IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Multiple fix it tickets!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-10, 10:22 PM
eXstasy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that OP

As uncool and unattractive as it is, this is why I run my front plates in CA. Don't get me wrong, I have my front windows tinted, so it's only a matter of time... but the front plate being there is just one less thing to draw attention to me.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Sucks man, I'd zip-tie the front license plate to the lower portion of the grille. That way you don't have to drill the bumper.
I really do not like this method unless it is used temporarily to have the ticket signed off, but I've seen it used as a more permanent solution. There is no way a zip tied front plate looks better on the car than a plate mounted in its proper location, drilled or not. In addition to that, people often block airflow to their cars by covering bumper openings or grilles.
Old 05-27-10, 10:42 PM
TCM55
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by timeToy
He made me pop open the hood, I guess when people get busted for tint and front license plate it's 50/50 chances to find some after market parts under the hood...
Wow, I am glad I don't live in Cali (car wise, otherwise Cali is very nice).
Old 05-27-10, 10:55 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by eXstasy
I really do not like this method unless it is used temporarily to have the ticket signed off, but I've seen it used as a more permanent solution. There is no way a zip tied front plate looks better on the car than a plate mounted in its proper location, drilled or not. In addition to that, people often block airflow to their cars by covering bumper openings or grilles.
Oh I couldn't agree more with you. I was suggesting it as a temporary solution till he paid the ticket or found something better.
Old 05-27-10, 11:52 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend used zip ties to fix the front tickets once and when cop looked at it he just cut it rite off..
he said "its not secure enough!"
lol..
anyways sorry to hear.. you can also use elbow nuts and long screw to mount it on the bottom of the grill... if rho plate dont work out that is quick $4 fix..
Old 05-28-10, 01:00 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Hate to say it , but California is hard up for money and they send law enforcement out there to write these easy tickets to generate money for the state. I was nailed for both tint and no front license plate as well, so I know the pain!!!!!

Here is the real killer...tax payers are paying these law enforcement officers to ticket our selves!!!! On these BS tickets just to generate money for the state
Old 05-28-10, 06:25 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

My friend bought a motorized "show n go" plate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRZ9bZQYVLE
Old 05-28-10, 08:40 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I seriously DUNNO why everyone insists on using zip ties, it's so ghetto and obvious to cops that you are only doing this because you have to.

Just go buy some 3M double sided tape and stick it on there, no holes and can be removed later easily with a heat gun!

OP: Sorry to hear your troubles, I feel your pain! Try to open your sunroof or keep your windows cracked half open. This makes the tint less obvious when you have light shining inside. I see so many people prefer to drive windows up and if that is the case I suggest you use VERY light tint or no tint on front windows.

IS-F does not need an aftermarket intake, just run the stock intake and you will have no problems - less headaches too IMO.

gluck!
Old 05-28-10, 04:38 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

as much as i like to agree with you guys, i can't
i have too many officer friends that tell me something you all have to remember
there are laws that are set for a reason...and cops are just doing their job
just like how we all do our own jobs.
granted there are some cops out there that are more "uncool" than others, what we all are doing is breaking the law and if we get caught, we need to pay the penalties.

in my driving career i have received more than 35+ tickets (more than half were moving violations) so i been there done that...in fact, i just got 3 tickets a few months ago with the F...

ANYWAY... you got caught, plain and simple...and so did i...so i don't understand why some people come on here and bad mouth police officers like this.

BTW... the intake thing, do you know what the vehicle code or violation code is???
i had one of those in my supra and i had to go to the state ref for it... he wrote it up as a gross polluter...
Old 05-28-10, 06:32 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So can all those Civics with "Type R" stickers get tickets for "misrepresentation" or "falsifying make and model"?
Old 05-29-10, 06:17 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
as much as i like to agree with you guys, i can't
i have too many officer friends that tell me something you all have to remember
there are laws that are set for a reason...and cops are just doing their job
just like how we all do our own jobs.
granted there are some cops out there that are more "uncool" than others, what we all are doing is breaking the law and if we get caught, we need to pay the penalties.

in my driving career i have received more than 35+ tickets (more than half were moving violations) so i been there done that...in fact, i just got 3 tickets a few months ago with the F...

