IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

This is one of reason why purchased 2011ISF

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-10, 09:04 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
^most car guys are fronters anyways meaning they just like to show off but don't really have any wealth or assets.....

REALLY RICH people (aka Bill Gates drives a Prius) Seriously in my old neighborhood there were these 2 mil+ homes. (we were a group of fresh college grads renting this place) but all the neighbors were family men who drove Camry's and beat up minivans. Any of them can easily buy a F-car or whatever but they chose to invest in their family, not depreciating assets like cars.
My two cent I'm not trying to bash here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion based on his or her experience but when you see statement like this

(most car guys are fronters anyways meaning they just like to show off but don't really have any wealth or assets)

I don't get it I've been Car Guy or Car Enthusiast which ever you want to call it for over twenty years and have friends from all walks of life my cousin fireman, Carlos he a lawyer, John accountant, Frank construction worker, Peter oncologist surgeon, Angel owns his own business and the list go's on and on from blue collar worker to millionaires we all share that one common bond our hobby which happens to be the love of all things automotive. We go to each others homes on weekends and work on each other cars we also go racing or to swap meets, we have organized trips to Daytona 500, Bike week in FL, Mid-Ohio and Limerock for road racing events this is our shared passion. It's never been about showing off for my group of friends do you have some folks that like to show off well of course, your always going to have few that like to brag whether it's about car, home, boat, their kids or the trophy wife lol it just fact of life.

As far as asset or wealth, once again 90% of guys I know own home and have asset some greater then other, some are just average Joe middle class working guys and other are very wealthy but they are all CAR GUYS.

Enjoy your car and embrace your inner car guy

Last edited by Weapon F; 12-10-10 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-10-10, 10:13 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

i can sort of understand rick's perspective. there are many who live in not-so nice living quarters, my friends included, and they drive nice audi's and bimmers. they're working hard and making a living on their own, but everytime i asked them if they would trade their sweet ride for a better house, nearly all of them say no. their reason, "people see how you roll." and if they're happy, then i guess that's what really matters.

i like the last part that davcrz5 wrote. everyone has that inner car guy/girl, whether or not the wealth or assets are there currently.
Old 12-10-10, 10:23 AM
Damage
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
Did this also include claims of purchasing a Koenigsegg CCX?
LOL I wouldn't be surprised if this poser baller has done that too.