IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F attention magnet

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-11, 02:31 PM
Bpower
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fapout
I did this with a Maserati GranTursimo a few weeks ago, I like roping them in to it. Acting like I'm some rice boy with a IS250 and a fart can who thinks his car is fast... but the whole time not even really pushing my car close to it's potential. The Maseratis owner thought "To hell with this kid, I'm going to make him eat my dust." Ummm I put 3 or 4 car lengths on this guy up to 120. I'm pretty sure he was impressed because as he drove by me once we slowed down he kept pointing at the car and giving me thumbs up.
The guy looked like he was scared/pissed/surprised. Trying to say it was my fault that I was in the right lane quicker than he was. It was a race for the open lane and I made it there 1st.

My IS-F is stock for now. Looking into Swift springs...
Old 07-07-11, 06:08 PM
DajonDondo
Pole Position

damn i wish i owned a IS-F ..
Old 07-08-11, 06:15 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bpower
The guy looked like he was scared/pissed/surprised. Trying to say it was my fault that I was in the right lane quicker than he was. It was a race for the open lane and I made it there 1st.

My IS-F is stock for now. Looking into Swift springs...
I did springs last. I did wheels then I/H/E then springs. Different strokes for different folks i guess.
Old 07-08-11, 06:23 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get the occasional neck break from people who really know what an ISF is....other than that I give myself attention when I stare at my car passing reflective windows on buildings...I'm bad
Old 07-08-11, 06:47 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are a few instances for me:

1. Breaking a few ladies' necks (while next to their significant other)

2. A few times I have gone to a local car meet with my windows down, I just overhear people saying "YO, is that the ISF? Damn"

3. Various gas station attendants ask me.. is that the IS350? I say no and give them the usual explanation, same with my female friends that know about the IS.

4. Random guy came up to me while I was at an icecream parlor.. he goes "how much did you pay for it?"... all I said was, "A lot". (Who asks that as a first question anyways?)

5. THis is probably the best one of all... cruising to the Rallye Lexus Meet with my fellow ISFers on this forum!!! I was observing other cars, everybody was pointing at us 4 ISF's rolling on the highway!
Old 07-08-11, 08:47 AM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll bite...

I tried to avoid being an attention ***** by purchasing the IS-F in SGM (also by darkening the car up to avoid notice it's an F), however I still get stares from car enthusiast's here and there. Quick story this past 4th of July weekend...

I'm driving with the windows up and A/C on blast, as I notice a black unmarked police vehicle coming closer to my lane and eventually the off duty officer pulled his window down shouting something at me. It shook me up because I knew I had illegal tints, so I rolled em down quick to hear if he wanted me to pull over or not, to my surprise the following convo took place:

Officer: How much horsepower does that thing have? (with an ear to ear grin)
Me: 416hp (stock number of course)
Officer: Very nice!
Me: Thank you!

I drove off by giving her a little gas letting the Joe Z bellow...
cool cops do exist in NY
Old 07-09-11, 07:33 PM
irr
Driver School Candidate

when I had mine it brought more attention than sometimes wanted

once i was walking out of the mall with my gf when two young guys were passing by where the IS-F was parked and one of them goes to me "is that a Lexus IS-F?" i'm like "yea", he responds "now that is awesome"

probably going to pick up another IS-F in near future but its just bit too small inside for me (6'5) so M5 and M3 sedan are more favourable for time being
Old 11-01-12, 01:05 PM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

...sorry to revive an old post (zombie) but i'm hoping to bump this thread to see if people are still receiving compliments or questions on a car that's on its way out for the 3rd gen IS?

Now that the car has been on the scene for a while and other car manufacturers have either updated or introduced a completely newly designed car, does your IS-F still get the comments and questions like it used to?
Old 11-01-12, 01:37 PM
Gotspd2
Driver School Candidate

Not too much here in Maryland. I didn't expect much as even my Maserati didn't get that much attention (mostly only people noticed when they saw the big letters that said Maserati on the back of the car. My 911TT seems to get some add'l attention. I had it parked one night in a very high pedestrian traffic locale and some friends happened to be having dinner outside and at some point, when we went back to the car, they told us that there were so many folks walking around it, talking about it and even taking pictures of it (both with and without folks posing in the pics). That's kinda cool. I like having a car that makes people smile. That said, I love how stealthy the F is. The exhaust (Borla) tends to get some people to look over.
Old 11-01-12, 10:30 PM
Roffles
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
I get the occasional neck break from people who really know what an ISF is....other than that I give myself attention when I stare at my car passing reflective windows on buildings...I'm bad
I love starting my car at night in front of a windowed storefront so I can admire the LED and halogens together. Fog lights stay off... too much commotion with 6 lights!
Old 11-01-12, 10:48 PM
Roffles
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bpower
He thought he could get away and changed lanes into me as I was already in the right lane forcing me into a breakdown lane. He didnt even bother using a turn signal, probably under estimated his car in triple digit speeds. He even got a nerve to roll down his window later down the road and yell at me (after I let off the gas and he was able to catch up).LOL
That's a classic "fly bye". I get those every other day. I hope you learned your lesson to just let them keep flying. You'll get your bumper clipped and go into a spin out if you mess with the wrong idiot - - especially if it's a college kid in a boy racer wagon.
Old 11-02-12, 07:53 AM
Ninja10r
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

GET LOOK'S EVERY DAY, THE JOEz PIPES HELP, GOT PULLED OVER AND COP SAYS TO ME,YOU JUST KEPT PULLING AWAY FROM ME. YEAH I WAS ON IT A LITTLE BIT, JUST TO MOVE AROUND THE SLOW MOVING TRAFFIC,HE SAY'S OK,NICE CAR ,BE SAFE . NO TICKET
Old 11-02-12, 08:44 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a few weeks ago, a guy went on and on about how good the exhaust sounded. He wanted to know what kind of engine it had. After I told him, he couldn't believe it was stock.
Old 11-02-12, 09:03 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

had some idiot in an evo X ride my *** this morning when i was in the second to the right most lane, city streets. then he changes lanes and does a classic fly by. tsk tsk
Old 11-02-12, 10:09 AM
nonford
Rookie

Originally Posted by cremaster
had some idiot in an evo X ride my *** this morning when i was in the second to the right most lane, city streets. then he changes lanes and does a classic fly by. tsk tsk
Happens to me quite a bit with the mustang kids. I don't even bother, unless I am on a wide open country road. Only once I engaged and it was a total idiot who apparently thought his maxima was special. Well, it wasn't ..... And quite frankly, it seems like I have more nissans wanting to go? Can't figure that one out..

Last edited by nonford; 11-02-12 at 10:13 AM.

Quick Reply: IS-F attention magnet