IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Time to move on...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-10, 07:52 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Time to move on...

As some acute readers may already know my wife is pregnant with our 3rd kid, he’s due in December and as the date get closer, the pressure for a more “family friendly” car became greater and greater. A few weeks ago I broke down and my wife and I even test drove the current German Wagon offering, 2011 Mercedes E350 estate and 2011 Audi A6 avant, I didn’t considered the BMW 5 Gran Turismo to be a wagon and the 3 series wagon is way too small; anyway, all these cars are nice but they are a far cry from the fun prescribed by the IS-F. At that point I felt like I was losing handle on the situation, so I half jokingly said to my wife, that I will sell my IS-F for an AMG Wagon.

Theses AMG Wagons are not easy to find, they only imported 322 in the US during the 4 years production run, and they were all special order only. As a matter of fact I only saw one on the road once, and I never saw one for sale; that was until Thursday 30, when 2 pop up on eBay motors, one being in LA the other in Wisconsin. After spending some time that night cross checking VIN number, vehicle history, option list and Mercedes Forums, I decided to take the day off on Friday to go see the LA car, fully aware of the modus operandi for this kind of find: I will be buying the car right there if it is clean.
And clean, it is, one of the 62 build for 2008, Black on Black with 15k miles, the car still has the protective plastic stickers on the door sills, trunk sills and in various places in the interior; the wheels do not have a single ding, not one; the paint quality is impressive as I could find any trace of light scratches or swirling. So I put a deposit right there; funny thing is while I was filling up the papers someone called from Canada to buy the car outright sight unseen over the phone, at that point our signatures where on the contract, the car was mine. I will be picking up the car Wednesday, in the meantime here are couple of cell phone pics.

I am selling my IS-F, preferably with all the carbon Fiber interior and exterior to a discriminate buyer that is looking for that special vehicle, please PM me if you are interested, I will be posting the ad in the upcoming days.

I am not leaving the Lexus family, as we are keeping our LS, but I will now burn rubber in a wagon!
Old 10-04-10, 08:41 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The AMG Estates are sweet. Congrats.
Old 10-04-10, 08:46 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice find...
Old 10-04-10, 09:50 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's rare, indeed. Congrats on a cool family hauler.

Originally Posted by timeToy
As some acute readers may already know my wife is pregnant with our 3rd kid, he’s due in December and as the date get closer, the pressure for a more “family friendly” car became greater and greater. A few weeks ago I broke down and my wife and I even test drove the current German Wagon offering, 2011 Mercedes E350 estate and 2011 Audi A6 avant, I didn’t considered the BMW 5 Gran Turismo to be a wagon and the 3 series wagon is way too small; anyway, all these cars are nice but they are a far cry from the fun prescribed by the IS-F. At that point I felt like I was losing handle on the situation, so I half jokingly said to my wife, that I will sell my IS-F for an AMG Wagon.

Theses AMG Wagons are not easy to find, they only imported 322 in the US during the 4 years production run, and they were all special order only. As a matter of fact I only saw one on the road once, and I never saw one for sale; that was until Thursday 30, when 2 pop up on eBay motors, one being in LA the other in Wisconsin. After spending some time that night cross checking VIN number, vehicle history, option list and Mercedes Forums, I decided to take the day off on Friday to go see the LA car, fully aware of the modus operandi for this kind of find: I will be buying the car right there if it is clean.
And clean, it is, one of the 62 build for 2008, Black on Black with 15k miles, the car still has the protective plastic stickers on the door sills, trunk sills and in various places in the interior; the wheels do not have a single ding, not one; the paint quality is impressive as I could find any trace of light scratches or swirling. So I put a deposit right there; funny thing is while I was filling up the papers someone called from Canada to buy the car outright sight unseen over the phone, at that point our signatures where on the contract, the car was mine. I will be picking up the car Wednesday, in the meantime here are couple of cell phone pics.

I am selling my IS-F, preferably with all the carbon Fiber interior and exterior to a discriminate buyer that is looking for that special vehicle, please PM me if you are interested, I will be posting the ad in the upcoming days.

I am not leaving the Lexus family, as we are keeping our LS, but I will now burn rubber in a wagon!
Old 10-04-10, 09:53 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, now that's a rare great find!
Old 10-04-10, 09:59 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,065 Likes on 2,462 Posts

Great choice!

Also great compromise on fun and still meeting the family requirements. Congrats on little person #3!
Old 10-04-10, 11:12 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

nice rare find! sad to see that beautiful F go, but definitely congrats on the new addition to the family! best of luck my friend!
Old 10-05-10, 01:17 AM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Ahhh Maaah Gaawd nice find!!! I still prefer the 55s better just cuz they are bit more torquey. Gotta love the sound though. Congrats!
Old 10-05-10, 04:17 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

You should immediately debadge it...then all people will know is that a wagon just left them in the dust, which is not a common occurrence in the US.
Old 10-05-10, 04:27 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sad to see your ISF go, timetoy! Hopefully someone with an appreciation of carbon fiber jumps on it soon.

Congrats on the 3rd.
Old 10-05-10, 04:42 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cali2is
Nice find...
VERY nice find... congrats!!!
Old 10-05-10, 05:06 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

Bummer a beautiful car moving on... Good luck with the MB.
Old 10-05-10, 06:58 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Congrats on the Wagon, I am sad you have to let the F go, but you have to decide what's best for your family.
Old 10-05-10, 08:26 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Congrats on the new addition to your family. Babies are such blessings. Enjoy your benz.
Old 10-05-10, 08:41 AM
robbys3m3
Driver

Congrats!
I have a business partner with the same wagon and I love that thing. It should be a great (and really fun!) family hauler for you.

Quick Reply: Time to move on...