IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

625hp Twin Turbo IS F in Super Street Magazine on Newstands NOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-10, 03:43 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think this thread is going off-topic with questions that have already been answered in earlier threads.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ma-2008-a.html

Brian - I can't wait to see what else you bring to SEMA.
Old 07-28-10, 03:50 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,054 Likes on 2,455 Posts

Originally Posted by FoxCars
Really...did you talk to the dude from Vegas now that has a twin turbo IS F with the AEM EMS tuned with no check engine light and passed his emissions test? Well I did so I know they tuned it, but that's right, It can't be done..haha. If you want a tuned IS F, then TC is the only company that has done it, and that is a fact.
Really. There's no AEM EMS for the IS-F. There are devices which piggyback, but no plug n' play for the OEM ECM and given the security system for the smart key, it's going to be a long time before someone comes up with a PnP solution which allows all other OEM ECUs (like the HVAC) to do their thing without a million errors and a Christmas tree of lights on the dash.

No, Turbochargers.com did not crack the Lexus ECM nor has anyone else. If anyone had, we'd all know about it here.
Old 07-29-10, 12:32 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Really. There's no AEM EMS for the IS-F. There are devices which piggyback, but no plug n' play for the OEM ECM and given the security system for the smart key, it's going to be a long time before someone comes up with a PnP solution which allows all other OEM ECUs (like the HVAC) to do their thing without a million errors and a Christmas tree of lights on the dash.

No, Turbochargers.com did not crack the Lexus ECM nor has anyone else. If anyone had, we'd all know about it here.
YOUR WRONG, call David at TurboChargers.com yourself and talk to him and get the facts straight. Any IS F can get tuned now, they figured it out and there NO lights. Video's are on YouTube.com dude, he showed them to me.
Old 07-29-10, 12:36 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Brian,

The original owner of that ISF from Vegas couldn't make the payments on his car so he no longer owns it. After the car was acquired back, it was sent back out to Texas to fix the issues. It had problems with the oil lines & fittings leaking. I saw the car last year on a lift at the shop, and it was in pretty bad shape. The CEL's were never cleared correctly and the car til this day to my knowledge is still not running correct. I am going to side with loxbuxracer on this as no aftermarket tuner to this date has successfully tuned a Toyota/Lexus ECU after mods. Its so well encrypted, it's impossible to break.

Regardless, congrats on the coverage!

-Ryan
You're 100 percent correct about that car from Vegas, no doubt. That was a hack job to say the least and felt sorry for the guy. David the owner of TurboChargers brought in another guy and he hardwired in a AEM EMS and tuned the car with zero issues. Took them over 2 months to figure out and David would have all those details for anyone who would call. So, someone other then me needs to call David and ask all these questions of concerns, etc.
Old 07-29-10, 12:38 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by vntperform
Looks to me like someone is talking out of there *** about tuning capabilites with the ISF's ECU.
Called David the owner of Turbochargers and you ask his *** then. I don't give a **** really, my car runs and drives perfect at this point with 13,800 miles on it..haha.
Old 07-29-10, 01:08 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Just went to the website. IS-F pics are displaying intermittently but prominently on the home page. Crossing fingers Fox is correct. If not, oh well, there is always the header from Sikky or Elite..
Old 07-29-10, 10:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,054 Likes on 2,455 Posts

YOUR WRONG, call David at TurboChargers.com yourself and talk to him and get the facts straight. Any IS F can get tuned now, they figured it out and there NO lights. Video's are on YouTube.com dude, he showed them to me.
No, I'm not wrong. No aftermarket ECM supports OBDII, so if they really did wire one in, there would NEVER be any lights (or gauges for that matter which is why everyone does piggybacks with Lexus). But whatever, believe what you like. I'm 100% certain they didn't decode the gauge cluster microprocessor and write full custom code to support running the gauges, communicating with the Certification ECU, Body Area Electrical Network, and all the other things ESSENTIAL to even starting the car with an aftermarket ECM.

I'm pretty certain they wired in an AEM F/IC, not a full EMS. Just for giggles I hit up AEM's web site to see which VVTi engines they support with their EMS. Since the count was ZERO, I suspect they've not figured out VVTi, and I doubt even more they've figured out the hydraulic/electric VVTi operation unique to the engine in the IS-F.

Sorry, but you're just not aware of what they can and can't do without spending obscene amounts of money. Cracking the engine management for the F - by modifying the original device or by replacing the ECM with an aftermarket unit isn't going to happen any time soon, if ever. The best possible hope would be an HKS F-Con V, but I don't think it will support our direct and port injectors - not enough drivers for 16 devices. And, oh yeah, GEMS (AEM's hardware supplier) doesn't make an engine management system with 16 injector drivers. You can talk all you like, but the hardware facts don't support your claims.
Old 07-30-10, 05:25 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No, I'm not wrong. No aftermarket ECM supports OBDII, so if they really did wire one in, there would NEVER be any lights (or gauges for that matter which is why everyone does piggybacks with Lexus). But whatever, believe what you like. I'm 100% certain they didn't decode the gauge cluster microprocessor and write full custom code to support running the gauges, communicating with the Certification ECU, Body Area Electrical Network, and all the other things ESSENTIAL to even starting the car with an aftermarket ECM.

