IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Thief tried to steal my rims!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-10, 07:31 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the alarm going to do? if they get pissed, they will come back and vandalize your car, you should consider renting an indoor garage.
Old 08-25-10, 07:41 PM
sickISF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 516IS
What is the alarm going to do? if they get pissed, they will come back and vandalize your car, you should consider renting an indoor garage.
Well the other part is that I have a side area here that I'm paving this week and putting an iron gate. They can go to hell. They're not getting near my car. It's becoming common in my town and nearby county. These people pop off these locks like nothing was there. My jaw hit the ground when I saw the type of clean job they did. I don't understand what's so special about these rims like people stop me all the time to ask me if i'm selling them. These are similar to the g37 rims like damn.
Old 08-26-10, 07:47 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sickISF
Well the other part is that I have a side area here that I'm paving this week and putting an iron gate. They can go to hell. They're not getting near my car. It's becoming common in my town and nearby county. These people pop off these locks like nothing was there. My jaw hit the ground when I saw the type of clean job they did. I don't understand what's so special about these rims like people stop me all the time to ask me if i'm selling them. These are similar to the g37 rims like damn.
you in nassau right? I hate people like this. Sorry to hear and I hope they dont try this again.
Old 08-26-10, 08:51 AM
sickISF
Driver

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
you in nassau right? I hate people like this. Sorry to hear and I hope they dont try this again.
Nassau yeppp
Old 08-26-10, 09:27 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Gated house with a enclosed garage is always an option (very expensive option).

Sorry to hear about the damage.
Old 08-26-10, 11:17 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, the only difference between the AvantGuard 5.1 and the IntelliGuard 770 is the tilt sensor and remote start, both can be purchased separately. I bought mine from an authorized Clifford dealer, so they installed it for me (it took about 5 hours) and I have lifetime warranty on the installation, I can go back and change settings as needed. Installation is a mess, so you do need an authorized dealer to do it. I paid $370 installed.

Originally Posted by sickISF
I just purchased the Intelliguard and i'm excited. I had to buy the tilt sensor separate. It doesn't come with it. The lady was telling me that only certified people can install it because its not like other systems. They wanted 400 bucks for the install; whereas, another installer told me 150. Any thoughts on this?
Old 08-26-10, 02:11 PM
rida2010
Driver School Candidate

Time for a handgun.
Old 08-26-10, 03:50 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rida2010
Time for a handgun.
Wheels aren't worth prison!
Old 08-26-10, 04:18 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ming15237
You won't go to prison if it's self defense bro.

but I suggest different wheel locks in addition to the alarm. It would be harder for them to steal the rim, and most will probably give up.
Old 08-29-10, 04:12 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Come out with the gun and pop a few shots at the ground. If they pull out to shoot then Its time for some kill shots. On your property they will either run or try to attack. most will run
Old 08-29-10, 10:40 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Initial_K

but I suggest different wheel locks in addition to the alarm. It would be harder for them to steal the rim, and most will probably give up.
LOL stupid advice

Anytime you shoot someone you are in big shiet - self defense for stealing rims? LOL I can tell you are no lawyer!

Please stop giving bad advice or otherwise go try this idea of yours and see what kind of trouble you get into....
Old 08-29-10, 10:48 PM
Secksee
Lead Lap

Garages FTW
Old 08-29-10, 10:50 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by s4play
LOL stupid advice

Anytime you shoot someone you are in big shiet - self defense for stealing rims? LOL I can tell you are no lawyer!

Please stop giving bad advice or otherwise go try this idea of yours and see what kind of trouble you get into....
agreed, not self defense when the other guy is stealing rims and you go shoot him, but if he pulled out a gun on you then its a different story
Old 08-29-10, 11:04 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Sigh.. Sorry to hear. God I hate thieves..
Old 08-29-10, 11:08 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,014 Likes on 2,431 Posts

Originally Posted by rida2010
Time for a handgun.
Originally Posted by Initial_K

Originally Posted by chris6878
Come out with the gun and pop a few shots at the ground. If they pull out to shoot then Its time for some kill shots. On your property they will either run or try to attack. most will run
Maybe reading this thread will enlighten all the cowboys out there.

I don't know about you, but I don't have a $25k criminal defense fund set up to ensure I don't end up in prison because some worthless piece of trash decided to interrupt my life over a set of wheels, a car, or anything else I might possess. I surely don't have hundreds of thousands or even millions to pay to the lifeless piece of trash's family when I am sued for wrongful death. Attack my family or me directly? Different story. But I'm definitely not going to shoot someone over property I have insured against theft.

Quick Reply: Thief tried to steal my rims!!!!