IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-10 | 09:37 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

are all new 2011's with these seats? it looks like the older is300 seats down the middle?

and it looks like on the tach, there are lights that will turn on as you get closer to redline? that's cool if so! the steering wheel is much better also. i like the leds, not bad.

Last edited by malujerry; 11-24-10 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-24-10 | 10:01 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Very Nice....EEHhh but by *opininon* I must say the headlights are blah toyish ebay looking and the gauge cluster may be more race inspired but man not feeling it at all...wild hmm...id be afraid the seats would look worn faster...very interesting on the changes for 2011 man kinda disappointed
Old 11-24-10 | 10:21 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Beautiful car! I live less than a mile from the dealer and Park Place Lexus in Plano had it on display right at the front.....I knew it would not last long. I love the color. not feeling the new seats or wheels, but gorgeous either way. Congrats!!
Old 11-25-10 | 09:15 AM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by StealthFF
Very Nice....EEHhh but by *opininon* I must say the headlights are blah toyish ebay looking and the gauge cluster may be more race inspired but man not feeling it at all...wild hmm...id be afraid the seats would look worn faster...very interesting on the changes for 2011 man kinda disappointed

I love everything about the car except the seat, StealthFF I think your right how are they going to hold up over 5 year of everyday use. Had they just put some of Alcantara on the bolstered side of the seats rather than cover the entire center section including the headrest that would have been ok. Down the road I may have my seat recovered in leather perhaps black and blue or get a set of stock leather seat.
Old 11-25-10 | 09:25 AM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
Beautiful car! I live less than a mile from the dealer and Park Place Lexus in Plano had it on display right at the front.....I knew it would not last long. I love the color. not feeling the new seats or wheels, but gorgeous either way. Congrats!!
Hey Mitch08ISF thanks its kind of funny that you saw ISF at your locale dearship I had to go all they way to Plano Texas 1652 miles form me in order to get my USB F.
Old 11-25-10 | 10:26 AM
JetSetBen
Driver School Candidate

Love the new dash and the seats look hot too. I wonder what they will look like in Alpine.
Old 11-27-10 | 11:49 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Forget pics..

Its a performance sedan.. HOW DOES IT DRIVE ?? Whats your comments on the car so far ?
Old 11-27-10 | 10:12 PM
stick
Pole Position

Originally Posted by davcrz5
I love everything about the car except the seat, StealthFF I think your right how are they going to hold up over 5 year of everyday use. Had they just put some of Alcantara on the bolstered side of the seats rather than cover the entire center section including the headrest that would have been ok. Down the road I may have my seat recovered in leather perhaps black and blue or get a set of stock leather seat.

Nice car!

As for the seats, don't worry about it. I had my IS300 for almost 7 years as a daily driver, the Alcantara seats were fine. You won't have to recover them.
Old 11-28-10 | 10:39 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
Forget pics..

Its a performance sedan.. HOW DOES IT DRIVE ?? Whats your comments on the car so far ?
Ok, first of all coming from the I s 350 it's night and day difference between the two cars even though the is350 had the fsport suspension intake and exhaust the two cars feel nothing alike. Second third and fourth gears are just monsters, the acceleration is tremendous steering feel is very good precise and agile. Now not having any experience in the older ISF models I cannot compare the two ride quality but coming from my past experience in other vehicles that I have owned before. getting into my lexus such as my srt 4,eclipse spyder. turbo,mustang, camaro all of these cars had after market. suspension installed and most of them a harsher ride then in. my current 2011 isf. I Find the right to be firm and controllable Not harsh at all And this is coming from someone who is in new york commute to new york city everyday driving on some of the worst roads in the country. I like the fact that you don't have to keep the car Wound up get some excitement out of it Just down shift and GO. And other cool facts was when I was doing 70 miles an hour And look down at the tach and read just over 1800 rp m's That was amazing the car truly is doctor jekyll mister hyde
Old 11-29-10 | 11:42 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Glad it worked out for you as I followed your story back then. COngrats on new purchase, I know you will enjoy your new F.
Old 11-29-10 | 11:59 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by 516IS
Glad it worked out for you as I followed your story back then. COngrats on new purchase, I know you will enjoy your new F.
Thanks 516IS
Old 11-30-10 | 02:45 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Love those seats...the escaine will hold up well over the years...looks better than the all black leather....the LEDs look sweet but do everyone a favor and remove that peeling sticker off your ML stereo
Old 12-01-10 | 06:53 AM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by gs2isf
Love those seats...the escaine will hold up well over the years...looks better than the all black leather....the LEDs look sweet but do everyone a favor and remove that peeling sticker off your ML stereo
My bad your right sticker looks pretty tacky. GS2ISFI took these pics last night of LED/DRL
My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today-dscn6928.jpg

My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today-dscn6929.jpg

My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today-dscn6930.jpg
Old 12-02-10 | 01:41 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

that is such a SICK interior
Old 12-02-10 | 05:21 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

after seeing pics of yur car i had to delete my browsing history if yu get my drift....sexy!

congrats !

Quick Reply: My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today