IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F attention magnet

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-11, 10:06 PM
johnsy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep this was my post from lexforum a couple weeks ago."I was at a light next to an M3 this weekend. now room to run as we were downtown and traffic everywhere...but as people crossed the crosswalk they were pointing and thumbs up to the "F"... and the M got no love at all it was like he wasnt even there.another WIN!" daily basis its a head turner. and being granite mica I would think as much but my IS300 was granite mica and was a head turner till the day I traded it in for the "F"...of course not as much head turning as the "F"
Old 04-18-11, 10:23 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by darbs242
Mines stands out more than most MM with the loud intake/exhaust and CF...
Hey darbs does that also make it a cop magnet? I saw the vids and I can see it drawing some law enforcement attention. Hopefully in your area it doesn't.
Old 04-19-11, 05:42 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yesterday i was sitting at a light when on the corner of my eye i see the passenger of a car with 4 people in it get out...yes AT the light. I wasnt sure what they were doing but i looked at him as he was walking around my car in awe. I knew he wasnt starting trouble or anything by the look of his jaw sitting on the asphalt. The windows rolled down and all the jaws in the car were dropped. They were all just trippin' out over seeing an IS-F next to them. Feels good to be in a car that ISNT A LAMBO and still having people act like it is hahah......
Old 04-19-11, 07:29 AM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I got my share of first angry glare. I was cruising in the right lane in speed limit and a BMW driver in the next lane shows a finger to me and blasts off. BTW i did not give a f and continued in the same lane, maybe he was jealous that he could not afford a F. Next one was on the Fair Oaks avenue where an Indian dude was very angry at me for driving in the speed limit in the right lane. He gave me another angry glance.
Old 04-19-11, 11:29 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Yup, I know exactly what attention you get from Minnesotans. Maybe, we should ride one day together in convoy to attract more attention..BTW, do you have your summer wheels back on? I have them back on and WTF its snowing today and tomorrow.

Originally Posted by johnsy
yep this was my post from a couple weeks ago."I was at a light next to an M3 this weekend. now room to run as we were downtown and traffic everywhere...but as people crossed the crosswalk they were pointing and thumbs up to the "F"... and the M got no love at all it was like he wasnt even there.another WIN!" daily basis its a head turner. and being granite mica I would think as much but my IS300 was granite mica and was a head turner till the day I traded it in for the "F"...of course not as much head turning as the "F"
Old 04-19-11, 11:45 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

A few instances recently:

1. Washing my car outside the garage, someone stops by to visit my neighbor, walks over and asks whether my car is a 250 or a 350.. I told him it was an F and he had no idea what I was talking about. Then he asked me what aftermarket sideskirts I have on, and I told him stock. Then I started educating him about the car, and he was literally taking laps around my car staring from every angle. Like others have said, a lot of people have no idea what it is.

2. Having a meeting at a park, the F parked on the street nearby, 2 separate people walked up to our group and asked if one of us owns the F. Then they asked tons of questions about it.

3. Driving at night with the wifey, Modded Sti pulled up next to me and rolled down the windows... No racing with wifey on board, so I was ready to tell them no go, but they just gave me thumbs up had some nice comments for the ride. Then they proceeded to keep the windows down and drove right next to me staring for the next 1/2 mile stretch before I turned.
Old 04-19-11, 09:32 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Last Sunday, I was walking towards my car in the parking lot and a guy in a car passing by yelled, "sexy car!"
And I replied, "Thank you!"
Old 04-19-11, 09:43 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have seen the photos, the thumbs ups, the questions, etc. Today was interesting that somebody actually came into my work place asking who the owner of the IS-F was and he was ready to plop down 37,000$ cash for it. He drives by it I guess all the time and he finally decided he wanted to buy mine - but mine's not for sale lol!
Old 04-19-11, 09:46 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I was on the freeway cruising along with my girl, when all of the sudden to the left, right, and behind me are a bunch of bikers revving hard and what not. I roll down my windows, they stare into the car and give both me and my girl thumbs up. The biker on my girl's side was like "holy ****!" Very cool group of bikers!

And then when I was washing her this past weekend, two women jogging came over, and one asked me why I didn't have larger sized rims. I replied by saying "Bigger isn't always better and you should be happy with what you have." The other one looked at me like that high school crush sort of way. Oh, to be single again....haha!
Old 04-21-11, 07:23 PM
Tempest
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by meade916
and the sport button is just dumb. (in a good way hahah)...
If the sport button was any dumber, it would have it's own after-school program... LOL!
Old 04-26-11, 11:47 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

"Gina" just got complimented by a hot old lady in a Carrera 4S at Subway.
I was coming out of the store, and she was getting out next to Gina and was just staring. I told her the 4S was purty (I'm Texan), and she said, "I was just thinking that about your car! That is the prettiest Lexus I have ever seen!" She was unfamiliar with the ISF, so I gave her a very quick run down. She loved it.

It's been 3 years and the ISF is still grabbing a lot of attention.
Old 04-26-11, 12:50 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Originally Posted by melbitoast
"Gina" just got complimented by a hot old lady in a Carrera 4S at Subway.
I was coming out of the store, and she was getting out next to Gina and was just staring. I told her the 4S was purty (I'm Texan), and she said, "I was just thinking that about your car! That is the prettiest Lexus I have ever seen!" She was unfamiliar with the ISF, so I gave her a very quick run down. She loved it.

It's been 3 years and the ISF is still grabbing a lot of attention.
Thats cool and all but why the "H" "E"" "double hockeysticks" did you name your car Gina!
Old 04-26-11, 01:12 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pc1990
Thats cool and all but why the "H" "E"" "double hockeysticks" did you name your car Gina!
It could also be pronounced as "Jahy-nuh"
Old 04-26-11, 01:52 PM
sham3l3ss
Driver School Candidate

^^ i get it now lol
Old 06-30-11, 09:52 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Today a Mustang GT pulled up behind me when traffic came to a stand still during rush hour. He revved up his engine. I guess he was trying to get me to rev mine. He zoomed around me when traffic got going again.

Also, I still turn a lot of heads when I go see my fiance in Springfield, MO. I don't guess they see as many F's up there.

Quick Reply: IS-F attention magnet