IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is it me...or is anyone else wondering about DrMike's Deal!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-10, 03:39 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it me...or is anyone else wondering about DrMike's Deal!?!?

What happened with DrMike's $40,000 sketchy deal and the dude in Los Angeles?...I am DYING to know.

Last edited by DexRox512; 09-16-10 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-18-10, 02:33 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm quite anxious myself to know how things went.
Old 09-18-10, 02:43 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.revscene.net/forums/anybo...y-t624241.html
Old 09-18-10, 05:48 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

To be honest, I think it's such a joke to hand that much money to anyone including a family friend without verifying, checking, and then re-verifying, that I have no interest in knowing the conclusion. This is one those "common sense lessons" that you should already have by this day and age, therefore his experience serves no interest to me.
Old 09-18-10, 06:58 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys want to know something crazy

This is from the previous thread -

"I private messaged his fiance's brother Nakhon Romeo aka Laos Romeo on Facebook as well asking if he could see what is going on since it says he works at the shop and gets cars for people too. He never responded but told Anthony about it and they had a laugh about it together."
Nakhon Romeo (Laos Romeo) - I've known that guy for years. I'm facebook friends with him. We used to play this online game called gunbound together. This was years ago back during my high school days.

I used to be rank 21 (well it hovered between 18 and 21) in the entire game (blue dragon rank). Good times. Nakhon made it to ruby wand but nothing after that. Before anybody scolds me for having no life during my high school years -

1) You're probably right, I didn't have a life

but

2) I did not achieve a blue dragon rank in that game by purely legitimate means. A lot of my experience was gained from "botting" whereby a program automatically started games and had my opponent "dummy" account auto-suicide each game.

Nakhon has a picture of an ultrasonic blue ISF in one of his albums, but he's had that for many many months.

I wish I could help you out but to be brutally honest, I haven't actually spoken to nakhon in years. Neither he nor I play that game gunbound anymore. I'll be damned if I have any time to play any games anymore these days anyway, given that I'm in medical school at the moment.

It's just amazing what a small world it is.

Since I am on Nakhon's email list, he'll periodically send me (well, he'll send all of his contacts) message to join various social networks. For example -

That's from my inbox (I left my email address out, for privacy reasons).

The reason why I show you that is this - it gives you his (likely) real name, Nakhon Phanouvong. Knowledge of that last name, Phanouvong, might be helpful to you. You look at the picture of that guy Anthony Espinosa, does he really look like an Anthony Espinosa to you? I'd wager that Anthony Espinosa (particularly "Espinosa") is simply a fake name used to keep his privacy.

I don't know how useful this will be, but hey, at least it's another piece of information.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you (I doubt it but I'll try). Bear in mind that I haven't spoken to nakhon in years. We were simply "gunbound" pals online (and later we added each other on facebook many many years back).
Old 09-18-10, 07:06 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

"I private messaged his fiance's brother Nakhon Romeo aka Laos Romeo on Facebook as well asking if he could see what is going on since it says he works at the shop and gets cars for people too. He never responded but told Anthony about it and they had a laugh about it together."

-thats messed up!
Old 09-18-10, 11:48 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

guy is retarded for giving anyone money and hope they will do as promised. TRUST NO ONE when money is involved.

I bought a car out of state guy had the title wanted me to overnight my check and he'll send the title. I was sure the guy was legit however i trust no one and actually had my mom (who was visiting family close by) hand him my check and get the title.

To give someone 40k in cash just asking for trouble.
Old 09-19-10, 03:20 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Dr.Mike was either a troll, or one of the MOST naive persons to ever figure out how to spell their own name. If you read any of the post on this other site (I will advance warn you it is a further waste of your time) you will discover that the he has continued with the feet dragging style he reported to the CL forums. Several ppl have extended their hands some via legal means to assist this individual in recouping his money and never received any information from this "Dr.Mike". I can tell you all from my past experiences IF this was legitimate the authorities would have told this individual (Dr.Mike) to 1. Handover ALL information which he has, and discontinue ALL contact with him, and 2. Keep your MOUTH SHUT about EVERYTHING pertaining to the case. Not go onto every web site available and blab about how STUPID you were... People I hate to inform you but as stated earlier, this is a STORY, NOTHING ELSE! No "reasonable and prudent" individual would act in this manner. You have been LIED TOO !!!
Old 09-20-10, 12:41 AM
drmike
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ming15237
Dr.Mike was either a troll, or one of the MOST naive persons to ever figure out how to spell their own name. If you read any of the post on this other site (I will advance warn you it is a further waste of your time) you will discover that the he has continued with the feet dragging style he reported to the CL forums. Several ppl have extended their hands some via legal means to assist this individual in recouping his money and never received any information from this "Dr.Mike". I can tell you all from my past experiences IF this was legitimate the authorities would have told this individual (Dr.Mike) to 1. Handover ALL information which he has, and discontinue ALL contact with him, and 2. Keep your MOUTH SHUT about EVERYTHING pertaining to the case. Not go onto every web site available and blab about how STUPID you were... People I hate to inform you but as stated earlier, this is a STORY, NOTHING ELSE! No "reasonable and prudent" individual would act in this manner. You have been LIED TOO !!!
Wow, I found this thread from googling the link to the revscene thread.

