IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Multiple fix it tickets!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-10, 10:08 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it's called "probable cause":

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Old 05-30-10, 10:47 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't worry about this stuff because I have a cop in the family to sign-off any fix-it ticket. It comes in handy.
Old 05-31-10, 12:18 PM
larrysb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, I wonder what the OP was thinking?

No front plate. Illegal.

Front tint. Illegal.

That's like driving around screaming, "bust me!!!!"

I mean the law is perfectly clear in the state about this. It isn't ambiguous at all.
Old 05-31-10, 01:16 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Default Wow

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I don't worry about this stuff because I have a cop in the family to sign-off any fix-it ticket. It comes in handy.
And publicly announcing something like this is not only foolish, but certainly frowned upon by the LEO community. NOT a wise decision...
Old 06-01-10, 08:40 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by larrysb
Honestly, I wonder what the OP was thinking?

No front plate. Illegal.

Front tint. Illegal.

That's like driving around screaming, "bust me!!!!"

I mean the law is perfectly clear in the state about this. It isn't ambiguous at all.
The OP lives in SoCal, where roughly 50% of the cars do not have front license plate and sport dark tint...
Old 06-01-10, 08:44 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

doesnt make it legal

be glad they are fix it tickets. fix it, show the court and the tickets will be dismissed.
Old 06-01-10, 09:02 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by timeToy
The OP lives in SoCal, where roughly 50% of the cars do not have front license plate and sport dark tint...
50%???
you seriously think 50% of the cars in socal run like that???
Old 06-01-10, 09:21 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ming15237
And publicly announcing something like this is not only foolish, but certainly frowned upon by the LEO community. NOT a wise decision...
That's why no names/departments/cities/jurisdictions/badge numbers/license plate numbers/counties/PD's are mentioned. Signing off on a missing front plate is no big deal. Many cops will do with without even looking at the car at the police station. I will fell free to mention it as long as the above info is not given. Frown all you want. But the LEO knows this goes on selectively all the time.
Old 06-01-10, 09:36 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Some of you guys talk about these offenses like it's a big deal....sheesh!

It's common knowledge in most states to let Corvette / exotic car owners go without running front plates. In norcal/socal I bet the number is higher since so many high end cars roam the streets. I always see Ferrari and Lambo owners with NO PLATES even though they've had their plates for a long time. So all of you concerned with front plates, how about NO PLATES!

It's all about how you present yourself along with a bit of luck too of course....

If you dress like a punk/thug/ricer or drive like an idiot, that will get you noticed more IMO. Stereotypes and racial profile (although illegal, we all do it to some extent)
Old 06-01-10, 09:49 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

s4play - Agreed, look at all the carefully and safely driven Porsches without front plates in CA (I've owned 3 myself).
Old 06-01-10, 10:41 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
(...)
If you dress like a punk/thug/ricer or drive like an idiot, that will get you noticed more IMO. Stereotypes and racial profile (although illegal, we all do it to some extent)
I hope this is not directly aimed at me, but as I am the OP on this thread I'm taking this personally...

So I am Vice President of Marketing in a young company and Board Member of a publicly traded company; I have a short hair cut, dress rather conservative and alway business appropriate, that day I was wearing a button up shirt and suit, and no, I was not driving like an idiot, remember there was my 4 year old kid in the back.

I learned my lesson, if you drive around without front plate or illegal tint you are rolling the dices, it doesn't matter what you are driving or how you are driving, chances are, sooner or later, you are going to get busted, it's statistically just a matter of time.

You guys can always rationalize it as much as you want, believe that it will not happen to you because you present better or drive the right car or know the right people; but it is just rationalizing a behavior you know is illegal...

As for me, I now have a front license plate, the stock intake is back on and the front tint will be removed, I will get my tickets dismissed and hopefully that will be the end of it.
Old 06-01-10, 10:48 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I doubt s4play was aiming his comments at OP.

Was the original or main issue with this thread about the intake (offroad use only)....

Regardless, nice to see some lessons learned....
Old 06-01-10, 10:53 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by timeToy

I learned my lesson, if you drive around without front plate or illegal tint you are rolling the dices, it doesn't matter what you are driving or how you are driving, chances are, sooner or later, you are going to get busted, it's statistically just a matter of time.
totally agree on this!!!
i for one still drive without my front plate and i still have my tint...
i know i am rolling the dice here as well but if i get busted i know it's my own fault...

anyway, can we all get back to talking about the ISF now???
Old 06-01-10, 11:01 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
totally agree on this!!!
i for one still drive without my front plate and i still have my tint...
i know i am rolling the dice here as well but if i get busted i know it's my own fault...

anyway, can we all get back to talking about the ISF now???
Sorry, mine's a IS350, but agreed.

I'm running a front plate and 35% tint all around. What tint do you have on the IS-F?
Old 06-01-10, 11:05 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Sorry, mine's a IS350, but agreed.

I'm running a front plate and 35% tint all around. What tint do you have on the IS-F?
no matter...it's a forum so i guess we can talk about ANYTHING here right...haha

mine is also 35% all around...none on the front windshield tho...

Quick Reply: Multiple fix it tickets!