IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

proud new owner of ISF...coming from BMW world.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-10, 06:41 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
SGM FTW!!!

I actually wasted a bunch of time reading the posts over on M3forum. It seems you have a ton of respect over there. Surprisingly, I thought it was quite mature and respectful overall....except for the Serious dude who's a complete douche....and especially compared to M3post.

Congrats on the pick up. The M3 is a great car....IF you don't have to deal with the rest of the bs. Hopefully your F is everything you want it to be.
Yeah, I had a great 4.5 years and 7000 posts over there. I chose M3forum over E46Fanatics and M3post because of its maturity level at the time that I joined. M3forum was more for true respectful enthusiasts, while the other M forums had a more raucus crowd.

The comments by Serious about Japan and China actually took me by surprise. He's usually a good guy with a level head that speaks his mind. I guess I never knew his stance on any political issues.

It's gonna be another great ride here on Club Lexus. It's a breath of fresh air to not be surrounded by a bunch of kids who just bought a deeply depreciated car. I'll enjoy this forum to the fullest until the ISF crowd gets immature too.
Old 10-16-10, 06:42 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Welcome! Now there's 2 SGM F's that I know of in Greater Seattle.
Would you be the second?
Old 10-16-10, 09:41 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
^ My first experience with BMW (E46 M3) will be my last. My money doesn't grow on trees so I wouldn't get into a BMW again and risk having to deal with quality issues again.
This is my main reason I stick with Toyota and Honda...Some people are tolerant of BS issues and constant dealer repairs --like its just part of owning a car--So not true

I have been waiting YEARS! (after the Supra) for toyota to finally build something other than a a half a$$ "sporty-performance" car (in their opinion) and finally build something that I dont have to mod into oblivion to get some real power & speed out of. ---THey went into Family sedan, SUV and Plush adequte power luxury mode for like 10 years...
The only real car with some speed/power on it stock came from the IS350 in 2006. And I was like FINALLY ! sheesh! (but good luck finding mods to make it faster)

And now the F is like a breath of fresh air to take it to the next level...like now I can finally have something with some real from factory power/speed in it..and RELIABILITY also!

I owned a G35 coupe in 2003 - let it go in 2006 with only 14Kmi on it because of the same reason- Its CRAP basically...but again I'm not down with 500 trips to my dealer for yet another damn issue.

F is the way to go over 400HP and 370TQ right out the box! from TOYOTA!!
yeah thats a nice place to start modding from...and even if you dont get a lot of "power increasing" mods...so what. Im good cause they started me off with over 400HP and while the others are breakin down or just causing you a headache in 5 years from issues...My toyota will outlast them all!

(IS) F - with that! .......I say!
Old 10-16-10, 11:21 AM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
Would you be the second?
Yup. That's 2 of us that I know of. There's probably more but the F is rare so there's not going that many more at least for now. Part and parcel of the F being a great car to have.

I did read the M3 forum and I was surprised, to be honest, with the maturity level overall. Definitely higher than my impressions of the Beemer forums in general in the few occassions I looked around when I was deciding between the F, M3, and the 335.
Old 10-16-10, 09:28 PM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Yup. That's 2 of us that I know of. There's probably more but the F is rare so there's not going that many more at least for now. Part and parcel of the F being a great car to have.

I did read the M3 forum and I was surprised, to be honest, with the maturity level overall. Definitely higher than my impressions of the Beemer forums in general in the few occassions I looked around when I was deciding between the F, M3, and the 335.
What made you decide on the F over the alternatives?
Old 10-17-10, 01:38 AM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Plain and simple reliability based on consumer reports, my buddy who worked in a BMW dealership, and friends who echoed the same sentiments about the Beemer as you did.

I have had experience with Toyota and inputs from tons of people that IMO is the company that makes the best cars.

The Beemer is no doubt enticing and I personally like its style but my logic tells me that Lexus is the way to go. I don't want to be putting down 30-50 grand and deal with "issues" such as HPFP or whatever else Beemers have.

I don't care if the warranty takes care of all maintenance costs if the car is going to spend a significant of time in the dealership for repairs then that's bullcrap as far as I'm concerned.

You just don't deal with these kind of issues w/ Toyota or Lexus or even hear of them even though I'm sure there are exceptions.

Granted the Beemer may have the edge in 10/10ths driving but I could care less, I spend 95% of my time less than 10/10ths driving and quality, luxury, and reliability are MUCH more practical factors for me. Mind you I do appreciate cutting edge performance as I'm a Skip Barber racing school graduate but I don't race cars for a living.
Old 10-17-10, 09:09 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

^ It's funny how a few people on M3forum mentioned to me that I could've gotten an E92 M3 with a 4/50k warranty and free maintenance. Having a warranty and free maintenance doesn't get rid of the quality flaws!

Sure, I have peace of mind knowing I don't have to pay for repairs, but I don't have peace of mind in the first place of my car not breaking.
Old 10-17-10, 09:49 AM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Exactly. Just like my ASUS laptop which I bought in NOV last year. Just ditched it after two, although free, warranty repairs.

Did not want to deal with it anymore with its niggling issues
Old 10-17-10, 12:52 PM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

^ good to know on ASUS. I might be picking up a netbook soon.
Old 10-17-10, 06:04 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

I'd go Sony or Toshiba which I should have done in the first place.

Could not pass up the "good deal" on the ASUS.