I have not been dragging my feet. This isn't TV where you call the cops and they freeze peoples' assets right away. This idiot is still in LA doing who knows what. He's probably hiding out from all the other people he scammed. Turns out he scammed somebody else in Hawaii 6 months ago for $7K and that person is finally going to sue him. He and I have been in touch and our stories are almost identical.

Like I stated in my previous thread on here and the revscene thread I only post what I can. I posted my previous thread on here to get help identifying if he sent me fraudulent photos. Then I started responding to peoples questions and the thread got huge. I posted on Revscene asking if anybody else has been burned by him and that thread got huge from me answering questions. I'm not posting about this on all the car forums. I posted on Supraforums in my thread where I told them I sold my Supra and somebody mentioned to check revscene.

People have offered their help and I have PM'd all of them back. Why do you say they haven't heard from me? Because I didn't quote them and say "PM'd you" ? Only one of those people actually responded after I PM'd them. Others have just PM'd me without posting in the thread.

His real name is Anthony Espinosa. A lot of Filipino people have Spanish last names. His alias is Anthony Wong when doing business.

Yes I am retarded for not doing more research on the guy before handing over the money and now I'm paying the price but I'm not going to let this go like his past victims.

It appears I am dragging my feet because I'm not giving every detail of what I've been doing. He reads that other thread or his friends report to him about it.

I stopped initiating contact with him a while ago but he keeps emailing me with fake updates. His latest story is that the seller might be scamming him because this imaginary person named Justin Howard keeps giving him the run around.

This is a slow process but for this amount of money I need to go about it the right way. I know "blabbing" about it on a couple forums isn't the right way but hopefully I haven't said anything that would ruin my case. I'm sure a judge or jury would expect me to be angry but I haven't threatened him with any physical violence.

I thought he would have been home by now but he probably spent all the money and can't afford to fly home now.

Anyway, if you want updates PM me or check revscene but I won't be updating that thread with anything useful until this is over. I am tired of Anthony's BS stories just as much as you guys are tired of me not giving you any juicy details.

Thanks x a billion to the person who posted Nakhon's last name!!! I knew Sunytha Ly was not her real name. This is a huge piece of info.
Old 09-20-10, 12:57 AM
drmike
Driver School Candidate

Oh one more thing for ****s and giggles. Not sure if I showed you guys the second set of fake pictures he sent me but here is the 3rd set. Anybody know the owner of this car? One of the signs says Prestige PL but I believe that is in the Bay Area and he swears this is around LA. The EXIF data says they were taken in May and June of 2009 though.

Old 09-20-10, 03:18 AM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Trying to read the street signs....
Old 09-20-10, 03:50 AM
Kenji07250
Driver

really wish you luck on the search man. Hopefully you can get some money back and down for a brand new IS-F maybe?
Old 09-20-10, 07:54 AM
drmike
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kenji07250
really wish you luck on the search man. Hopefully you can get some money back and down for a brand new IS-F maybe?
Thanks. That would be pretty awesome or maybe prices of 08's will have gone down a bit by the time this is over.
Old 09-20-10, 09:03 AM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

Well the last pic you posted is definitely San Francisco. It is on Van Ness street which is a pretty large/busy street in the City. The car is actually parked across the street from where by bro's ortho is.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2081+v...ed=0CBMQ8gEwAA

^^ go to street view and rotate it a bit and you can see the exact same trees and building as the last pic

Last edited by daniel3ooo; 09-20-10 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-20-10, 09:32 AM
drmike
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by daniel3ooo
Well the last pic you posted is definitely San Francisco. It is on Van Ness street which is a pretty large/busy street in the City. The car is actually parked across the street from where by bro's ortho is.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2081+v...ed=0CBMQ8gEwAA

^^ go to street view and rotate it a bit and you can see the exact same trees and building as the last pic
Wow, thanks for the tip!

The ISF was parked where the CRX is circled. More proof for me to bring up next time he contacts me. He'll probably say he sent me the wrong pictures by mistake for the 4th time and that he'll get me the real ones ASAP.

Last edited by drmike; 09-20-10 at 10:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Is it me...or is anyone else wondering about DrMike's Deal!?!?