Finally been ISF'd

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-10, 10:02 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice ride. Welcome to rear wheel drive!

Good catch Joe Z

EDIT: I just finished going through your build thread on the TSX. That thing is no joke, nice work. You weren't kidding when you said the mod bug hit you! Love the supercharger, 2 piece rotors, etc. I guess you REALLY wanted a black interior, I can't believe when you went through to get that. Any mods to the transmission/differential? High performance torque converter or LSD?

Last edited by UCrazyKid; 09-10-10 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-10-10, 10:05 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats CC...
Old 09-10-10, 11:25 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Too late... I saw the thread!!!

Congrats on your IS-F purchase...

I love mine as a daily driver as well.
However, keep in mind that its not the best daily for when it snows in PA...

Now moving onto the Rear wheels.

The are mounted on the wrong side.
So when you have a chance go back to the dealership and have them correct the problem.
(or you can do it)

Each wheel is specific to: FL, FR, RL & RR

Also, just before they do a simple swap, make sure you do not have directional tires.
Otherwise they will need to do a dismount, remount & rebalance of tires.

Best Regards,

Joe Z
Haha I saw your post in someone else's thread with pictures and was like I hope he doesn't see mine. I had no idea though until I read your post before about it. I called the dealer and they said they will do it for free since its CPO and they didn't realize it. How bad is it to leave it be though cause I won't be back home till November and don't really want to pay another place to do it.

I normally can tell whether not a tire is directional but this one is throwing me for a curve ball. I think they are based on the outside edge tread but I am not positive. They are Continental ContiSportContacts.

Yeah it won't be the best in the PA winter but I am hoping with a decent set of snow tires it will get me through the winter. Will definitely have to change my winter driving habits though coming from driving a 3/4 ton suburban for the last 3 winters.
Old 09-10-10, 11:29 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

WHOA nice TSX! Congrats on the ISF!
Old 09-10-10, 11:30 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
Nice ride. Welcome to rear wheel drive!

Good catch Joe Z

EDIT: I just finished going through your build thread on the TSX. That thing is no joke, nice work. You weren't kidding when you said the mod bug hit you! Love the supercharger, 2 piece rotors, etc. I guess you REALLY wanted a black interior, I can't believe when you went through to get that. Any mods to the transmission/differential? High performance torque converter or LSD?
Yeah its been a heck of a lot of work but so enjoyable.

Yeah I ended up hating the grey interior after a while and really wanted black to match the authentic euro r accord front and rear seats. That interior swap was one of the most enjoyable things I did on the car since there was so much involved in doing it.

The mod bug not only bit cause of wanting to continually change the car but even more so because I love doing the work myself. I gotta say that is more of a fear for my start to modding than anything.

Nothing done transmission wise yet. I was planning on increasing the boost on the charger this summer until the Kpro for the TSX was pulled from the market for idle issues. I actually rather than building the transmission want to do an MT swap instead.
Old 09-10-10, 11:32 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by WReuroR
Haha I saw your post in someone else's thread with pictures and was like I hope he doesn't see mine. I had no idea though until I read your post before about it. I called the dealer and they said they will do it for free since its CPO and they didn't realize it. How bad is it to leave it be though cause I won't be back home till November and don't really want to pay another place to do it.

I normally can tell whether not a tire is directional but this one is throwing me for a curve ball. I think they are based on the outside edge tread but I am not positive. They are Continental ContiSportContacts.

Yeah it won't be the best in the PA winter but I am hoping with a decent set of snow tires it will get me through the winter. Will definitely have to change my winter driving habits though coming from driving a 3/4 ton suburban for the last 3 winters.
No worries... We are ALL here to help!!!

As long as there isn't a Directional Arrow rolling forward, you should be able to just flip the wheels & tires as is...

Use the Acura for the snow days... j/k

Joe Z
Old 09-10-10, 11:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,401 Posts

WR, if you don't have the stuff or a good spot to do it in town (and don't want to break out the OEM tire change stuff) next week you can swing by the house and do it here.

Or if you're in town this weekend and bored, can head down to Carolina Motorsports Park in SC (about 1.15 drive from uptown) where we'll be at the Porsche Club DE and we can do it there. I'll need to figure out what size socket you'll need - don't think it is the same as my wife's M3.

This assumes you don't need to flip the tires.
Old 09-10-10, 06:18 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,062 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
WR, if you don't have the stuff or a good spot to do it in town (and don't want to break out the OEM tire change stuff) next week you can swing by the house and do it here.

Or if you're in town this weekend and bored, can head down to Carolina Motorsports Park in SC (about 1.15 drive from uptown) where we'll be at the Porsche Club DE and we can do it there. I'll need to figure out what size socket you'll need - don't think it is the same as my wife's M3.

It's a 21mm. Definitely NOT the same as the M3. AMHIK.
Old 09-10-10, 06:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Thanks L, I've got a 21 mm, but not a deep one.
Old 09-10-10, 07:39 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

congrats. great choice in color!!!
Old 09-11-10, 09:24 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks L, I've got a 21 mm, but not a deep one.
It's doesn't need to be deep.... There is a short 21 in the trunk..

Joe Z
Old 09-11-10, 02:55 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Thank you very much, I appreciate the offer for help from someone local. I have the stuff to do it just have to find the time. I checked the tires and they are not directional luckily. I was going to do it this morning and then it rained so the cars all wet so just going to wait and hope it dries up this afternoon or tomorrow.
Old 09-11-10, 06:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,062 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
It's doesn't need to be deep.... There is a short 21 in the trunk..

Joe Z
+1. I don't have or need a 21 deep for the OEM lugs.
Old 09-14-10, 08:35 PM
Eurosport
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats looks great
Old 09-15-10, 04:52 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. Do you live in Mechanicsburg?

Quick Reply: Finally been ISF'd