IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What are most people getting 0-60 and 1/4 mile?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-10, 09:01 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what's amazing is that the new 911turbo does 0-60 in like 2.9 seconds!!! The time it takes me to do 45 a 911 is doing 60!!! That's like getting killed in the first couple seconds of a race! If you really wanna race people from a dig, why don't you just get a 911 turbo and call it a day?

Last edited by ToothDoc; 09-30-10 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-30-10, 09:09 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
Here's a 0-60 run. Street form with spare tire and everything and street tires with the stock 19" PS2s. On a hot day, it'll get 4.6 or so. If I had drag radials, it'll probably be a touch quicker - I'm getting some slippage in 1st gear.
4.3 seconds, huh? That's great.. So close to the CTS-V.. In fact, I'm pretty sure most people don't get the 3.9 that professional drivers get. Then again, most people probably aren't getting that 4.3 either.. I really have to wonder what the next IS-F is going to be like...

You know what's amazing is that the new 911turbo does 0-60 in like 2.9 seconds!!! The time it takes me to do 45 a 911 is doing 60!!! That's like getting killed in the first couple seconds of a race! If you really wanna race people from a dig, why don't you just get a 911 turbo and call it a day?
I'm really into sleepers. I had a Vette and it was never impressive winning a race with it. It was assumed that you were going to win. And if you lost, you looked really bad. I'd rather surprise people. 2.9 seconds is hilarious, actually.
Old 10-01-10, 12:37 PM
PHXF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
I'm really into sleepers. I had a Vette and it was never impressive winning a race with it. It was assumed that you were going to win. And if you lost, you looked really bad. I'd rather surprise people. 2.9 seconds is hilarious, actually.
Well, I'm not sure you will ever really surprise anyone who knows anything about cars in an IS-F or a 335i...the F being a V8 with quad exhaust tips, hood bulges, big hips and fat tires...the 335i carrying dual exhaust and a reputation for being easily modded to much-faster-than-stock speeds.

If you want to surprise people, you should mod a buick or town car or something.
Old 10-01-10, 03:31 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PHXF
Well, I'm not sure you will ever really surprise anyone who knows anything about cars in an IS-F or a 335i...the F being a V8 with quad exhaust tips, hood bulges, big hips and fat tires...the 335i carrying dual exhaust and a reputation for being easily modded to much-faster-than-stock speeds.

If you want to surprise people, you should mod a buick or town car or something.
Interestingly enough, in my experiences, the F is a sleeper; not in a traditional sense, but in the fact that its still so obscure and esoteric. Most people I've encountered with limited knowledge of the car, guess a V6 (without hearing it), and don't really make a connection with the aesthetic details. Lexus has a very definitive reputation about them, and even in the case of the F, once casual onlookers notice the L emblem, speed becomes less of what they equate it with.

I don't know how many people have asked me what the "F" stands for, or if I've added it to the car...which usually comes after they see the exhaust and curiously try to identify it.
Old 10-01-10, 03:38 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Most people still don't know what a CTS-V is yet... My car is boring looking compared to the V and F.
Old 10-01-10, 03:41 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You know what's amazing is that the new 911turbo does 0-60 in like 2.9 seconds!!!
i dont think a normal person can get those times thou... like the carreraGT not many ppl can get those stated times hell like any uber supercar most ppl will just sit n spin the tires...
Old 10-01-10, 06:50 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
i dont think a normal person can get those times thou... like the carreraGT not many ppl can get those stated times hell like any uber supercar most ppl will just sit n spin the tires...
911 TT has launch control and DCT. There is nothing to do but mash the gas and pop the gears. No left foot. Just right foot. Also, being AWD, there isn't much wheelspin if any.
Old 10-01-10, 07:03 PM
mr2fast
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

911 TT has launch control and DCT. There is nothing to do but mash the gas and pop the gears. No left foot. Just right foot. Also, being AWD, there isn't much wheelspin if any.
it's also a rear-engine coupe that costs over 2X as much as a fully loaded F.
Old 10-07-10, 12:49 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

To the OP, I don't understand how you can be walking ISFs if you ran a 12.9 (modded) and are hoping to be into 11s but realistically are expecting low 12s with future mods. So basically right now the future mods are non existent, and ISFs are into 12s in stock form. Also the 335's advantage is from the dig, so if you're talking about rolling pulls then the ISF will be stronger and pull on you. CJ (MRxSLAYx) has videos where he's pulling strong on a JB3 335, and it was before having N02, so only mods at the time were 2nd cat and muffler delete plus intake pipe (JoeZ).

