IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What are most people getting 0-60 and 1/4 mile?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-10, 03:05 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What are most people getting 0-60 and 1/4 mile?

Yeah, I've been walking you IS-F owners here in South Florida with my modified 335i for awhile now. Too bad you really can't do much to modify the IS-F.. (Or can you? If so, tell me...) At any rate, I'm getting kind of bored with the whole "modification" thing and I've owned a few Lexus vehicles before. I do love Lexus.. I've owned an '05 LS430, a '00 RX300 and bought a '10 RX350 for my wife last year...

So.. I'm thinking of buying an IS-F to replace my 335i. The magazines get all different numbers. What are YOU guys getting? I miss the nice interior of Lexus vehicles. The BMW interior isn't cheap by any means - but it's boring as ***...
Old 09-29-10, 03:22 PM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got 13.09 @ 109mph on my bone stock ISF with hankook v12 tires on about 1/2 tank of gas

I use to have a 335i Coupe fully loaded auto with JB+ 100% with 95-96oct 1/2 tank and ran 13.24 @ 106 mph

And yes the options you have for modding your ISF are about 10% of the options you'd have for the 335i, which is good and bad IMO as I won't be spending as much money modding the ISF since theres basically nothing out there LOL
Old 09-29-10, 03:35 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. That JB+ is really something for a two minute modification that costs practically nothing. I had one before I upgraded to JB3. The JB3 alone breaks you into the 12s.
Old 09-30-10, 08:45 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

here are some parts for performance u can install or get done right now.
exhaust
headers
intake
ported manifold
NOS

coming soon supercharger! look up elite autosport
Old 09-30-10, 10:08 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

I should probably wait for the second generation IS-F but if a supercharger were to come out, that would really be tempting.

Are the mods you listed okay with the warranty? That's partially what I'm trying to get away from with the BMW. Also - do the listed mods make much of a difference?

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
here are some parts for performance u can install or get done right now.
exhaust
headers
intake
ported manifold
NOS

coming soon supercharger! look up elite autosport
Old 09-30-10, 10:18 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Walking us owners in SF for a while now? What to put your money where your mouth is?
Old 09-30-10, 10:47 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Absolutely. I'm always up for a few PBIR runs. Is methanol injection allowed?
Old 09-30-10, 10:57 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
Absolutely. I'm always up for a few PBIR runs. Is methanol injection allowed?
I'm going up tomorrow actually. Use whatever want... Tomorrow is gonna be a day of records . I'll send u a pm in a bit.
Old 09-30-10, 11:08 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Right now I'm in the passenger seat of my 335i with my wife driving us to Orlando for Halloween Horror Nights. Anyway - Cool! You must be running nitrous. If you are, I just may be envious of your car. Let me know what you run at the track.

In my first run ever, I ran a 12.9 with my tune and intake and about 16lbs of boost. My next run will be with FMIC, catless downpipes and methanol injection running 18lbs of boost. I'm really hoping for high 11s but since I'm a newbie I wouldn't be surprised with low 12s.
Old 09-30-10, 11:45 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
I'm going up tomorrow actually. Use whatever want... Tomorrow is gonna be a day of records . I'll send u a pm in a bit.
I just pulled out my laptop and now I see the full version of the site - along with your signature. Nice!!! What the hell did you do to get your car running like that? Are you running drag radials? I'm not and I'm too lazy to fuss with them. I'd definitely be where I want to be with them but it's just not that important to me.. As long as I'm eating up your basic 5.0s, SSs and SRTs, I'm satisfied. My goal was originally to be in CTS-V and GT-R territory - but if I'm not there with what I have, I think I'll just leave it at that..

Now I'm really interested in your car. We'll definitely do a run soon...
Old 09-30-10, 12:42 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Right now I'm in the passenger seat of my 335i with my wife driving us to Orlando for Halloween Horror Nights. Anyway - Cool! You must be running nitrous. If you are, I just may be envious of your car. Let me know what you run at the track.