I'm pretty certain they wired in an AEM F/IC, not a full EMS. Just for giggles I hit up AEM's web site to see which VVTi engines they support with their EMS. Since the count was ZERO, I suspect they've not figured out VVTi, and I doubt even more they've figured out the hydraulic/electric VVTi operation unique to the engine in the IS-F.

Sorry, but you're just not aware of what they can and can't do without spending obscene amounts of money. Cracking the engine management for the F - by modifying the original device or by replacing the ECM with an aftermarket unit isn't going to happen any time soon, if ever. The best possible hope would be an HKS F-Con V, but I don't think it will support our direct and port injectors - not enough drivers for 16 devices. And, oh yeah, GEMS (AEM's hardware supplier) doesn't make an engine management system with 16 injector drivers. You can talk all you like, but the hardware facts don't support your claims.

And yahtzee someone hit the jackpot. As we know elite fixed a car for turbochargers.com and made what ~100hp more then they could on their own kit. Oh and elite has the adapters to make the AEM FI/C plug and play ask me how i know.

Also i looked into getting a standalone by hydra ems and they said they wont do it bc of the direct injection. and besides motec they make one of the best standalone ems's on the market!!!
Old 07-30-10, 03:48 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

going to borders after work to pick up a copy. congrats!!
Old 08-01-10, 12:23 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sick ride. I'll have to swing by Borders too.
Old 08-02-10, 03:01 AM
boostin50
Driver School Candidate

HAHAHA this cracks me up.... I actually talked to Dave about 2 weeks ago... They are doing NOTHING with the AEM EMS or F/IC... Do you know the difference??? They have a tuning solution... It sucks... I just installed a TT kit from them and had to REWIRE the AEM they sent with it.. And change all the piping they sent me, and send the turbos back cause they sent the wrong ones.... Oh and the AEM going in Splats car is one from Turbochargers that they couldn't get to work!! Works great now that I am done with it!

Brian, why do you talk so much **** all the time. It looks really bad... Show us some dyno charts! I know we made 552 at 7psi WITH tuning! Granted that was 4th gear... It was pry making about 600whp in 6th.....

Give me a month and you will see the first F to break 700whp!! Give me a year! 1000whp! We are well on our way!

So Mr. Fox.... And I Quote! "YOUR WRONG"!!!

I think you all can figure out who this is!

Last edited by boostin50; 08-02-10 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-02-10, 03:10 AM
boostin50
Driver School Candidate

Really...did you talk to the dude from Vegas now that has a twin turbo IS F with the AEM EMS tuned with no check engine light and passed his emissions test? Well I did so I know they tuned it, but that's right, It can't be done..haha. If you want a tuned IS F, then TC is the only company that has done it, and that is a fact.
Umm.... I've done it... If I remember correctly TC called me for help..... Oh yeah thats right.... I NEED whatever you are smokin man!
Old 08-02-10, 03:33 AM
bigbum
Rookie

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!
Old 08-02-10, 06:07 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by boostin50
HAHAHA this cracks me up.... I actually talked to Dave about 2 weeks ago... They are doing NOTHING with the AEM EMS or F/IC... Do you know the difference??? They have a tuning solution... It sucks... I just installed a TT kit from them and had to REWIRE the AEM they sent with it.. And change all the piping they sent me, and send the turbos back cause they sent the wrong ones.... Oh and the AEM going in Splats car is one from Turbochargers that they couldn't get to work!! Works great now that I am done with it!

Brian, why do you talk so much **** all the time. It looks really bad... Show us some dyno charts! I know we made 552 at 7psi WITH tuning! Granted that was 4th gear... It was pry making about 600whp in 6th.....

Give me a month and you will see the first F to break 700whp!! Give me a year! 1000whp! We are well on our way!

So Mr. Fox.... And I Quote! "YOUR WRONG"!!!

I think you all can figure out who this is!

hm...I wonder who this is....LoL
Old 08-04-10, 09:09 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Splat
And yahtzee someone hit the jackpot. As we know elite fixed a car for turbochargers.com and made what ~100hp more then they could on their own kit. Oh and elite has the adapters to make the AEM FI/C plug and play ask me how i know.
Splat, i'd love to see the results and and a report on long term reliability for this!

Quick Reply: 625hp Twin Turbo IS F in Super Street Magazine on Newstands NOW!!