IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Does the ISF attract Boy Racers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-10, 06:58 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
I've had a few people tail gate me because I refuse to drive more than 5mph over the speed limit in the city. I just ignore them.

I don't understand why some people expect drivers of fast cars to speed and drive aggressively.
I kinda expect it too. Why spend 60K for 400+ hp just to tool around like an old fart. Sometimes you gotta punch it. Lots of times, actually.
Old 12-10-10, 07:20 PM
qsz06
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yall are lucky ! Most of the time when it comes to a pissing contest it is vs a truck with loud pipes ! Most people do not even know what I am driving, or its potential . But I will say I have had many more attempts on my manhood in my F than my Z06 ! Maybe they are more smart than we think they are . Remember ricers love the blowby !
Old 12-10-10, 10:39 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

I get a lot of attention from guys in vettes and scion TC's lol
Old 12-11-10, 08:58 AM
qsz06
Rookie

Most guys in vettes know what a F is ! I can spot one easy ,but I do know what to look for.
Old 12-11-10, 09:01 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by qsz06
Most guys in vettes know what a F is ! I can spot one easy ,but I do know what to look for.
Same as with a BMW M or AMG....knowing what to look for....
Old 12-11-10, 11:04 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can spot an M3 and ISF from all angles a mile away.

For the C63 AMG I need to rely on the quad exhausts in the back to positively identify it. Haven't seen enough of them to memorize the subtle aggressive cues on front that distinguish it from the C300/C350.
Old 12-11-10, 01:57 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by qsz06
Most of the vette guys are pretty cool I always get a thumbs up and they like the way my car sounds.
Old 12-11-10, 02:30 PM
ferdinan
Rookie

Hey guys, I own a C63, will my post count? . Generally ricers will always want to molest Ms, AMGs, ISFs or any performance car they run into. For some reason my C63 seems to attract Scion drivers and large pickup trucks.

I had an encounter with an ISF and we both gave each other the thumbs up but we knew better it was not a good idea to act silly when there is traffic. The other night I saw a riced out Civic racing an M3 on the Bay Bridge; I was perplexed why the M3 would even bother with a Civic.

Heck, ricers even try to race me when driving my IS350. Civics are the ones molesting the IS350
Old 12-11-10, 04:55 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I go if I think the conditions are right and I'm up to it.

I ignore everyone else and stay in the center or right lane and mind my own business when the conditions are not good and/or I'm not up to it.

I selectively brake test idiots who insist on tailgating. 90% of them back way off after the experience.

90% of drivers who drive a car with comparable performance recognize and respect the F's capability. It's usually the cars with a wide gulf in performance that want to egg me on.
Old 12-12-10, 09:10 AM
Stangars
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=Autobacs;5989802]

I selectively brake test idiots who insist on tailgating. 90% of them back way off after the experience.

QUOTE]

Ummm, . . that's not a good idea. The guy you are "teaching a lesson to" may fail the course and run into the back of you. It would help incite a road rage incident though. On second thought, go for it!
Old 12-12-10, 09:39 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Autobacs
I go if I think the conditions are right and I'm up to it.

I ignore everyone else and stay in the center or right lane and mind my own business when the conditions are not good and/or I'm not up to it.

90% of drivers who drive a car with comparable performance recognize and respect the F's capability. It's usually the cars with a wide gulf in performance that want to egg me on.
i get worried sometimes if someone tailgates me. but you gotta see whether their tailgating/wanting to start something outweighs the possibility of getting rearended (the 10% that don't back off). with a car as nice as ours, i think i'd be more mad at myself than the driver who rear ends me just because it's something that i could have maybe controlled. also, to not have the car in MY garage as opposed to at a shop or dealer would be brutal. but ricers will race whatever, whenever. we just have to control whether we wanna get sucked into that situation or not.
Old 12-12-10, 10:06 AM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote=Stangars;5990617]
Originally Posted by Autobacs

QUOTE]

Ummm, . . that's not a good idea. The guy you are "teaching a lesson to" may fail the course and run into the back of you. It would help incite a road rage incident though. On second thought, go for it!

I hate people that do this with a passion. If you are basically parked in the fast lane of a freeway and obviously impeding the flow of faster moving traffic... get the hell out of the fast lane. Instead of getting out of the lane, they tap on their brakes? What sense does that make? So you refuse to get out of the fast lane and your driving slowly and you basically force everyone behind you to make unnecessary lane changes and go around you? Yes we know you are going the posted speed limit so you feel you are entitled to be in whatever lane, but the fact of the matter is the posted speed limits in this country are bull... Whenever I am on a highway in Europe, it amazes me how well behaved the highway drivers are. Slow cars in slow lane, fast cars in fast lane. If a faster car comes behind you, slower car moves over. It's a beautiful thing to a part of. I had to vent, I always wanted to speak with someone who "brake tests" cars behind them... I never even knew there was a term for it.
Old 12-12-10, 11:34 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

[QUOTE=Chin;5990678]
Originally Posted by Stangars

I hate people that do this with a passion. If you are basically parked in the fast lane of a freeway and obviously impeding the flow of faster moving traffic... get the hell out of the fast lane. Instead of getting out of the lane, they tap on their brakes? What sense does that make? So you refuse to get out of the fast lane and your driving slowly and you basically force everyone behind you to make unnecessary lane changes and go around you? Yes we know you are going the posted speed limit so you feel you are entitled to be in whatever lane, but the fact of the matter is the posted speed limits in this country are bull... Whenever I am on a highway in Europe, it amazes me how well behaved the highway drivers are. Slow cars in slow lane, fast cars in fast lane. If a faster car comes behind you, slower car moves over. It's a beautiful thing to a part of. I had to vent, I always wanted to speak with someone who "brake tests" cars behind them... I never even knew there was a term for it.
I hate that crap, too. Many of those fast-lane-slow-drivers are on a cell or otherwise distracted. Some just do it for spite.
20-30 years ago, people followed the proper highway etiquette. It's really bad in the last 10 years or so. Many are immigrants...others are just ignorant.
Old 12-12-10, 05:52 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

You are assuming I'm in the fast lane blocking the flow. How did you come up with that assumption?

I drive in the middle lane most of the time and drive in the left lane only when I'm passing or I'm driving faster than the middle or right lane.

I am more than happy to give way to people who want to go faster. I am talking about idiots who insist on tailgating even though they have other ways to go.

I do not think either of you fall in the category of idiots that insist on tailgating other cars regardless.
Old 12-13-10, 07:38 AM
mrohno
Driver

I can honestly say that I rarely get anyone trying to egg me on to race. In my old A3 I would get anyone and their grandmother trying to race me, but in the F its different. I'll get a lot of these...car comes on hard from behind...usually something riced out or a camaro or an infiniti g37...pulls up next to me, looks over, realizes it isn't an IS250/350 (no disrespect to either) and than gentle backs off! haha Sometimes I am hoping that they want to "go" a little just for fun. I feel like a man on an island sometimes...just want a little fun every now and again, nothing "Fast and the Furious" but just a little friendly addrenaline release!

Quick Reply: Does the ISF attract Boy Racers?