IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

625hp Twin Turbo IS F in Super Street Magazine on Newstands NOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-10, 06:44 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
I thought fox tucked tail and took off? Last I heard, he was supposed to be releasing a supercharger kit for the 350 platform.....but that didnt happen.
I'm just VERY busy running a company and don't have time to hit the forums. The Supercharger kit on my IS C just turned 3000 miles on it. Need to R&D and make sure it holds the power on the stock motor with out any issue. Javad doesn't want to sell a kit to people that don't work. My name is on the line here and I'm not going to let anyone supercharge their cars unless it is PERFECT. Remember, we all bought in to the "pursuit of perfection" and I can't have this product come out in the future with trying to achieve the same thing.

Have you been to my website, the IS C has been in 7 magazine's and has been all over the US with Lexus and me since SEMA. Hard to do R&D when the IS C is all over the place.
Old 07-26-10, 06:45 PM
mikefate
Lead Lap

i saw the cars this weekend in nj. they are both brilliant in person. i was wayyyyy more impressed seeing them live than in the media.
Old 07-26-10, 06:58 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by Splat
do some research everyone knows there was no tuning done on the car even though artisan said there was. The turbo is only running wastegate pressure and had a water injection kit running on top of it to try and keep it safe.
When my car was first twin turbo'ed there was ZERO tuning available as no one could crack the ECU. I didn't give a crap because I have owned 20 different turbo cars that didn't come for the factory turbo'ed with no tune on them. As long as you keep at car under 6psi your A/F and stock injectors will keep up with no check engine light. The is the facts, period. Done that on Domestic car, Jap cars, etc. As you may know, I had Javad fly up from Miami and we supercharged my IS350C with a Procharger. Javad and my buddy Dave mounted the blower and I did all the intercooler piping and mounted the intecooler myself. I fired the car up and ran like a champ, no check engine light. In Feb I finally had time to put on the dyno, perfect A/F, and gained 73hp at the wheels I believe at 4psi. I put the dyno video and copy of the dyno sheet on a Mustang dyno online that day. Proof is in the putting. Now, I just drove the IS C and IS F back home from NJ from HIN/NOPI this weekend and no check engine light at all. If it was going to come on, it would have already. Sooooo, the moral of the story is, you don't need tuning under 6psi no matter who tells you that you do. They don't know what they are taking about and haven't done it 20 different time on a kinds of makes and model like I have been involved in.

Moving forward, TurboChargers.com had a customer IS F I heard and they used at AEM EMS and cracked the computer. They are selling it for a crazy amount of money I heard. Everyone I knew left because some shady stuff went down. I stay out of it, I'm a customer of TC and my car is just fine at this point and time. I can't say anything bad because the IS F is still running just fine.
Old 07-26-10, 10:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,054 Likes on 2,455 Posts

Sorry, but nobody has cracked the Lexus ECM. Or any Toyota or Scion for that matter. AEM uses GEMS tuning from the UK. I talked to GEMS more than 12 years ago about doing a software "implant" in the Supra ECM, but they needed a car in the UK, and even if they'd've had one, they wouldn't be able to crack Toyota's ECM. They've solved the problem with their own hardware. Want to be a permanent beta tester? Buy an AEM.

I know people in the business of cracking engine management. No one, and I mean NO ONE has done it for Toyota because you can't buy a Toyota software engineer. All the Americans, Germans and the other Japanese, sure, no problem, but not Toyota/Lexus/Scion.
Old 07-27-10, 12:52 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would like to see the fox talk about their supercharged IS-C project
Old 07-27-10, 05:09 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FoxCars
When my car was first twin turbo'ed there was ZERO tuning available as no one could crack the ECU. I didn't give a crap because I have owned 20 different turbo cars that didn't come for the factory turbo'ed with no tune on them. As long as you keep at car under 6psi your A/F and stock injectors will keep up with no check engine light. The is the facts, period. Done that on Domestic car, Jap cars, etc. As you may know, I had Javad fly up from Miami and we supercharged my IS350C with a Procharger. Javad and my buddy Dave mounted the blower and I did all the intercooler piping and mounted the intecooler myself. I fired the car up and ran like a champ, no check engine light. In Feb I finally had time to put on the dyno, perfect A/F, and gained 73hp at the wheels I believe at 4psi. I put the dyno video and copy of the dyno sheet on a Mustang dyno online that day. Proof is in the putting. Now, I just drove the IS C and IS F back home from NJ from HIN/NOPI this weekend and no check engine light at all. If it was going to come on, it would have already. Sooooo, the moral of the story is, you don't need tuning under 6psi no matter who tells you that you do. They don't know what they are taking about and haven't done it 20 different time on a kinds of makes and model like I have been involved in.

