IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

(((___::Hey so My name's ExclusivIS...and well...I'm a WALDaholic!!!::__)))

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-10, 08:07 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I used to live in Chi-town so I know LOL
NYC driving is something you don't not wish upon anyone lowered lol. Potholes everywhere. Crappy paving jobs that leave speedbump size bumps in the middle of the highways. Just not a good time lol
Old 08-24-10, 10:26 PM
Damage
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sickISF
If you lived in NY you would know Exactly what I'm referring to! Lets trade!!
WORD. Godamn bumpy *** roads in NYC.
Old 08-24-10, 11:11 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

this ppl is how you do aggressive, love it or hate it the bar has just been set for this style of modding on a is-f
Old 08-25-10, 01:26 AM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

OMG. I haven't driven my car in 1 month and 3 days due to what I thought was going to look good, but this?!? My car will be ready tomorrow, and when I pick it up, I'm driving straight off a cliff. THX EXCLUSIVE.

Edit: thx for the new background on my mac, iPhone, and pc @work.
Old 08-25-10, 01:33 AM
mou
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the front makes the rear look naked
Old 08-25-10, 06:55 AM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by primecut
FINALLY! Geez man the pix took long enough! It was well worth it! ngl1145 takes some absolutely amazing pictures! Whether people like the kit or not, it's definitely polarizing and gets people talking, so that's a good thing in my book. I think it looks sick as a show car.
Thanks for the compliment on the pictures primecut. I'm glad that I was able to have the opportunity to photograph this beautiful car. It's simply amazing to see it in person as opposed to viewing photographs of the car. Personally I think that its put together very well and the car is absolutely clean. It's great to see someone really taking the next step and setting what is already a rare car even more unique.

Between style, sound, and ride, this car is definitely one that turns heads.

Great job on the car ExclusivIS! It was fun working with you during the shoot. We'll have to do it again when I'm in the area again.
Old 08-25-10, 07:52 AM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Hey ExclusiveIS. Your car with the Wald kit looks GREAT! Like some others, I too was not a fan of the Wald kit for the F when I first saw it come out. Maybe I don't think it looks right on a black car, I dunno. Anyway, seeing it on your car makes it look AMAZING! I LOVE the contrast of dark on the kit against your white car. Is it painted black, or is the kit carbon fiber?

In any case, great job and I especially appreciate someone willing to take risks on modding their car to make it stand out more than the F already does.

If I could change one thing though, it would be the wheels. Don't get me wrong, I like the wheels, but as someone else said, your car was pure elegance before this kit. Now with this kit, your car is VERY aggressive and sporty and I think it needs some wheels that are more that type of style.

The car looks great either way though - just my one comment for improvement (in my opinion).

EDIT: P.S. Any chance I can get a couple of high res shots from the ones originally posted?

Last edited by ilocke; 08-25-10 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-25-10, 10:35 AM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

ngl1145, great job on the pix first and foremost!

Sam, I think there's been enough bash on this thread already so I' gonna get right to the point. I do believe it's easier to pull off such an aggressive kit on a darker F, butttttttt.....all the little things you did with the carbon fiber selective painting and whatnot set it off correctly. The only little thing that is a bit specific to gripe about considering the all the mods done to the car is that the wheels might not be the right fit for the kit. They looked great when your F was mildy modded with a drop. I think it's too elegant on such a aggressive body. Either way man...props Next time you get
ngl1145 to come down, we should do an F shoot!!!
Old 08-25-10, 11:21 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
NYC driving is something you don't not wish upon anyone lowered lol. Potholes everywhere. Crappy paving jobs that leave speedbump size bumps in the middle of the highways. Just not a good time lol
How bout not wished upon anyone AT ALL! lollll

Driving ANY car here-gets it's toll taken out on it. Streets is rough!

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
this ppl is how you do aggressive, love it or hate it the bar has just been set for this style of modding on a is-f
HAHAH

Originally Posted by ngl1145
Thanks for the compliment on the pictures primecut. I'm glad that I was able to have the opportunity to photograph this beautiful car. It's simply amazing to see it in person as opposed to viewing photographs of the car. Personally I think that its put together very well and the car is absolutely clean. It's great to see someone really taking the next step and setting what is already a rare car even more unique.

Great job on the car ExclusivIS! It was fun working with you during the shoot. We'll have to do it again when I'm in the area again.
Thanks again for everything mr. Ngl1145! Def was an eventful photoshoot- between me holding an umbrella over you and your camera half the time-that European MC/DJ dude talking to us outside his music shop about IS-F's-and then getting yelled at and given dirty looks at the garage...all was worth it in the end dontcha think?

Originally Posted by ilocke
Hey ExclusiveIS. Your car with the Wald kit looks GREAT! Like some others, I too was not a fan of the Wald kit for the F when I first saw it come out. Maybe I don't think it looks right on a black car, I dunno. Anyway, seeing it on your car makes it look AMAZING! I LOVE the contrast of dark on the kit against your white car. Is it painted black, or is the kit carbon fiber?

In any case, great job and I especially appreciate someone willing to take risks on modding their car to make it stand out more than the F already does.

If I could change one thing though, it would be the wheels. Don't get me wrong, I like the wheels, but as someone else said, your car was pure elegance before this kit. Now with this kit, your car is VERY aggressive and sporty and I think it needs some wheels that are more that type of style.

The car looks great either way though - just my one comment for improvement (in my opinion).

EDIT: P.S. Any chance I can get a couple of high res shots from the ones originally posted?
Sure I'll see if I can find some to PM over to ya- in regards to your question the front bumper is not full CF only the side gills and the front splitters- however the rear diffuser is full CF and the rear spoiler.

Originally Posted by nysupraman
ngl1145, great job on the pix first and foremost!

Sam, I think there's been enough bash on this thread already so I' gonna get right to the point. I do believe it's easier to pull off such an aggressive kit on a darker F, butttttttt.....all the little things you did with the carbon fiber selective painting and whatnot set it off correctly. The only little thing that is a bit specific to gripe about considering the all the mods done to the car is that the wheels might not be the right fit for the kit. They looked great when your F was mildy modded with a drop. I think it's too elegant on such a aggressive body. Either way man...props Next time you get
ngl1145 to come down, we should do an F shoot!!!
Fasho! That'd be kool.

Man you know I'm always switching up so I'm sure at some point in the near future thing's will be changed. Far as this season goes I'm pleased with all aspects of the car and the "look" it has.

Thanks again everyone for the comments. There is more to come in this thread so keep checking back !
Old 08-26-10, 04:33 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ngl1145

thats what im thinking. usually something like this, photos just dont do it any justice.
Old 08-26-10, 06:35 PM
Rash
hmm

HAHA I love the title change, sounds so lame now.
Old 08-26-10, 09:53 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
HAHA I love the title change, sounds so lame now.
Those of you who caught it early-know what it said....

lame is an understatement now LMAO
Old 08-26-10, 09:54 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

sofa king sick man!
Old 08-27-10, 01:18 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
ExclusivIS, hope you don't mind me using one of your pictures... I've always thought the Wald front kit had potential, but just needs to be "cleaned up" a bit. So I decided to try to find out how it would look. Thought I'd share with the folks here the result:

First version: (Basically the molded look as well as reducing the size of the side vents)

Second version (can you spot the difference?):
Old 08-27-10, 01:45 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

^

Niiiice! Always wanted to see what it looks molded

2nd chop the CF splitters extend themselves a bit. Looks aright I guess? Not something as solid and noticeable as doing the actual mold of the front bumper would be.

Quick Reply: (((___::Hey so My name's ExclusivIS...and well...I'm a WALDaholic!!!::__)))