IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2011 IS F (updated, official news and pics) Suspension Revised

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-10, 11:25 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jizzzzzz in my pants! We should get a "F" button!!
Old 06-23-10, 11:29 PM
LexFather

I'm VERY VERY interested as I had my sights on the 2010 model with the LSD. Great to see Lexus is using Kaizen with this model.
Old 06-23-10, 11:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lfa wheels? maybe just the same "style"? i doubt they would be the exact same lfa wheels, that would probably put another 10k on the msrp

and i can't understand why lexus would want to do that... lfa owner gets out of the car

random person: hey look, you got the same wheels as my isf
Old 06-24-10, 12:33 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I'm curious what the "updated suspension" means. I really like the original, it's very effective at Carolina Motorsports Park for HPDE. If updated means less sport, I'd be disappointed. If it means a more sport focused solution, I'm all ears.
Exactly what I was thinking when I read it. I really hope they don't soften it.
Old 06-24-10, 03:01 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I'm curious what the "updated suspension" means. I really like the original, it's very effective at Carolina Motorsports Park for HPDE. If updated means less sport, I'd be disappointed. If it means a more sport focused solution, I'm all ears.
Hopefully they are referring ta an "EDC" setup alla' BMW's system, which is arguably the F's weakest link. Driving both cars back to back and one will quickly surmise the BMW's adjustable suspension is far superior to our F's especially on the winter war torn roads like we have in PA. I believe one of the most common comments people have after changing out the springs on their cars is how much better they ride... I personally feel this is the one area that Lexus really dropped the ball on while designing our cars.
Old 06-24-10, 10:07 AM
mondo540
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ming15237
Hopefully they are referring ta an "EDC" setup alla' BMW's system, which is arguably the F's weakest link. Driving both cars back to back and one will quickly surmise the BMW's adjustable suspension is far superior to our F's especially on the winter war torn roads like we have in PA. I believe one of the most common comments people have after changing out the springs on their cars is how much better they ride... I personally feel this is the one area that Lexus really dropped the ball on while designing our cars.
+1000 It will be interesting to see what approach they take....
Old 06-24-10, 01:18 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Hey.... considering the 15% better fuel economy, Do you guys think that the GR engines will get valvematic?
Old 06-24-10, 02:57 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Adjustable suspension would be awesome. I wonder if they will be producing more Fs in 2011 than 2010? Or is it still very-limited production?
Old 06-24-10, 03:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

to be honest, i still don't buy the limited production thing. there are isf sitting at every dealerships, that means supply and demand flow. it's not like people are in line waiting for isf. if the current production meets the demand, producing more won't help.
Old 06-24-10, 04:12 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
to be honest, i still don't buy the limited production thing. there are isf sitting at every dealerships, that means supply and demand flow. it's not like people are in line waiting for isf. if the current production meets the demand, producing more won't help.
Correctomundo, the F is VERY under appreciated for what it is! All I am saying is this is one area of the vehicle they really fell short on!
Old 06-24-10, 06:52 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Without much research and knowing that the new 3-Series is out next year, could it be a situation to beat-out the new M3 to market? Or at the very least, grab potential 2011M3 or 335 owners with the new facelift?

As far as supply and demand, if the current isf isn't selling, then wouldn't a facelift (vs. a major re-design) spark more sales with minimal investment $?
Old 06-24-10, 07:31 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Another pic

"It helps to have an excellent eye for detail when trying to find the updated features on a Lexus IS. A facelifted IS caught in China, said to be taking the model through 2012, will get LED running lights in the headlight clusters, redesigned fog lights and taillights, revised chrome trim for the steering wheel and glovebox and a tweaked wheel design. Right now Lexus is paying attention to the LFA and the new GS coming in 2011, so if you were hoping for more from the small sedan, mark your calendars for two years from now."

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/24/l...inor-facelift/

____

The wheels do look similar to the LFA. Also the bumper portion by the fogs is tweaked as well
Old 06-24-10, 09:56 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
I agree. Lexus of Austin, never one to have a large assortment of IS-Fs has at last count 4 on their lot! The nicest IS on the lot isn't even an IS-F, it's an IS-C with the F-sport brake kit, exhaust, black leather, black exterior, and dark graphite wheels. It really is gorgeous!
Old 06-24-10, 10:35 PM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

any idea on whether the headlights can be swapped into the 08-10's if the dimensions are the same? Obviously no one has gotten their hands on a set but would added LED's require significantly different wiring?
Old 06-24-10, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Without much research and knowing that the new 3-Series is out next year, could it be a situation to beat-out the new M3 to market? Or at the very least, grab potential 2011M3 or 335 owners with the new facelift?

As far as supply and demand, if the current isf isn't selling, then wouldn't a facelift (vs. a major re-design) spark more sales with minimal investment $?
oh i have no doubt it will help the sales, well that's the whole point of the facelift.

but my point is when a car is present as inventory at almost every dealership, then saying it's a limited production car doesn't make much sense

Quick Reply: 2011 IS F (updated, official news and pics) Suspension Revised