IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Some specific info on SIKKY Header for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-10, 04:40 PM
BB/F
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its hard to say with exhaust manifold gaskets as they are sometimes larger than the port its sealing. But if for some reason, the I.D. of the ports of those gaskets to match the exhaust port perfectly, then there's no way I'd run those headers on my car. At this point, I'm assuming that they don't though.
Old 09-06-10, 04:49 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Then we just have to wait for doublexi as he's attempting to install the header himself then he can take some pictures to see if the gaskets match or not. If they do then looks like we have a lemon header...
Old 09-06-10, 10:15 PM
sickISF
Driver

Are those pictures not of Sikky headers? They clearly represent issues. Those gaskets not lining up only means issues.
Old 09-06-10, 10:23 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sickISF
Are those pictures not of Sikky headers? They clearly represent issues. Those gaskets not lining up only means issues.
They are the sikky headers.
Old 09-07-10, 04:57 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow here we go again with yet another thread created with the underlying intent of bashing/slandering SIKKY. Are these threads necessary!? Aside from the purported claims at this point about quality, lets get the facts straight.

SIKKY headers
1. 39+ whp gains (some will see higher, but I believe my numbers are more realistic)
2. Of all the headers installed by JE/Sikky there have been ZERO fitment issues
3. avg gains of 2/10ths and 3mph with these headers in conjunction with aftermarket exhaust.
4. Ceramic coated mild steel (this was never a secret and I don't know why it's such a big deal now)
5. SIKKY headers are the only finalized and available headers at this point that you can buy today.
6. SIKKY headers have already been shown to make more power than the Elite ones even with the claimed port match issues.
7. The cost is $1295, which is a huge bang for the buck! Mild steel or not, these headers will last a very long time especially with the ceramic coating. The headers are tucked up well into the engine bay so there is no reason they would ever get very wet to do any damage. Would I prefer SS, yes, but for little to no true apparent downsides, these headers deserve a better reputation than what these threads are tying to imply.

Last edited by caymandive; 09-07-10 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-07-10, 06:16 AM
BB/F
Rookie

Originally Posted by sickISF
Not true. What matters is that the exhaust port isnt covered. I'd be very surprised if the gaskets were an exact match to the exhaust port on the cylinder head itself.
Old 09-07-10, 10:43 AM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caymandive
Wow here we go again with yet another thread created with the underlying intent of bashing/slandering SIKKY. Are these threads necessary!? Aside from the purported claims at this point about quality, lets get the facts straight.

SIKKY headers
1. 39+ whp gains (some will see higher, but I believe my numbers are more realistic)
2. Of all the headers installed by JE/Sikky there have been ZERO fitment issues
3. avg gains of 2/10ths and 3mph with these headers in conjunction with aftermarket exhaust.
4. Ceramic coated mild steel (this was never a secret and I don't know why it's such a big deal now)
5. SIKKY headers are the only finalized and available headers at this point that you can buy today.
6. SIKKY headers have already been shown to make more power than the Elite ones even with the claimed port match issues.
7. The cost is $1295, which is a huge bang for the buck! Mild steel or not, these headers will last a very long time especially with the ceramic coating. The headers are tucked up well into the engine bay so there is no reason they would ever get very wet to do any damage. Would I prefer SS, yes, but for little to no true apparent downsides, these headers deserve a better reputation than what these threads are tying to imply.

Caymandive it's not bashing nor slandering SIKKY here. It's a thread for letting everyone know more specific info on the product itself on what they are paying for.

1. 39 whp was made by only on JE/SIKKY's dynopack. Where others that dyno'd elsewhere made 23-25whp.
2. Yes ZERO fitment issues but again only if JE/SIKKY did the installation where others that didn't get JE to install it had issues and that's from other professional's installation.
3. That's good for the 1/4 mile runs u did but IMO for such huge powergains that's not surprisingly impressive especially when u have ran better numbers stock. As I recall your fastest run was 12.4@116mph stock car/stock tires? It's on dragtimes.com. Even weather differences it's not shockingly impressive.
4. Ceramic coated mild steel was not specified by SIKKY, no info to be found on forums nor not specified on his website. It says on his website it's made of the best quality materials...
5. SIKKY is the only finalized header you can buy today and again it's your money if u want them.
6. Can't confirm on SIKKY's making more power then Elites because they were both done on two completely different dyno machines. SIKKY's on Dynopack, Elite's on DynoDynamics.
7. $1295 is a good price but remember add 6-8 hr install+new gaskets/o2 sensors costs. IMO It's still alot of money. It's cheap if you live near baltimore but for us internationals it's way more then 1300. Add all the duties/taxes + shipping the Header itself costs nearly 1500-1600. Also yes Ceramic Coating can last a long time depending on weather conditions but for ppl who live in wet rain/snow bad winter places it's not good...especially if ppl daily their F.

