IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Some specific info on SIKKY Header for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-10, 05:47 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Damage
I don't see how providing information on a product means "bashing". It's informing the public and consumers of what they're buying. If everytime someone commented on a product and got called as a "basher", then any manufacturer can produce utter crap and lure unsuspecting buyers into buying their products. If the world ran like that sites like Yelp or ANY other review site would go out of business. Luckily it doesn't and we, the consumers, can get an early insight before purchasing.

And for those that are on Sikky's side trying to justify the poor quality construction of the product with statements akin to, "hey it still works, so what's the big deal?" it's the same as saying, "hey so what if this chair allows me to sit down even if the screws look like they're about to fall out or the stitching on the seams are frayed or there's holes in the fabric". And testimonials from anyone that was an early tester should be disqualified because there's a chance those pieces had more attention and detail put into them during development phase and of course possible bias. It's clear the production pieces sent to people were NOT up to any level of quality.

Quality of a product matters to me..and I'm sure to a lot of people if they're spending over a grand on ANYTHING. I have no brand loyalty. I don't care about Sikky nor Elite. Wherever my money goes, it goes to the better product. As far as Elite, their headers are vaporware since you can't buy it yet.

Well said! This is what I was trying to tell the public all along but some of them are just too ignorant to listen...

Also to those who don't believe Ceramic coated Headers will not rust on a daily driven car why don't you do some research yourselves and google "rusted Ceramic coated Header pictures" and you'd be surprised how many pictures and threads are on it...

Last edited by ISF-88; 09-07-10 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-07-10, 06:08 PM
BB/F
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISF-88
Well said! This is what I was trying to tell the public all along but some of them are just too ignorant to listen...

Also to those who don't believe Ceramic coated Headers will not rust on a daily driven car why don't you do some research yourselves and google "rusted Ceramic coated Header pictures" and you'd be surprised how many pictures and threads are on it...
Okay, your right. Those who have installed the sikky mild steel ceramic coated headers, take them off and send them back. You can only install stainless headers (make sure you wrap them like racers do) because mild steel wont last and the coating will fall off shortly after you put them on and they will rust off the car. Its on the internet. True Story!

Last edited by BB/F; 09-07-10 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-07-10, 06:44 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

Why snide comments like this bb/f?...this is what we mean
Old 09-07-10, 06:46 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BB/F
Okay, your right. Those who have installed the sikky mild steel ceramic coated headers, take them off and send them back. You can only install stainless headers (make sure you wrap them like racers do) because mild steel wont last and the coating will fall off shortly after you put them on and they will rust off the car. Its on the internet. True Story!

Did I tell others to take them off? No...I'm just warning everyone who "Daily drives" their F that it could happen. Also yes internet can be sarcastic sometimes but these pictures are actually from other car forums and ppl who have experience with ceramic coated headers that do "Daily" drive their cars that most of them shows rust in 2-4 years due to extreme cold weather conditions.

Even in this thread on another forum a member showing some JET HOT Ceramic coated headers rusted and this is on a drag car only which isn't daily driven in Cali after 3 years..Rusted from inside to out.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt...headers-3.html

With this thread I rest my case on CC'd headers rusting.

Now in this thread ppl say the rust will not affect performance and I believe that it won't but if your **** on how they look or you wanted to re sell these headers in the future your going to have to spend some time and money fixing them before presenting them. Also I tell you though Jet Hot ceramic coating isn't cheap. A friend of mine got his v8 header's and Ypipe JET HOT coated inside and out and it costed him 450.00 CAD and that was a discounted price cuz he works at a automotive machine shop.

Anyhow you and Caymandive make it sound like I'm here only to scold SIKKY but honestly I'm not as it's more for helping others with knowledge of the product itself and if it was any other company I would do the same. That's what forums and these types of threads are for...

Believe what u want to believe...

Last edited by ISF-88; 09-08-10 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-07-10, 07:47 PM
BB/F
Rookie

Originally Posted by 08MRISF
Why snide comments like this bb/f?...this is what we mean
Nothing else seems to work. I've brought up the port issue. That didnt really go anywhere other than to where this thread started at.

Is there a chance that the coating on mild steel headers can come off? Yes. It does happen. it happened to me with my LT1. I'm also saying that if these headers are pretty well shrouded by the car and debris from the road doesnt really impact them, they will probably last a very long time.

Its up to the consumer to decide what they want. You want to spend more and get stainless? More power to you. Want to save a bit and get coated mild steel. More power to you. Getting stainless headers isnt the end all to performance parts. Simply saying you shouldnt get the sikkys (or any brand) because they are mild steel is ridiculous.

So now that the chance of the coating coming off in a couple of years horse has been beaten to death, has anyone of you guys been able to verify whether the holes in the flanges of the sikkys actually cover any portion of the exhaust port?
Old 09-07-10, 08:00 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Well I've seen this scenario before and my stand is this: People should be allowed to say what they want to say to include bashing. At the end of the day, I believe that people are intelligent enough to sort for themselves what they want to believe whether true or not.

Go to Youtube and you'll see the Bimmer guys talk about multiple issues on the ISF. One even went as far as telling me to check out the Lexus forums to "find out" for myself the problems with the ISF (Very idiotic). Of course you all heard how a Toyota is called Jap crap and whatever else. Did that change my opinion that I think Toyota is a very reliable car? Well I don't have to answer because you get my point.
Old 09-07-10, 08:12 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BB/F
Nothing else seems to work. I've brought up the port issue. That didnt really go anywhere other than to where this thread started at.

Is there a chance that the coating on mild steel headers can come off? Yes. It does happen. it happened to me with my LT1. I'm also saying that if these headers are pretty well shrouded by the car and debris from the road doesnt really impact them, they will probably last a very long time.

Its up to the consumer to decide what they want. You want to spend more and get stainless? More power to you. Want to save a bit and get coated mild steel. More power to you. Getting stainless headers isnt the end all to performance parts. Simply saying you shouldnt get the sikkys (or any brand) because they are mild steel is ridiculous.

So now that the chance of the coating coming off in a couple of years horse has been beaten to death, has anyone of you guys been able to verify whether the holes in the flanges of the sikkys actually cover any portion of the exhaust port?

See BB/F at least u admit to it that rust can happen. But to some others that have doubts and thought ceramic coating is superior to rust would just listen once or even do their own research and then I wouldn't have to post and show proof on the rust issues with CC headers that don't need proof showing...It doesn't take a genius to know mild steel will rust. Just some of you out there doubted it...This is why these types of arguments happen because of their ignorance...

Nope noone has verified about the gaskets matching the ports on the head itself. We could ask Elite if he took any pictures of the exhaust ports since he has lifted the ISF's engine out before while building the motor. IDK just a thought.
Old 09-07-10, 08:25 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Guys, posting your opinion about a product is fine unless you use the forum as some sort of personal stage to say the same things over and over. We'll ask you not to post about that topic if that becomes an issue or an obvious 'campaign'.

Informed discussion, research and observation are great tools for our members to learn about modifications and their associated pros/cons. Of course I personally would recommend members weigh the opinions of members who actually own and have hands-on experience with the product more heavily.

Making personal comments about other members who may disagree with your point of view also cause significant issues and get good discussion threads closed. ISF-88 you have made a few of those comments and I'll ask you to exit this thread now.