In my first run ever, I ran a 12.9 with my tune and intake and about 16lbs of boost. My next run will be with FMIC, catless downpipes and methanol injection running 18lbs of boost. I'm really hoping for high 11s but since I'm a newbie I wouldn't be surprised with low 12s.
Horror Nights is great. Have fun up there.

I just pulled out my laptop and now I see the full version of the site - along with your signature. Nice!!! What the hell did you do to get your car running like that? Are you running drag radials? I'm not and I'm too lazy to fuss with them. I'd definitely be where I want to be with them but it's just not that important to me.. As long as I'm eating up your basic 5.0s, SSs and SRTs, I'm satisfied. My goal was originally to be in CTS-V and GT-R territory - but if I'm not there with what I have, I think I'll just leave it at that..

Now I'm really interested in your car. We'll definitely do a run soon...
My car has intake/exhaust/N20 and DRs. Time is going to be greatly improved though. This time im gonna be prepared with 2 full bottles. Im hoping for a 12.6 on motor and somewhere between 10.9-11.4 on N20. When you get back well do a track day.
Old 09-30-10, 01:13 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Cool.. 12.6 on motor only is awesome. 10.9 would be so insane. To be even "only" hoping for these numbers is very impressive. The 3.5 can obviously take it - and that's a great sign.

I'm not the norm when it comes to this racing stuff. I know most guys are more concerned with what their car can do on the track. And ultimately - that is the real judge of what a car can do. It seems to be about a balance between knowing how far to modify your car without blowing it up - and knowing how to drive it.

For me, I'm more interested in what my car can do at any given time on the street. And that's the main reason I don't really want to bother with drag radials. Another area I'm certainly a little off the wall with is off-the-line acceleration. I'll race off the line but I prefer lining 'em up from a roll.

At any rate, one of these days soon we'll do a track day. It's going to be really interesting seeing a non "M" BMW and a Lexus running 11s at the track. I don't think most people know what the "F" is - so I consider both our cars sleepers...

Do you ever go to the Tower Shoppes meet on Friday nights? I went once and met some pretty cool people from Club Lexus. I had a 750Li at the time...
Old 09-30-10, 01:27 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Cool.. 12.6 on motor only is awesome. 10.9 would be so insane. To be even "only" hoping for these numbers is very impressive. The 3.5 can obviously take it - and that's a great sign.

I'm not the norm when it comes to this racing stuff. I know most guys are more concerned with what their car can do on the track. And ultimately - that is the real judge of what a car can do. It seems to be about a balance between knowing how far to modify your car without blowing it up - and knowing how to drive it.

For me, I'm more interested in what my car can do at any given time on the street. And that's the main reason I don't really want to bother with drag radials. Another area I'm certainly a little off the wall with is off-the-line acceleration. I'll race off the line but I prefer lining 'em up from a roll.

At any rate, one of these days soon we'll do a track day. It's going to be really interesting seeing a non "M" BMW and a Lexus running 11s at the track. I don't think most people know what the "F" is - so I consider both our cars sleepers...

Do you ever go to the Tower Shoppes meet on Friday nights? I went once and met some pretty cool people from Club Lexus. I had a 750Li at the time...
You should take a look at my youtube channel
Old 09-30-10, 01:31 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
You should take a look at my youtube channel
I'm heading there right now. I'm at the hotel, however - so I'll probably be heading out before I see everything. I'll keep it open on my laptop..
Old 09-30-10, 09:00 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a 0-60 run. Street form with spare tire and everything and street tires with the stock 19" PS2s. On a hot day, it'll get 4.6 or so. If I had drag radials, it'll probably be a touch quicker - I'm getting some slippage in 1st gear.
Attached Thumbnails What are most people getting 0-60 and 1/4 mile?-060.jpg  

Quick Reply: What are most people getting 0-60 and 1/4 mile?