IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A question for iphone 4 users

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-10, 03:04 PM
Dymelos
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question for iphone 4 users

Has anyone else noticed an issue with talking to people with thier phone connected to thier car's bluetooth? I did not have the issue on my 3g (in my 250) or the 3gs in my F now but since I "upgraded" to the iphone 4 I have had issues with my cars bluetooth not being clear or sounding distant or really loud feedback. Anyone else run into the issue? Also my wife has the same issue in her is250 (she has an iphone 4 as well) so I know its not just my phone with the issue. Is the bluetooth reciever replacable?
Old 08-31-10, 03:07 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

I have the iphone 4 synched on my F and it works great...
Old 08-31-10, 04:46 PM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hit and miss for me. Sometime people don't say anything but every now and again I'll get someone that says it sounds terrible...
Old 08-31-10, 05:36 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

In my experience it is a iOS4 issue. My 3GS phone worked perfectly in my car (and with other bluetooth audio interfaces as well) untill I "upgraded" (I use the term loosely) to the iOS4 (from iOS3) and the sound quality went into the toilet. Due to "antenna-gate" Apple has not yet addressed the issue and denies that it exists. Just scan the forums at the Apple website and you will see countless complaints of iPhone 4 and iOS4 users and their bluetooth headsets, in-car hands free, and wireless headphones and speaker systems.

Try deleting the pairing and re-pair the phone to the car, sometimes it can improve a little bit. Owners of Fords with the "Sync" package find that iPhones are almost unusable now. Thanks Apple. FAIL
Old 09-01-10, 09:11 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've gone through all iPhone generations and the worst one in terms of Bluetooth was the 3G, all others worked OK in my F, including my current iPhone 4. I have one contact only who complains about the call quality while I use the iPhone 4 in BT mode (with the F), but I think the issue is her Blackberry, not my phone, all other people are OK with the conversation.
Old 09-01-10, 10:31 AM
eXstasy
Rookie

Hmm. That's strange. I've had no issues at all and I went from the iPhone 3G to iPhone 4. Both seem to work well with the car.

Maybe try deleting the profile and re-pairing the device. If that does not work, cross your fingers and hope that the iOS4.1 update being announced right now somehow fixes it . It does mention updates to Bluetooth.
Old 09-01-10, 08:46 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

I've had issues with mine, but it's a hit or miss...A restart on my phone usually fixed the problem.

If anyone wants to bring any business to AT&T send em my way =). I need to pay off this F some how lol
Old 04-06-11, 08:39 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys - sorry to get a little OT, but does the USB port charge your iPhone when it is plugged in? I am picking up a F on Friday and have a long drive home. I don't want my phone battery to die so need to know if I can just plug in and charge with the USB port or if I need to buy something. Thanks

Jonny
Old 04-06-11, 09:03 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

it should charge any phone or device using usb power and will probably sync ur music as well to the system.
Old 04-06-11, 09:58 AM
rhy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iPhone4 here with a gen6 Nav (2010) and it works great. Loud and clear. The phone will charge when connected to the USB and so will an iPad.

My wife's Prius, on the other hand, has a gen5 Nav (2008) and that sounds a bit weak and distant. Had the same problem on another Prius with gen5 Nav, as well as on a 2009 535i. Can't really tell if it's an iOS issue or a microphone issue, just glad it works fine in the F.
Old 04-06-11, 11:15 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
it should charge any phone or device using usb power and will probably sync ur music as well to the system.
Originally Posted by rhy
iPhone4 here with a gen6 Nav (2010) and it works great. Loud and clear. The phone will charge when connected to the USB and so will an iPad.

My wife's Prius, on the other hand, has a gen5 Nav (2008) and that sounds a bit weak and distant. Had the same problem on another Prius with gen5 Nav, as well as on a 2009 535i. Can't really tell if it's an iOS issue or a microphone issue, just glad it works fine in the F.
Thanks guys So an 08 F will have the capability to charge the phone with the USB cord, but the BT quality may or may not be questionable?

Thanks again,
Jonny
Old 04-06-11, 11:29 AM
rhy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Pretty much. Best bet would be to borrow someone's 3gs phone (or even better, two of them, one running iOS4 and the other an older OS) and see if the problem is still there. With all the weirdness of iOS4, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the problem.
Old 04-07-11, 12:19 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

Mine is sporadic sometimes it works sometimes I get crappy signal but I think its more to do with ATT than with the BT connection.
Old 04-07-11, 07:24 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

I guess right now all I am concerned about is being able to charge my iphone directly through the USB port without having to buy a specific car charger?

Jonny
Old 04-08-11, 03:58 PM
mls08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dx3
Thanks guys So an 08 F will have the capability to charge the phone with the USB cord, but the BT quality may or may not be questionable?

Thanks again,
Jonny
I dont think the 08 has a USB port built in but you can use the cigarette lighter port for a USB charging adapter.

Quick Reply: A question for iphone 4 users