IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Need ur opinion - 08M3 or IS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-10 | 07:16 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Autobacs
You guys crack me up.

The OP specifically requested opinions between an ISF and an M3.

I guess you need to add other tangents to answer the specific question to make it entertaining.
And apparently you can't read.

The OP is discussing the M3 COUPE and the IS F....two cars that are not really comparable. MrSlay and myself don't see why the M3 is even in the mix if 2 doors is an option or why the F would be a consideration. He asked for pros and cons....we pointed some out.

Btw, there are multiple threads on this topic anyways....search would find multiple opinions, multiple times.
Old 05-22-10 | 07:22 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Title: Need ur opinion 08M3 or IS-F?

Copied title above. And you're telling me I cannot read. Must be your brand of humour.

Your opinion that they are not comparable is strictly an opinion not related to the question of the OP.
Old 05-22-10 | 07:24 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chris07is
im about to pay off my car and thinking to trade it in. Im deciding between 08M3 (coupe) or the IS-F. help me out people...i need pros and cons...
Title: Need ur opinion 08M3 or IS-F?

Copied title above. And you're telling me I cannot read. Must be your brand of humour.

Your opinion that they are not comparable is strictly an opinion not related to the question of the OP.
Did you read the actual post? I've included it as you seem to struggle with comprehension.
Old 05-22-10 | 07:32 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

simple. Question was pros and cons between an 08M3 or IS-F.

Why the bold letters? Needing to bolster your arguments

Why throw in questions about reading ability and comprehension? Am I getting to your skin?

Just relax.
Old 05-22-10 | 07:37 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Why throw in questions about reading ability and comprehension? Am I getting to your skin?

Just relax.
Con of the M3 COUPE is that there are several choices with 2 doors that are far superior to it. Plain enough???
Old 05-23-10 | 01:05 AM
mrduck
Driver School Candidate

We call them BMtrouble you not BMW. Nothing but trouble after warranty expires!!
Old 05-23-10 | 08:41 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

How about this one.
ISF- one of the best 4 door cars for the money
M3: 2 door- one of the worst cars for the money
4 door- nice car but falls when compared to the isf in performance, interior,reliability and price.

If I lived in a different city I probably would buy an M3 so I could be the cool guy. But that's not gonna happen web every grandma in my building drives a bentley
Old 05-23-10 | 09:14 AM
Ekorre
Rookie

i was in your spot a month ago. You really just need to test drive both cars until you come to your own conclusion. It's fun reading people's reviews, but ffs, who is going to buy a car on someone else's say so?

you need to see what you like, both cars are different enough that you will polarize towards one. good luck in your search!
Old 05-23-10 | 09:55 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

If you can find an '08 M3 with warranty left or a certified one then you can dodge a huge percentage of the depreciation versus a new IS-F, if that is what you are comparing. The M3 can be had with a manual transmission, so if you want a stick their is no choice here. Those SMG trannsmissions (or whatever they are calling it this year) suck the big one though.
Old 05-23-10 | 10:30 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CRB
If you can find an '08 M3 with warranty left or a certified one then you can dodge a huge percentage of the depreciation versus a new IS-F, if that is what you are comparing. The M3 can be had with a manual transmission, so if you want a stick their is no choice here. Those SMG trannsmissions (or whatever they are calling it this year) suck the big one though.
It's now DCT in the new E9X's.

It's really hit or miss with that tranny. Have a peek over on M3post....they actually have a sticky for problems associated with it...lol.
Old 05-24-10 | 04:51 AM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Based on my experience I would skip them both and buy a GT-R

Seriously, try to go on a long test drive in each so you can get a better feel for each car. They are both quite fast, but have vastly different driving experiences.

Definitely search as there are a number of good posts covering this topic.
Old 05-24-10 | 06:24 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Just relax.
Sometimes thats annoying to. You ask a question about 2 cars and you get all these totally unrelated answers. Somebody suggested buying an suv then a fun car, come on people stick to the two cars.
Old 05-24-10 | 09:46 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Don't think anyone mentioned this, but you're deciding between a used M3 or a brand new F? Why would you choose a used car over a new car when they are in the same class and comparable? Is the pricing similar? If so, I'd take the newer car every time, and in this case it's the F.
Old 05-24-10 | 10:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by CRB
umm.... seriously, have you even driven the dct in the m3? it's no smg, not the one you find in the m5/6. dct is completely new shifts much faster/smoother/smarter than the smg.

and i am just curious. isf is a limited production car??

to OP, really depends on what you need. although the two cars are pretty much in the same segment, but to me they are pretty different. and depending on what exactly you want out of the car, your decision can be very different. i also did a lot of comparison and driving and other stuff between the isf and the m3. at the end i got my m3 and i have zero regret
Old 05-24-10 | 11:04 PM
MrHarris
Intermediate

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm3

But do yourself a favor, and get an 09+ if you are getting tech package. DO NOT BUY AN 08 M3 WITH THAT DAMN NAVI.

Quick Reply: Need ur opinion - 08M3 or IS-F?