And on top of that reasons why myself and i'm sure there are others are skeptical about SIKKY is because he has not replied at all on the other forum with the customer service issues that Lexusguy/MRISF08 had...IDK if anyone has followed the customer service issue thread on the other F forum but it already has 2500 views, 9 pages 90+ replies and not even 1 single reply from SIKKY...now by the looks of it that's very unprofessional...This situation was sort of like with the K&N typhoon intake where ppl did not make the power but at least K&N addressed the issue. Even though they didn't fix it they still replied to us about it.

This is not bashing because the way I see it this is a forum where everyone has rights to entitle anything they want to. Automotive/modding forums are to share experiences like this to eachother. Good or bad experiences we still should let others know about them.

Last edited by ISF-88; 09-07-10 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-07-10, 10:58 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ISF-88
Caymandive it's not bashing nor slandering SIKKY here. It's a thread for letting everyone know more specific info on the product itself on what they are paying for.

1. 39 whp was made by only on JE/SIKKY's dynopack. Where others that dyno'd elsewhere made 23-25whp.
2. Yes ZERO fitment issues but again only if JE/SIKKY did the installation where others that didn't get JE to install it had issues and that's from other professionals.
3. That's good for the 1/4 mile runs u did but IMO for such huge powergains that's not surprisingly impressive especially when u have ran better numbers stock. As I recall your fastest run was 12.4@116mph stock car/stock tires? It's on dragtimes.com. Even weather differences it's not shockingly impressive.
4. Ceramic coated mild steel was not specified by SIKKY, no info to be found on forums nor not specified on his website. It says on his website it's made of the best quality materials...
5. SIKKY is the only finalized header you can buy today and again it's your money if u want them.
6. Can't confirm on SIKKY's making more power then Elites because they were both done on two completely different dyno machines. SIKKY's on Dynopack, Elite's on DynoDynamics.
7. $1295 is a good price but remember add 6-8 hr install+new gaskets/o2 sensors costs. IMO It's still alot of money. It's cheap if you live near baltimore but for us internationals it's way more then 1300. Add all the duties/taxes + shipping the Header itself costs nearly 1500-1600. Also yes Ceramic Coating can last a long time depending on weather conditions but for ppl who live in wet rain/snow bad winter places it's not good...especially if ppl daily their F.

And on top of that reasons why myself and i'm sure there are others are skeptical about SIKKY is because he has not replied at all on the other forum with the customer service issues that Lexusguy/MRISF08 had...
First I'd like to ask you what your fascination is with SIKKY!? It's like you had a love affair with them and got your heart broke!

1. You are again putting out false information. I made the 39.5whp gains on an independent DYNOJET and 42.5whp on the JE DYNAPACK.

2. It takes a real professional and or considerable time and patience to install these. Again no fitment issues when done properly.

3. Your reply to this clearly shows your lack of understanding with regards to racing and how the weather affects the performance of an engine. Yes it's true I was able to run a 12.4@116 stock, but it was -1043ft Density altitude compared to my +1443ft! Expect a 12.0 or 11.9 this year under the same conditions.

4. I agree SIKKY should have the material they are made of in his item description.

5. Yup!

6. Doesn't matter if they were done on different dyno machines as we aren't interested in peak WHP number, but just the gains. As long as the before/after for each product was done on the same machine the gains will be accurately measured.

7. Your opinion.
Old 09-07-10, 11:28 AM
ISF-88
Pole Position

I edited the end of my post before u replied to it and wrote this.... And on top of that reasons why myself and i'm sure there are others are skeptical about SIKKY is because he has not replied at all on the other forum with the customer service issues that Lexusguy/MRISF08 had...IDK if anyone has followed the customer service issue thread on the other F forum but it already has 2500 views, 9 pages 90+ replies and not even 1 single reply from SIKKY...now by the looks of it that's very unprofessional...This situation was sort of like with the K&N typhoon intake where ppl did not make the power but at least K&N addressed the issue. Even though they didn't fix it they still replied to us about it.

This is not bashing because the way I see it this is a forum where everyone has rights to entitle anything they want to. Automotive/modding forums are to share experiences like this to eachother. Good or bad experiences we still should let others know about them.

Originally Posted by caymandive
First I'd like to ask you what your fascination is with SIKKY!? It's like you had a love affair with them and got your heart broke!

1. You are again putting out false information. I made the 39.5whp gains on an independent DYNOJET and 42.5whp on the JE DYNAPACK.

2. It takes a real professional and or considerable time and patience to install these. Again no fitment issues when done properly.

3. Your reply to this clearly shows your lack of understanding with regards to racing and how the weather affects the performance of an engine. Yes it's true I was able to run a 12.4@116 stock, but it was -1043ft Density altitude compared to my +1443ft! Expect a 12.0 or 11.9 this year under the same conditions.

4. I agree SIKKY should have the material they are made of in his item description.

5. Yup!

6. Doesn't matter if they were done on different dyno machines as we aren't interested in peak WHP number, but just the gains. As long as the before/after for each product was done on the same machine the gains will be accurately measured.

7. Your opinion.
I must admit I did like and wanted the SIKKY headers badly but after researching the issues everyone else was having made me decide to wait. Again that's what these threads are for right?