ANYWAY... you got caught, plain and simple...and so did i...so i don't understand why some people come on here and bad mouth police officers like this.

BTW... the intake thing, do you know what the vehicle code or violation code is???
i had one of those in my supra and i had to go to the state ref for it... he wrote it up as a gross polluter...
Thanks for being a voice of reason here. I complied a little write up of, "What to do, and a little of "What NOT to do." when pulled over, this is also posted on LexusF.com in response to a member over there whom had a problem with getting "pinched".
You are NOT getting community service LMAO, just send in the ticket with the fine, and plead "NOT GUILTY", They will assign you a court date. On that date go in to court and simple ask for the "Mercy of the courts" i.e. leniency. The judge will likely reduce the speed, or assign you a "non moving" violation. Meaning you will NOT get any points, thereby affecting your insurance rates. Do NOT go into court like some smarty pants and think you are going to play Sherlock Holmes, and do the whole me versus him thing, YOU will loose that battle EVERY TIME! The attitude of "the officer is right", I was speeding and was simply NOT paying attention, please help with the points "Your Honor" will get you far in this game, remember all they really want is the fine, not to screw up your life.
As a side note gentleman and ladies, the side of the highway is NOT the place to argue your "self believed" innocence, simply say and do exactly as the officer asks, do NOT argue, or be ignorant!, this will only cost YOU money! Remember most officers earn overtime pay to go to court, you are only making their extra dollars earned even MORE enjoyable by pissing them off! The proper procedure to follow when pulled over is such, 1a. Pull over as soon as safely possible in a area which is safe for the officer to exit his vehicle, (HINT, a large berm on the side will do or a near buy parking lot would be nice. 1b. if it is dark out turn on the interior lights. 2. Keep your hands on the wheel where the officer can see them, (do NOT start jumping around the car scrambling for your misplaced registration and or insurance cards!, you will IMMEDIATELY make the officer nervous! a nervous man with a GUN is a VERY BAD THING!. 3. The officer will say good evening Miss or Sir may I please see your paper work and license, they may even ask you if YOU know why they stopped you? (HINT, this is NOT a trick question, and you would do well to be honest here if you do know the reason), A simple "No Officer I do not." or "Yes Officer I do, I apologize, I simply was NOT paying as close attention to my speed as I should have been." will suffice. (you would be VERY surprised at the results when a little "common courtesy" is used when addressing the Officer. When the Officer is done with his job (which is running your information, making sure you are NOT a wanted criminal, and you are whom you say you are, and that your paper work is valid) he will return with your information, and have you sign the citation, or more than likely (if you were a "well mannered" individual) warning slip, You and he both will be safely on your way. I can NOT tell you how many hot heads get pulled over a second time because after their verbal onslaught went tearing off without using their signal, and or shooting the officer with dirt and rocks only resulting in being more pissed off because they get cited for "reckless driving" and "failure to signal". All of which will stick in court, and NONE of which will be overturned via the judge. I hope this helps in this matter, and all your future endeavors.
Old 05-29-10, 09:39 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

I'm like the "dos equis guy"

When cops see me... they say "Lets pull over Joe Z and give him some tickets".....