Most of the time the ISF is a sleeper (80% of the people are car ignorants, and even those that think they know everything about cars, fail to know about the ISF). When I go to the track most of the people are not interested in racing me because (and they say it) my car is an IS250 with a body kit. Once I make a pass and beat fast cars, they start asking about my car and what mods I have. They can't believe there is a V8 under the hood.
Old 10-07-10, 01:12 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Juanca
To the OP, I don't understand how you can be walking ISFs if you ran a 12.9 (modded) and are hoping to be into 11s but realistically are expecting low 12s with future mods. So basically right now the future mods are non existent, and ISFs are into 12s in stock form. Also the 335's advantage is from the dig, so if you're talking about rolling pulls then the ISF will be stronger and pull on you. CJ (MRxSLAYx) has videos where he's pulling strong on a JB3 335, and it was before having N02, so only mods at the time were 2nd cat and muffler delete plus intake pipe (JoeZ).

Most of the time the ISF is a sleeper (80% of the people are car ignorants, and even those that think they know everything about cars, fail to know about the ISF). When I go to the track most of the people are not interested in racing me because (and they say it) my car is an IS250 with a body kit. Once I make a pass and beat fast cars, they start asking about my car and what mods I have. They can't believe there is a V8 under the hood.
My 12.9 (first run ever) was three months ago. I only had a tune (which has also been upgraded since then) and a dual cone intake. I haven't run my car since then but most 335i owners with modifications like mine are running in the high 11s or low 12s - depending on their methanol/water mixture...
Old 10-07-10, 02:40 PM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
My 12.9 (first run ever) was three months ago. I only had a tune (which has also been upgraded since then) and a dual cone intake. I haven't run my car since then but most 335i owners with modifications like mine are running in the high 11s or low 12s - depending on their methanol/water mixture...
The man speaks the truth...if he has JB3 on a high map, downpipes, and an exhaust I wouldn't want to run up against him in a race ......especially now if hes running meth...most ISFs out there are bone stock so I am def not surprised that he has walked a few
Old 10-07-10, 03:45 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

To me, the nicest thing about the 335i is the fact that for a few hundred dollars and 30 minutes under the hood, you can keep up with the domestic 400 horsepower cars (SRT8s, Camaro SSs and 5.0 Mustangs) without making the car any louder and getting even better gas mileage while you're just driving around normally. With the most popular tunes (JB3 and Procede), you get 2 miles per gallon extra during normal driving and 2 miles per gallon less while racing. It's pretty cool.. The car drives like stock with more pep. That's it.

It's great to hear that the IS-F is holding up well with nitrous. The interior inside the IS is so much nicer than the 3-Series - which is where I spend most of my time - inside the car. I'm really curious about what's next for the IS-F..
Old 10-08-10, 07:33 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

I wouldnt consider a bone stock srt8 to be anything to worry about, and I drive an is350. I've beaten the pants off those guys...they cant believe it.
Old 10-09-10, 06:36 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

my best was 12.8@112 pre headers and on OEM tires, now that its cooler and I have wider tires and more power I expect to do better.
Old 10-09-10, 08:29 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by infinus
my best was 12.8@112 pre headers and on OEM tires, now that its cooler and I have wider tires and more power I expect to do better.
You absolutely will do better with the headers and cooler weather. Last night with a Density Altitude of -10ft or practically sea level I did a 12.1@116. When it gets colder later in the season I am certain the IS-F will be a 11 second car Naturally aspirated with just exhaust.

Quick Reply: What are most people getting 0-60 and 1/4 mile?