying through the gears and at low rpm's?
Old 05-24-10, 03:23 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

No Fuel Safety switch (should have one) but fuel comes directly from the rail so if there is isnt sufficient pressure there i dont think the car would run without a CEL. I do have a wide open throttle switch along with a TPS. If i still have time tonight ill take some pics and send them to you. But idk... Its my birthday and everyone around me wants to get me drunk lol so i doubt ill have my keys when i go downstars
Originally Posted by sweetbird
sweet thanks man!!! and why did you change the solenoids?? do you have a fuel safety switch, or wide open switch? and can you pm me pics of your install? were you mounted the solenoids? thanks for all your help!
Old 05-24-10, 03:29 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

nice!!! well no rush! lol and happy birthday man drink one for me!!
Old 05-24-10, 06:43 PM
Anti-Venom
Driver

The ny-trex triple threat kit is a kit that works well with the novice installer, yet provides a clean install and safety features to keep you from damaging your engine.

Regardless of what you use, fuel pressure safety switch is important when running a higher shots of nitrous. You'd be surprised how much your fuel pressure can drop when you add a line off of your fuel supply. The length and diameter of the line come into play. Without this safety feature, you run the risk of a very lean mixture which would result in a very bad and very expensive repair bill.

I've used the Ny-trex kits on my other vehicles and I'm currently installing a 200 shot setup on my SC400. Currently I'm rebuilding and upgrading the internals of my engine to handle that kind of power, so I don't have any install pics on this care yet. I ran approximately 100 bottles through my Scion TC with a 100 shot for a year and a half. My dyno on the nitrous was 273whp and 298wtq. Much improved over stock.
Old 05-25-10, 10:21 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

I had a dry 100 shot on my IS350 with less safety precautions than a monkey with a hand grenade. Ive put 65+ bottles through it with a button spraying from the launch to the finish. The only problem I have ever had is 3rd gear slipped one time when I got on the freeway (not spraying). I went from a 13.7 to a 12.6 in the 1/4 and a 9.0 to a 7.9 in the 1/8th. I also achieved one of if not the fastest '60 times in the 2IS with a 1.7.

Quick Reply: where to get a nitrous kit for our f's??????