Moving forward, TurboChargers.com had a customer IS F I heard and they used at AEM EMS and cracked the computer. They are selling it for a crazy amount of money I heard. Everyone I knew left because some shady stuff went down. I stay out of it, I'm a customer of TC and my car is just fine at this point and time. I can't say anything bad because the IS F is still running just fine.
running 4-6psi is a waste of time. your not in the turbo's efficency range so whats the point?

as for the aem, i am using the piggy back system they offer the FI/C for doing my supercharger project on my is-f. and even that isnt the best option but its the only option.
Old 07-27-10, 12:25 PM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Not bashing you in any way, but you can't really make a generic statement that running 6psi or less is safe on any car. 6psi on a large frame turbo is different than 6psi on a small frame turbo. You can't really use pressure as a benchmark.
Old 07-27-10, 12:33 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pootie
Not bashing you in any way, but you can't really make a generic statement that running 6psi or less is safe on any car. 6psi on a large frame turbo is different than 6psi on a small frame turbo. You can't really use pressure as a benchmark.
its a blanket statement bc you would be in idiot to run a td04 on a v8. once again it comes down to efficiency and what you are looking to do. most v8's are running larger trim turbos (in the gt35 range and higher) so tell me a large trim turbo that is running 4-6psi and is efficient?
Old 07-27-10, 12:44 PM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Splat
its a blanket statement bc you would be in idiot to run a td04 on a v8. once again it comes down to efficiency and what you are looking to do. most v8's are running larger trim turbos (in the gt35 range and higher) so tell me a large trim turbo that is running 4-6psi and is efficient?
Guess I should've quoted fox because I think u think I was talking to you. I was trying to clear up the 6 psi statement he made so others don't get misinformed. Was not in any way questioning what you had stated about efficiency.
Old 07-27-10, 08:34 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Gents,

The bottom line is I do this for a living and have for 13 years. I have been around some of the most talented and knowledgeable car minds their are, and learned a ton. I learned by other people's mistakes, and that is truly how to learn. Things I see with my own eyes and see the results I can say "I know" about just like you would as well. With my experience, If I say it is, it is. I'm not here to BS anyone, anyone's products, or whatever. My reputation and looking at myself in the mirror is worth more then making up things just for the sake of it. Not into the drama thing, if anyone has doubt in what I say, then so be it. I will keep doing my thing, producing cars and next will be a turbo Hybrid Lexus that will gain more MPG and performance. The question is why, and I say, "Why not, someone has to do it." I'm in York, Pa. and if anyone has any doubt and wants to ride, check out the IS F or C, bring it. I'm not scared to show anyone my thoughts on the car, how it runs, how it drives, whatever. Seeing is believing as they say.
Old 07-27-10, 08:35 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by someboy
i would like to see the fox talk about their supercharged IS-C project
what ever you would like to see, I'm here at any time to show you. I don't talk brother, I walk! I don't sell parts so I don't need to BS over some things that are not facts. What benefit would that be??
Old 07-27-10, 08:38 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Sorry, but nobody has cracked the Lexus ECM. Or any Toyota or Scion for that matter. AEM uses GEMS tuning from the UK. I talked to GEMS more than 12 years ago about doing a software "implant" in the Supra ECM, but they needed a car in the UK, and even if they'd've had one, they wouldn't be able to crack Toyota's ECM. They've solved the problem with their own hardware. Want to be a permanent beta tester? Buy an AEM.

I know people in the business of cracking engine management. No one, and I mean NO ONE has done it for Toyota because you can't buy a Toyota software engineer. All the Americans, Germans and the other Japanese, sure, no problem, but not Toyota/Lexus/Scion.
Really...did you talk to the dude from Vegas now that has a twin turbo IS F with the AEM EMS tuned with no check engine light and passed his emissions test? Well I did so I know they tuned it, but that's right, It can't be done..haha. If you want a tuned IS F, then TC is the only company that has done it, and that is a fact.
Old 07-27-10, 08:46 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by FoxCars
Really...did you talk to the dude from Vegas now that has a twin turbo IS F with the AEM EMS tuned with no check engine light and passed his emissions test? Well I did so I know they tuned it, but that's right, It can't be done..haha. If you want a tuned IS F, then TC is the only company that has done it, and that is a fact.
Brian,

The original owner of that ISF from Vegas couldn't make the payments on his car so he no longer owns it. After the car was acquired back, it was sent back out to Texas to fix the issues. It had problems with the oil lines & fittings leaking. I saw the car last year on a lift at the shop, and it was in pretty bad shape. The CEL's were never cleared correctly and the car til this day to my knowledge is still not running correct. I am going to side with loxbuxracer on this as no aftermarket tuner to this date has successfully tuned a Toyota/Lexus ECU after mods. Its so well encrypted, it's impossible to break.

Regardless, congrats on the coverage!

-Ryan

Last edited by flipside909; 07-27-10 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-27-10, 10:37 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Brian,

The original owner of that ISF from Vegas couldn't make the payments on his car so he no longer owns it. After the car was acquired back, it was sent back out to Texas to fix the issues. It had problems with the oil lines & fittings leaking. I saw the car last year on a lift at the shop, and it was in pretty bad shape. The CEL's were never cleared correctly and the car til this day to my knowledge is still not running correct. I am going to side with loxbuxracer on this as no aftermarket tuner to this date has successfully tuned a Toyota/Lexus ECU after mods. Its so well encrypted, it's impossible to break.

Regardless, congrats on the coverage!

-Ryan

I wouldn't say impossible. Close to it, but with enough time, dedication and $$$ anything is possible with computers.

Not disagreeing with your point, just saying.
Old 07-27-10, 10:48 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks to me like someone is talking out of there *** about tuning capabilites with the ISF's ECU.

Quick Reply: 625hp Twin Turbo IS F in Super Street Magazine on Newstands NOW!!