IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F vs. JB3 335I E90

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-10, 03:22 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Its funny that the OP is being accused in the bimmer forum that he is trying to stir the pot. A fellow BMW is flaming him for this. I hate to generalize but this is stereotypical of BMW owners...of being ...holes. But not all of them are.. :-)
Old 07-07-10, 05:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
your car was in limp mode Henry???
yup, just a random day
Old 07-07-10, 05:26 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Its funny that the OP is being accused in the bimmer forum that he is trying to stir the pot. A fellow BMW is flaming him for this. I hate to generalize but this is stereotypical of BMW owners...of being ...holes. But not all of them are.. :-)
That sucks. From his post so far I'm taking him to be a cool guy. He didn't come here looking for anything negative. Sucks that the BMW guys are giving him hell for it.
Old 07-07-10, 05:28 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,960 Likes on 2,399 Posts

dashocker posts on CL in Car Chat all the time too. He's not exclusively a "BMW guy" although his posts here support that notion.
Old 07-07-10, 05:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
That sucks. From his post so far I'm taking him to be a cool guy. He didn't come here looking for anything negative. Sucks that the BMW guys are giving him hell for it.
not all of them are like that, i know a few very cool and knowledgeable guys. but the way some bmw owners post and reply, it's pretty sad
Old 07-08-10, 03:54 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

The post below is from a bimmer forum. This fanboism at the highest level. The thread is titled : BMW + Lexus = Mercedes. Am stirring the pot here a little...

"No Benz is not bad, its just different. I would NEVER consider a Lexus a luxury car, asian cars are not luxury cars. I am not a fan of their Benz' style, its not my taste. Benz is too gaudy and decadent to say nothing of Maybach. BMW is the for me. Hell if I was given a Lamborghini I would sell it and buy some BMW's."

This is effing ridiculous!!!! LOL!!!
Old 07-08-10, 04:34 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

its sad to read such nonsense. i agree with rominl. i know a few guys on some of the bmw forums, and they're very knowledgeable and reliable sources of aid when it comes to anything cars, not just modding. sadly, for the few that i know that arent fanbois and just car enthusiasts, there are a good 5-10x more that i know who wouldnt let a second go without bash any other car brand out there on the road. it says something about those who write up stuff like that-to degrade others' choices in cars. i have no problem with brand loyalty and all, but thats just taking it way too far.
Old 07-08-10, 06:14 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I think it's funny and is indicative of a deficiency if you have to bash other car makes to prove yours is better.

The fact is the Lexus overall is better built and engineered to deliver more reliable performance in the long term than a Bimmer. They know it and that is why some of them have to bash the Lexus to "justify" their choice. A good number of them are narrow minded that it would be a sacrilege to admit that their Bimmer is somehow inferior in any aspect to any other car make. Fanboism at its zenith.
Old 07-08-10, 07:36 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

So is if safe to say???

BMW Driver= Honda Driver with better credit? lmao

Saying goes for the majority though. I know some cool BMW guys.
Old 07-08-10, 07:54 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Now that you made that comparison I AGREE to a certain extent. A good number of Bimmers are Leased instead of bought.

Don't blame them because the it makes more sense to lease one and return it just before the warranty runs out LOL.

Last edited by Autobacs; 07-08-10 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-08-10, 08:44 PM
pdivizzle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
So is if safe to say???

BMW Driver= Honda Driver with better credit? lmao

Saying goes for the majority though. I know some cool BMW guys.
LMAO totally true..except typical Honda owners dont usually wear ed hardy jeans and pink polo shirts while rockin' a fohawk and wearin prada sunglasses
Old 07-08-10, 08:47 PM
pdivizzle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by s4play
I think one of the guys here makes a good point ~

You can modify any turbo car such as the BMW 335i or EVO, Neon SRT, etc but once you start doing that, you sacrifice reliability/warranty issues.

A naturally aspirated IS-F or e92 m3 is just fast out of the box, no warranty issues, no headaches, etc.

The way my wife calls it is that one is a boy racer car and one is a grown-up's toy. Take your pick
Case in point, my 08 subaru Sti..tuned, modded, raced once..motor went out at 12k
Old 07-09-10, 09:15 PM
stick
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"No Benz is not bad, its just different. I would NEVER consider a Lexus a luxury car, asian cars are not luxury cars. I am not a fan of their Benz' style, its not my taste. Benz is too gaudy and decadent to say nothing of Maybach. BMW is the for me. Hell if I was given a Lamborghini I would sell it and buy some BMW's."

Lexus is not luxury? ^^^Typical BMW fanboy statements.
Old 07-10-10, 12:29 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Actually now that I thought about it, I agree with the typical BMW Fanboi statements.

The Bimmer IS a luxury car when you figure in the extra costs for repair and downtime you would experience if you owned one instead of a Lexus.
Old 07-11-10, 01:44 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's hilarious.

I've had my fair share of e90post, as I am a prior 335i owner. I found it to be a phenomenal car, but I had to give it up for reliability and longevity issues. I think BMW is a terrific car to lease for 3 years and move on. I needed a car that I could buy outright and have it last 8+ years worry-free.

Honestly, I find there are "cult"-like fanatics for all brands, but this phenomenon seems especially true for BMW for some reason.

Personally, I have no loyalties to any car brand. I'm not a "BMW guy" or even a "Lexus guy." Chances are very high that my next car 8+ years down the road might be an Audi or an Infiniti, mostly because I embrace variety. I could not care less about the brand name - I simply get the car that suits my needs best.

On the contrary to what that Beemer-bot posted - if somebody gave me a Lamborghini (hassle-free), I sure as hell wouldn't sell it for a bunch of BMWs or Lexus or Audis or Mercedes. The lamborghini will have more power and prestige than anything any of those brands can put forth (except maybe a Mercedes SLS AMG or a Lexus LF-A, which could be comparable)

I really do pity that guy, it must be terrible to be arbitrarily locked into a single brand for the sake of "brand loyalty." What a ludicrous concept. Free yourself and consider cars for what they are.

If Kia came out with an insanely reliable, insanely fast, insanely luxurious and insanely beautiful vehicle, I'd consider one. I don't see it yet, of course, and given what Kia has done in the past, I highly doubt they will ever come out with such a car, but this is just hypothetically speaking.

Quick Reply: IS-F vs. JB3 335I E90