IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Finally been ISF'd

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-10, 04:59 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
Whats SO FUNNY is YOU BOUGHT the car I called about on AUG 31st ! and now its posted on here 9 days later...LOL - wow how ironic!

So ironic...I was going to go there and most likely buy that same car ...but called and they said it had just been sold

So LEXUS of Queens should thank you so much because I also just picked up a 2010 ISF on Aug 31st in the same color (LOVE that USB!) because the one at Bobby Rahal was sold...

Congrats man and ,..Im actually so excited about my new 2010, Im kinda glad you bought that one.
but welcome to the F
Im still learning mine ...its the car Toyota should have built YEARS ago!
Thanks. Wow what a small world. I had put a hold payment on it like 2 days before you called. I guess lucky I did cause definitely a new one was out of the question on my budget.

Congrats on the new car. I love the look of the new all black navi setup and the new voice control is awesome so much better than the 08.

Definitely loving it though. Can't get over the sound of the V8. Everytime I need to make a pass on the highway I down shift to 4th just so I can hear it.
Old 09-10-10, 05:03 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cali2is
Nice ride... May need to invest in a good radar detector.
Haha I have one already and still seem to average about 1 a year which definitely doesn't help my insurance rate any. Might need to invest in a laser jammer and built in radar detector for the F as I am sure its not going to help the situation.
Old 09-10-10, 05:12 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WReuroR
Haha I have one already and still seem to average about 1 a year which definitely doesn't help my insurance rate any. Might need to invest in a laser jammer and built in radar detector for the F as I am sure its not going to help the situation.
Whats a good laser jammer, you recommend? They have opened the flood gates for the use of lasers due to a guilty ruling a judge here near chicago made about a month ago and then i got my first laser ticket!
Old 09-10-10, 05:40 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Whats a good laser jammer, you recommend? They have opened the flood gates for the use of lasers due to a guilty ruling a judge here near chicago made about a month ago and then i got my first laser ticket!
Not sure yet but just how quickly this car gets over the speed limit gives cause for concern and thus my possible interest. Haven't started looking into them yet but probably will soon.
Old 09-10-10, 06:32 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! She's gorgeous, looking forward to see her modded!
Old 09-10-10, 07:00 AM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice, where in PA are you?

I saw a red ISF on route 15 about 20 minutes south of Bobby Rahal.
Old 09-10-10, 07:03 AM
Eldr1dgE
Driver

haha..congrats on the new ride..i recognized your other car because i'm also on acurazine and tsxclub with my 06 tsx..so you jumped ship huh??..haha jk..i don't think your gonna last without modding the f once you realize how the f can look with some nice mods..
Old 09-10-10, 07:20 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Originally Posted by testmetest
Nice, where in PA are you?

I saw a red ISF on route 15 about 20 minutes south of Bobby Rahal.
From the central PA area although currently living in Charlotte, NC working a Co-op that hopefully might turn into a full time position.
Old 09-10-10, 07:22 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Originally Posted by Eldr1dgE
haha..congrats on the new ride..i recognized your other car because i'm also on acurazine and tsxclub with my 06 tsx..so you jumped ship huh??..haha jk..i don't think your gonna last without modding the f once you realize how the f can look with some nice mods..
Thanks. Nah no jumping ship but rather gaining another haha. Yeah I have already seen how nice they can look and I love it. Only problem is mods for the F cost about 4x as much as the TSX and thats counting having been importing lots of high end JDM parts for the TSX. 10-15k invested on a TSX would buy a ton of mods however on an F from my calculation it would buy very little. Not that I plan to put that much into the F in the first place.
Old 09-10-10, 07:25 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

haha just wait till the mod bug bites! Have you heard an IS-F with an exhaust???
Old 09-10-10, 08:03 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
haha just wait till the mod bug bites! Have you heard an IS-F with an exhaust???
In videos numerous times and it already makes me want one. However I have not heard one in person yet which I am sure will make it even worse. Crossing fingers I can at least make it through 2010 without doing anything besides the NAV box since I hate not being able to have a passenger enter direction while moving or to use track listing while driving.
Old 09-10-10, 08:08 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the Club....
Old 09-10-10, 08:24 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Wait till you take a ride in one with an exhaust haha
Old 09-10-10, 08:55 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome and beautiful car. just so you know and I'm not sure if its taken care of already, the rear wheels are on the opposite side from the pictures. just sayin before joe takes a look at this thread.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 09-10-10 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-10-10, 09:38 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
welcome and beautiful car. just so you know and I'm not sure if its taken care of already, the rear wheels are on the opposite side from the pictures. just sayin before joe takes a look at this thread.
Too late... I saw the thread!!!

Congrats on your IS-F purchase...

I love mine as a daily driver as well.
However, keep in mind that its not the best daily for when it snows in PA...

Now moving onto the Rear wheels.

The are mounted on the wrong side.
So when you have a chance go back to the dealership and have them correct the problem.
(or you can do it)

Each wheel is specific to: FL, FR, RL & RR

Also, just before they do a simple swap, make sure you do not have directional tires.
Otherwise they will need to do a dismount, remount & rebalance of tires.

Best Regards,

Joe Z

Quick Reply: Finally been ISF'd