1. How is it false info? I've already said those members names that didn't make the power so I'm not gonna repeat myself and get them involved again... Do some research on the other F forums and you'll find others did not clearly make the same power you or others did.

2. So your calling those other mechanics with a proper lift and all the tools needed not real professionals??? Now that's ignorant...

3. I know how it affects it...I'm saying its not staggering impressive with the power gains your making...All i know is you better be making 11's as there's already a dct m3 with just intake/exhaust/crank pulleys/chip/DR's that runs 11.8@118 mph...

4. Yup they definitely mislead everyone with their description.. made of "Best quality materials"...

5. Again Yup.

6. Yes that's 100% correct but u did cleary state "SIKKY has already made more power then Elites" as Elite did do a basedyno run before header and after and there was good gains as well.

7. Not only my opinion as it helps others that live in those conditions decide on a mod that would last...

Last edited by ISF-88; 09-07-10 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-07-10, 11:36 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Seeing how 2 of your 3 created threads about SIKKY have been locked down, it should have clued you in by now that what you are doing/implying is uncalled for. Seriously I don't even know why i'm replying to your stupid threads, but I hate to see good shop like JE/SIKKY being made out to be something they are not.

BTW, You will see a response from SIKKY in due time.
Old 09-07-10, 11:46 AM
ISF-88
Pole Position

First I could care less about those threads...they're not even made by me...if you think i'm purposely making these threads to bash on SIKKY then FINE believe as you wish. I could care less about SIKKY or ELITE...If I didn't make this thread to address the community on more specific info on products noone would ever know until when if the product fails few yrs later down the road...

Last edited by ISF-88; 09-07-10 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-07-10, 12:15 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Well I'm done replying to these threads. Numbers and testimonies from customers who had their headers installed by shops that have significant Lexus IS-F experience don't lie and I really don't care what everyone buys for their car. I know the truth about these headers as I've experienced them first hand and have months of time with. Also to put things in perspective for you, 40whp may sound like a lot, but it's still only about a 10% gain so my 2/10ths improvement in the 1/4 is significant.

PS. I apologize for my false statement earlier about other threads you started. You were not the OP, but you were a key player for sure.
Old 09-07-10, 01:54 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

I just don't understand why ISF-88 can't let people know the FACTS on SIKKY'S headers whether good or bad...i think cayman needs to calm down and I THINK SIKKY SHOULD HAVE REPLIED ALREADY TO AT LEAST ONE OF THESE THREADS.....
Old 09-07-10, 03:02 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

What do u expect it's a forum. There will always be bickering, bashing, and ignorant/naive ppl. Some of those ppl just needs to do more research on the product before throwing mad money into it...Even if it gives good power the quality build needs to back it up...

Anyhow Caymandive does make good points about the power gains but he was trying to defend the quality issues on the other forums...From a guy who states this:

"Also guys better watch what you post without getting your facts together first."

What he really needs to do is do his homework before he posts. His facts that he stated about the oem exhaust manifolds being mild steel was wrong..Now common who here actually thinks "Lexus" would use mild steel for the entire oem exhaust system? FYI it's actually made of 409 stainless steel. Then he said a stepped designed header made out of 304 SS stainless steel made by a high end racing JDM company was crap design because it didn't have mandrel bent tubing and it wasn't ceramic coated like how SIKKY's is. Again he clearly didn't do his research and doesn't even know what a step designed header is and little he knew ceramic coated headers are mostly made of lower grade steel...

Read his comments to see for your own eyes...read from this page and beyond.

http://www.lexusfforum.com/forums/sh...?t=3199&page=5

We had our fair share of bickering in this thread...it was actually pretty funny

Caymandive I think you should get your facts straight before you try and defend any of your statements then sounding like a fool...

Last edited by ISF-88; 09-07-10 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-07-10, 04:54 PM
Damage
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't see how providing information on a product means "bashing". It's informing the public and consumers of what they're buying. If everytime someone commented on a product and got called as a "basher", then any manufacturer can produce utter crap and lure unsuspecting buyers into buying their products. If the world ran like that sites like Yelp or ANY other review site would go out of business. Luckily it doesn't and we, the consumers, can get an early insight before purchasing.

And for those that are on Sikky's side trying to justify the poor quality construction of the product with statements akin to, "hey it still works, so what's the big deal?" it's the same as saying, "hey so what if this chair allows me to sit down even if the screws look like they're about to fall out or the stitching on the seams are frayed or there's holes in the fabric". And testimonials from anyone that was an early tester should be disqualified because there's a chance those pieces had more attention and detail put into them during development phase and of course possible bias. It's clear the production pieces sent to people were NOT up to any level of quality.

Quality of a product matters to me..and I'm sure to a lot of people if they're spending over a grand on ANYTHING. I have no brand loyalty. I don't care about Sikky nor Elite. Wherever my money goes, it goes to the better product. As far as Elite, their headers are vaporware since you can't buy it yet.

Last edited by Damage; 09-07-10 at 04:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Some specific info on SIKKY Header for ISF