Joe Z
Old 05-29-10, 10:15 AM
stick
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ming15237
Thanks for being a voice of reason here. I complied a little write up of, "What to do, and a little of "What NOT to do." when pulled over, this is also posted on LexusF.com in response to a member over there whom had a problem with getting "pinched".
You are NOT getting community service LMAO, just send in the ticket with the fine, and plead "NOT GUILTY", They will assign you a court date. On that date go in to court and simple ask for the "Mercy of the courts" i.e. leniency. The judge will likely reduce the speed, or assign you a "non moving" violation. Meaning you will NOT get any points, thereby affecting your insurance rates. Do NOT go into court like some smarty pants and think you are going to play Sherlock Holmes, and do the whole me versus him thing, YOU will loose that battle EVERY TIME! The attitude of "the officer is right", I was speeding and was simply NOT paying attention, please help with the points "Your Honor" will get you far in this game, remember all they really want is the fine, not to screw up your life.
As a side note gentleman and ladies, the side of the highway is NOT the place to argue your "self believed" innocence, simply say and do exactly as the officer asks, do NOT argue, or be ignorant!, this will only cost YOU money! Remember most officers earn overtime pay to go to court, you are only making their extra dollars earned even MORE enjoyable by pissing them off! The proper procedure to follow when pulled over is such, 1a. Pull over as soon as safely possible in a area which is safe for the officer to exit his vehicle, (HINT, a large berm on the side will do or a near buy parking lot would be nice. 1b. if it is dark out turn on the interior lights. 2. Keep your hands on the wheel where the officer can see them, (do NOT start jumping around the car scrambling for your misplaced registration and or insurance cards!, you will IMMEDIATELY make the officer nervous! a nervous man with a GUN is a VERY BAD THING!. 3. The officer will say good evening Miss or Sir may I please see your paper work and license, they may even ask you if YOU know why they stopped you? (HINT, this is NOT a trick question, and you would do well to be honest here if you do know the reason), A simple "No Officer I do not." or "Yes Officer I do, I apologize, I simply was NOT paying as close attention to my speed as I should have been." will suffice. (you would be VERY surprised at the results when a little "common courtesy" is used when addressing the Officer. When the Officer is done with his job (which is running your information, making sure you are NOT a wanted criminal, and you are whom you say you are, and that your paper work is valid) he will return with your information, and have you sign the citation, or more than likely (if you were a "well mannered" individual) warning slip, You and he both will be safely on your way. I can NOT tell you how many hot heads get pulled over a second time because after their verbal onslaught went tearing off without using their signal, and or shooting the officer with dirt and rocks only resulting in being more pissed off because they get cited for "reckless driving" and "failure to signal". All of which will stick in court, and NONE of which will be overturned via the judge. I hope this helps in this matter, and all your future endeavors.

^^^^EVERYONE PLEASE READ^^^^^

Most peoples' mouths get them a ticket.

Thanks, ming.
Old 05-29-10, 10:23 AM
stick
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Sucks man, I'd zip-tie the front license plate to the lower portion of the grille. That way you don't have to drill the bumper.

Andre- my friend with a G got 6 tickets. CHP said the following:
1) speeding
2) had a modified exhaust
3) tint was too dark to see into
4) had no front license plate
5) had no amber reflectors on the car
6) Falsified the make and model of the car by badging it "SKYLINE" instead of "INFINITI"
http://g35driver.com/forums/northern...ckets-wtf.html

Please find out what section your friend was cited for in number 6. I have never heard that before and it doesn't sound legit.
Old 05-30-10, 07:05 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Default really?

Originally Posted by stick
Please find out what section your friend was cited for in number 6. I have never heard that before and it doesn't sound legit.
I think someone may have been embellishing the story a bit with this one. I contacted a friend whom works for CHP and he has NEVER heard of such an infraction. I have also looked through the CA Motor Vehicle Code and found NO such reference.
Old 05-30-10, 07:27 AM
NineTreSc3
Driver

Man I never knew a cop could make you pop your hood in any state without some kind of serious reason.. I got pulled like 3 months back for no front plate. They also got me for modified suspension, window tint, and having an inspection from another car lol. All i had to do was fix it all before court. Charges got dropped. This was in Va though. Good luck man.

Quick Reply: Multiple fix it tickets!