IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Does the ISF attract Boy Racers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-10, 07:56 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

A lot of these "boy racers" have no clue what is under the hood of the ISF. I think they see the quad exhaust and think "custom exhaust" rather than performance. Most of them end up shocked. I had a riced-up Civic pull that crap on me. Once I put about 20 car lengths between us, he quit being retarded. Well, he quit being retarded for that moment anyway...
Old 12-13-10, 12:27 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

In my experiences, I've had no boy racer attraction in this car be it on the street or in the parking lots. It's mostly the older folks that approach me with two common questions. 1. What color blue is that? 2. What engine is in there? Most can't believe it's a V8.
Old 12-13-10, 12:29 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Here in MD, no ricers have ever really messed with me. Occasionally if I want to drive a little faster than normal on the freeway I will mess with them a bit though. Usually they fall for it and take off, and act as my personal police detectors up ahead of me.
Old 12-18-10, 12:29 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is weird cause in hawaii with my isf no one really wants to race me... i get the once in a while ******* that will try call me out in the middle of traffic...but i guess cause he knows that we can't go ne where..its just irratating..stupid army people just stick to fighting wars for us...stop tryin to make more traffic then there is already need...dont' get me wrong i love to open it up but not in the middle of traffic...and when i get the chance to open up my car no one wants to race...lol
Old 12-18-10, 01:44 PM
JPcoISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only had my ISF for a little over a month and so far the only real attention it has drawn on the street is from the American muscle.....Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers etc.
Old 12-20-10, 12:18 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Originally Posted by 96817isf
this is weird cause in hawaii with my isf no one really wants to race me... i get the once in a while ******* that will try call me out in the middle of traffic...but i guess cause he knows that we can't go ne where..its just irratating..stupid army people just stick to fighting wars for us...stop tryin to make more traffic then there is already need...dont' get me wrong i love to open it up but not in the middle of traffic...and when i get the chance to open up my car no one wants to race...lol
I know that there are idiots in every profession...the U.S. Army included. I have a great idea for you though: How about you shut your mouth and desist from making ridiculous universal statements to our service members just because you are unhappy with the actions of one individual.
Old 12-20-10, 12:34 PM
mr2fast
Driver

Originally Posted by Gymkata
I know that there are idiots in every profession...the U.S. Army included. I have a great idea for you though: How about you shut your mouth and desist from making ridiculous universal statements to our service members just because you are unhappy with the actions of one individual.
because in America even idiots have freedom of speech
Old 12-20-10, 03:16 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I really don't know where you guys live or demographics but in my case, driving the IS-F I only get thumbs up from guys (especially during the summer when windows and tops are down) as they love the JoeZ exhaust rumble. NO ONE races me whatsoever!

It's when I'm on my Hayabusa that a few guys try to race me but most do it only because they are curious how fast our cars/bikes are....

I think every one of us that are on this forum have been on both sides of the fence at one point. Anyone who denies it is lying. We all bought this car for the love of speed and same reason we joined this forum.

There's a slogan among us riders and it says something on the lines of "no such thing as have you crashed but only a matter of when". In other words we all race, just a matter of whether we admit it or not.
Old 12-20-10, 04:01 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
I really don't know where you guys live or demographics but in my case, driving the IS-F I only get thumbs up from guys (especially during the summer when windows and tops are down) as they love the JoeZ exhaust rumble. NO ONE races me whatsoever!

It's when I'm on my Hayabusa that a few guys try to race me but most do it only because they are curious how fast our cars/bikes are....

I think every one of us that are on this forum have been on both sides of the fence at one point. Anyone who denies it is lying. We all bought this car for the love of speed and same reason we joined this forum.

There's a slogan among us riders and it says something on the lines of "no such thing as have you crashed but only a matter of when". In other words we all race, just a matter of whether we admit it or not.
funny that you say that, cause i had several people (even bikes) try to race me... and you know our cars USED to look alike...and we live in the same general area. weird huh???

a CBR600 tried to race me on 880... the guy OBVIOUSLY did not know how to ride cause i smoked him every single time we rolled on... idiot... he even gave me the thumbs up after...
Old 12-20-10, 04:09 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
funny that you say that, cause i had several people (even bikes) try to race me... and you know our cars USED to look alike...and we live in the same general area. weird huh???

a CBR600 tried to race me on 880... the guy OBVIOUSLY did not know how to ride cause i smoked him every single time we rolled on... idiot... he even gave me the thumbs up after...
I'm with you on that, either NorCal or SoCal, I always get these cocky guys with their 600cc bikes trying to provoke me. But when I mash the pedal, they're probably they're thinking to themselves, WTF?! when i'm reeling them in at 130.

I get a lot those with little man syndrome with their GTO, Mustangs or Camaros. Sadly there are even those in their G35/37 or 350/370Z's trying to play as well.
Old 12-20-10, 06:11 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^so true guys, those 600cc bikes are a pure joke! Even worse is seeing a 300lb+ guy trying to look cool on one! LOL

I rode my friend's R6 in Portland last time and with a passenger that thing was struggling up a hill
Old 12-20-10, 06:30 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Originally Posted by s4play
^so true guys, those 600cc bikes are a pure joke! Even worse is seeing a 300lb+ guy trying to look cool on one! LOL

I rode my friend's R6 in Portland last time and with a passenger that thing was struggling up a hill
Yes, that is why I switched to a liter bike...you don't need the RPMs to go fast.
Old 12-20-10, 06:35 PM
nyce92m3
Driver School Candidate

no one ever tries to race my 2011 M3
Old 12-20-10, 07:17 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by nyce92m3
no one ever tries to race my 2011 M3
Because the e92 M3 looks like any other e90 coupe/sedan. I never get any races with e92 or even e46 M3 owners. If anything we just give each other the nod and thumbs up. Mutual respect.
Old 12-20-10, 07:25 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2fast
because in America even idiots have freedom of speech
Not in the case of this idiot. His freedom of speech should be revoke for making such immature and offensive comment.

Quick Reply: Does the ISF attract Boy Racers?