IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

60-160 in my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-10, 11:22 AM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx

No way bro. Thats just asking for trouble. Best tool is your own intuition and eyes.
Unless you live in VA radar detectors are legal. I've been pulled over for speeding and let go with the cop acknowledging my V1. I use the V1 plus common sense and the rear view mirror when driving. Too many people confuse radar detectors with a police locator......which they aren't.

Nice vid, a bit crazy......but the acceleration from 60-160 is very impressive.
Old 06-03-10, 11:34 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont use them because they are unreliable. I feel better using my own eyes and intuition. Its been very effective
Originally Posted by N54MPower
Unless you live in VA radar detectors are legal. I've been pulled over for speeding and let go with the cop acknowledging my V1. I use the V1 plus common sense and the rear view mirror when driving. Too many people confuse radar detectors with a police locator......which they aren't.

Nice vid, a bit crazy......but the acceleration from 60-160 is very impressive.
Old 06-03-10, 06:35 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you sprying all the way? It sounds like it, even when upshifting. Great video as usual.
Old 06-03-10, 06:45 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

N20 Cuts out during upshifts. Glad you like it Anyone Vbox our cars yet?
Originally Posted by Juanca
Are you sprying all the way? It sounds like it, even when upshifting. Great video as usual.
Old 06-03-10, 09:37 PM
matt310
Rookie

What a mess. All of it, including the endless rambling. And nice use of turn signals when changing lanes, 90mph over the speed limit, at night, with traffic. DB award of the decade goes to you. Congrats.
Old 06-03-10, 09:59 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by matt310
What a mess. All of it, including the endless rambling. And nice use of turn signals when changing lanes, 90mph over the speed limit, at night, with traffic. DB award of the decade goes to you. Congrats.
.....called it..... gotta love debbie downers

PS: my avatar pic was in front of an elementary school cross walk right after school let out, and there was a bus load of handicapped kids getting on the short bus next to me... you just cant see them, i cropped it out..

Last edited by USBM2011; 06-03-10 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-03-10, 10:08 PM
matt310
Rookie

lol, yeah wow I really rained on the parade. driving like that is idiotic. take it to a track - you have no idea what's on the road in front of you...especially in a place like aventura.
Old 06-04-10, 05:36 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ In Aventura? In front of you? Probably there are a few Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Black Series... and if you are lucky a Veyron.
Old 06-04-10, 06:06 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by matt310
lol, yeah wow I really rained on the parade. driving like that is idiotic. take it to a track - you have no idea what's on the road in front of you...especially in a place like aventura.
I knew what was in front of me. I always drive the road before i run

Originally Posted by Juanca
^^^ In Aventura? In front of you? Probably there are a few Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Black Series... and if you are lucky a Veyron.
Haha tell me about it. I always feel broke when i go to get my car washed lol. Even the wash owner has a GT3 as a daily
Old 06-04-10, 06:22 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by slowIST
Dude. My friend had two of the big NOS and he did a 160 run in 8th gear in his eclipse, it was too fast so he blew his intake manifold welds and the diamond cut metal floor flew off. True story.

Nice vid. I also thought that that was a CHP at the end. I got instant sweaty palms for you. Haha. Does any one else notice the rev match from 6th to 5th sound meaner than any other rev match?
Sounds like a scene from Fast and the Furious. BTW was your friend's eclipse green and his name Paul Walker? lol
Old 06-04-10, 06:49 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by matadorBP2

PS: my avatar pic was in front of an elementary school cross walk right after school let out, and there was a bus load of handicapped kids getting on the short bus next to me... you just cant see them, i cropped it out..
Most likely BS, otherwise I would have to assume you do not have children yourself.
Old 06-04-10, 07:16 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by hblexus07
Most likely BS, otherwise I would have to assume you do not have children yourself.

....clearly BS... sorry i didnt put enough sarcastic stuff in there for you to realize i was being sarcastic... maybe i should have also mentioned, after the burnout, my F burst into flames and was actually responsible for the Deepwater Horizon sinking and starting the oil spill...

hahaha jkjkjk
Old 06-04-10, 07:26 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by hblexus07

....clearly BS... sorry i didnt put enough sarcastic stuff in there for you to realize i was being sarcastic... maybe i should have also mentioned, after the burnout, my F burst into flames and was actually responsible for the Deepwater Horizon sinking and starting the oil spill...

hahaha jkjkjk
Old 06-04-10, 10:06 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

I like my car stock and never go over the speed limit. I wanted to get a hybrid, but that was left was this POS lexus IS-F, I think the F stands for Fear like the way I live my life........ yes that to was sarcasm.
Old 06-04-10, 10:31 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by fleadog99
I like my car stock and never go over the speed limit. I wanted to get a hybrid, but that was left was this POS lexus IS-F, I think the F stands for Fear like the way I live my life........ yes that to was sarcasm.

HAHAHAHA

i was actually trying to see if i could do a prius motor swap, but i cant find any info on it, i did a search on here and came up with nothing.... maybe i can just take half the spark plugs out? make it a 4cyl?

Quick Reply: 60-160 in my car