IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

GOOD READ - a view of the ISF from the M3 crowd

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-10, 06:29 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GOOD READ - a view of the ISF from the M3 crowd

Here's an interesting (albeit long) read for anybody who's interested in the outside view of the ISF.

Below's a link to my farewell post on M3forum.net. It's amazing the level of blind brand loyalty and outright ignorance there is to the Toyota and Lexus brands.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=338036
Old 10-15-10, 07:02 AM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome....interesting reading material. I am sure both cars has it's own merits. I'm not dissapointed with the F.

Did you ever find out about this post:

have you check the latest news between China and Japan? and you went to buy a Japanese car?

maybe my post sounds weird but I will never buy Japanese cars ever again from this point.

anyway, enjoy the new car. don't mean to spoil the fun
Old 10-15-10, 07:05 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISF FAN
Welcome....interesting reading material. I am sure both cars has it's own merits. I'm not dissapointed with the F.

Did you ever find out about this post:

have you check the latest news between China and Japan? and you went to buy a Japanese car?

maybe my post sounds weird but I will never buy Japanese cars ever again from this point.

anyway, enjoy the new car. don't mean to spoil the fun
Yip, and my response to him was this:

"If you're referring to this (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100920/..._ships_collide), Japan's international affairs with China don't affect my decision on buying a good quality car. Should the holocaust affect our decision to buy a German car?"
Old 10-15-10, 07:14 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Interesting. The E46 crowd seems far less volatile than the M5 and E92 guys. You should give them a headache and tell them that the fastest E92 M3 isnt as quick as the fastest ISF haha
Old 10-15-10, 07:14 AM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

check...have fun with the car. Truly amazing in my drive between Southern and Northern California, I've gotten 27mpg....you won't see that in other saloons.
Old 10-15-10, 07:21 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISF FAN
check...have fun with the car. Truly amazing in my drive between Southern and Northern California, I've gotten 27mpg....you won't see that in other saloons.
27mpg? Sweet. I haven't gotten close to that in my first two tanks yet...I'm still in the honeymoon stage
Old 10-15-10, 07:39 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I looked through it, lots of trolling specially by the guy who brought up the Chinese Japan relationship issue.

What I really want to see is the RICE crowd go at it with the BMW fanboys, they are roughly on the same level of religious zeal
Old 10-15-10, 08:47 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Congrats on ISF and thanks for posting up the tread on e46 forum it was great. I read every single post, the good and the bad, it was good to see more positive post then bad ones accept for that person Serous came off like sixteen year old fanboy. But for the most part any person that is true enthusiasts would support your decision to try something new. I for one would never criticize any car without some first hand driving experience to back up what I've said and not just repeat what I have herd or seen on T.V. such Topgear,Fifthgear or Battle of Supercars these show emphasis is on entertainment first facts second and not to mention host basis, driving skill or lack there of, and don't get me started on rag's such as Car & Drive etc. Take all this information that you have seen and read with grain of salt; go out on your own and see for yourself first hand before making any comments that just me.

One of the most ironic things about ISF is this is car that I feel is geared more towards American market and yet the American media has given it poor to fair reviews but here's the kicker some of the best reviews have come from German media go figure? I guess they are not as enamored with whole BMW mystic (unlike American media), yes they can appreciate the car capabilities but when you have Audi, Mercedes and Porsche as the other big three domestic car company's to choose from I think it makes you a little more objective. Most of reviews rate these two cars almost equal M3 still out handles ISF on the track, but not by much and now with new updates with 2011 that may change even further but even if M3 still beats ISF on the track, the 2011 ISF that I order and will receive next month will spend 80 to 90 % of time on the Street, the real world were it counts the most. Good luck enjoy your new F looking forward to you posting up your comments.